Rossi 92 fixes and fill-ins

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Rossi 92 fixes and fill-ins

Post by Naphtali »

I recently acquired a stainless steel Rossi 44 Magnum carbine. Two minor issues are:

1. Rossi's OEM rear sight has been removed. There are four mounting holes that need stainless cap screws.

2. It has a Lyman elevation-adjustable tang sight. "Fine" aperture insert doesn't unscrew. I have tried using two soft-jawed pliers to break loose the aperture while keeping control of sight's stem. It's still frozen in place.
I have not yet bought Steve's Guns "make ready" package. Can I order cap screws of #1 from Steve at the same time?

How to remove the removable aperture insert?
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Rossi 92 fixes and fill-ins

Post by Sixgun »

Can't help you on the Rossi as I know nothing about them......on the Lyman stem, heat it up with a torch or a heat gun...use common sense....not the full flame ...wave it around....it was most likely either glued or locktited, a common "fix" as about anything with a screw and threads can work loose.----006
Model A Uzi’s
Scrumbag
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scrumbag »

As Sixgun says I'd be tempted to try a little heat or see if you can run a little solvent in

Scrummy
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The screw holes are for a scout scope base, in case that is an option you’d care for. The base of the spring-steel base of the longer Marbles ‘Bullseye’ sight covers them.

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/review ... eye-sight/

Here is a picture showing the longer version next to a regular open sight (elevator removed)
37AC9012-D9C5-4E80-837C-CA6E22BB7943.jpeg
Obviously if you keep the Lyman you won’t want anything on the barrel, but if the Lyman doesn’t work out, keep the Marble in mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I'm betting that aperture has Locktite on it's threads. Your little soldering iron will put just the right amount of heat on it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Naphtali »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:42 am The screw holes are for a scout scope base, in case that is an option you’d care for. The base of the spring-steel base of the longer Marbles ‘Bullseye’ sight covers them. . . .
Can you identify what stainless steel cap screws fit? I am hoping they are ubiquitous, or Steve will have them.

While I have no soldering gun, a nail held in pliers and heated to cherry red should degrade Locktite®.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are