The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff.......that boy of yours sure ain't no slacker! Mom showed me the pics a bit ago on Facebook....

Griff....in order to keep a lifestyle where you are not pressured for money I HAVE to do all of my own stuff.....we here in the Gun Room are all pretty much the same, except for Old Savage and Piller....those guys are professionals....kind of like the military, Old Savage and Piller are the Generals and we are the grunts.....

Yea, Will Geer was a tooter ....I still liked his role on the Waltons. Never heard of any of those Walton kids getting in trouble or having drug or other lewd behavior issues in their own personal lives. The show must have taught them something unlike the trash that's on TV now.

THIS is a wood rack....in very cold weather ...say 10-30 degrees this amount will keep the house very warm for a week to 10 days....when we get extreme cold weather with lots of snow I can near double this amount and do nothing for two weeks.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha...ha. ANOTHER honest win! Go suck up you punks!

Well, in all fairness when 90% of the posts belong to one individual, that individual is bound to have more wins.

As in all things "life", we all create our own luck. :D ----006....secret agent man.....they gave me a number and took away my name.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yowser, what a win ;-)

You can spread some $@%?/!!@ with this. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Van Halen dead?! Think it was chicom?

Got the new framing in today.
20201006_152912.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

$1,450 ...?....for a spreader??! Is the scale off? Don't look like it....think I paid $60 for the below one pictured...

Gunnnnnnyyy....yea, neat old barn with the stone sides.....those people who own it must be wealthy to be able to afford the lumber and labor......I knows dat ain't easy work! Just getting it ready to put the new lumber in is most of the job.

Eddie bit the dust? He WAS a heroin addict. Dang...if his "thing" could talk. Unlimited money, drugs, boredom and the inability to mentally handle it brings down the best of them.....broken marriages and problems with your kids being druggies because they expect an easy life...I've said it a million times....I don't play the lottery for that reason...I'm happy being financially challenged once in a while. I love small accomplishments.

Even Hirohito knew this...he was a marine biologist.

I've known (loosely) several DuPonts. My dad used to be a groundskeeper for one after he retired....he told me the inside of their houses were plain Jane and he always had to ask for his paycheck. I can take you past several of their homes and you don't see shrubbery or bling anywhere.....most always gated...

Well, extremely wealthy Sixgun and his childhood sweetheart drove to Woodcraft and Harbor Freight today in Downingtown....bought two "tires" for the bandsaw at Woodcraft...$26 a piece!!!!! Went to Harbor Freight and got a 2" ball hook up for the wood splitter.....$13 and a neeeeeewwww small grinder that has a rheostat switch that goes from 0 to 10,000 rpm's aaaaannnnnddddd a screw on Flex shaft for a dremel tool....$39.99!----006

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

These people were horse people so you know they have some scratch. Now they host weddings, family reunions. We are doing this work so they can cause the bsrn for events.
When we started it the floors were 4 or 5 different heights, its still got highs & lows but when we get done it will all be on the same plane.

Yeah tires ain't cheap!!

Seems Eddie died of cancer. Im not a huge fan so no skin off my back.

Just got this from my trucker buddy. His BRAND new rig.
20201006_090824.jpg
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's a nice looking Pete.....don't show that to Griff..he's a KW guy....cool pic too with the jets.

I kinda like Van Halen...not super but I never turned the channel on them. Yea...tongue cancer that spread and he blamed it on copper pics from his guitar.....naaaaaa ....lifestyle had nothing to do with it. His ex, Valerie B. grew up about 10 miles down the road in Delaware....

What I am really really amazed at is all of the Stones are still alive...Keith Richards was in the "death pool" 25 years ago...somewhere in his mid seventies now....

Put the tires on....heated them up in water.....still can't believe it costs me $55 for two of them....some kind of a racket there.....when you look at them, you think $10 a piece.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

If that's the case everyone would have tongue cancer- copper pipes run rampant in homes! Actually copper is a fantastic anti microbial- it kills all sorts of bugs.
They weren't a favorite of mine, like you I never changed the station ( I do for dead petty or Elton John,Bruce spitstien and Bon jerky) .

Good thing about tires is they should last for a long time, just remember to keep the blade to the front edge of the wheels!

Boy I can't wait to finish this job, we are all tired of the dirt, not to mention hands & knees day after day.

Saw something yesterday, seems in the Midwest Biden is in third place, there are more Trump signs and Sweet corn signs than biden! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Ha! Biden is gonna lose so bad he and his ugly mate..both Jill and ...whatever that other one is.......will be the laughing stock of the world.

I AGREE with all of your picks for unlikeable music...Bon Jerky did have a couple of good tunes but in general , nada....

I'd like to add AC/DC to that group and possibly move it up to the front of hate......that guys voice goes right through you....I WILL change the tuner on that even if I'm 50 ft. away. Elton John and all that faaaaaaaaggggooooooooooooooot music.

Hey, how about Beyoncé or Madonna or possibly Cardi B? :lol: ....and den der be snoop dog, .50 cent, (remember the big clock around his neck?) and den der be's NY City #1, Stinky Face, Wide Nose, Afro Lips and Who Let Da Dogs Out.----JB
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

When I'm driving, Dire Straits is one of my favourite bands but Kid Rock, the Stones or Blondie all help to keep that right foot down too.....if I'm going somewhere I don't like I play classical music to slow me down. 🚗
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

There are no "rock stars" that I thought were rock stars. What are they supposed to represent?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good question. I guess they are like the traveling minstrels of ancient times. Our society puts a high value on entertainment.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I did like some individual songs: Heart of Glass, Hotel California, White Rabbit, American Pie. And maybe liked a few odd performers: Boy George was one, kind of the rhythm of some of the music, ABBA but kind of discovered them after they were over.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They're just singers in a rock and roll band ... Moody Blues ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

From Jazman
20201007_130141.jpg
20201007_130159.jpg
The Holly grips I put the Colt nickles in for him.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Those look great, thanks again! I really like American Holly, and it seems to age like ivory. Happy Colt, happy man. :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:35 am They're just singers in a rock and roll band ... Moody Blues ;-)
Oh man! One of the greatest easy listening music.....still remember me and the boys smoking weed all jammed up in Timmy's 1950 woody station wagon with the vacuum windshield wipers cruising around.....

What's amazing is is that at the time I didn't even know what liberalism and conservatism was all about....just listened and liked. When the kids were shot at Kent State I thought "oh well", guess that's how things were supposed to be....

Looking back I used to like the Beatles..OK, not great but still cool....I used to think that why would John Lennon and Yoko spend all that time in bed, "trying to get us some peace".....heck, at the time I thought it meant "piece",

Heat pump man just left.....had to add 8 ounces of refrigerant ...$317.....if I was younger I'd learn how to do it myself. Handed him 3 Ben's and a Jackson.......THAT hurt.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

As i write this I'm looking at one of four holly trees with 16" trunks.....lotta grips in those babies.

Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those holly grips are beautiful.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup, I'm alive.
Hey, those are some smokin' grips! I love the look of aged ivory, so it makes sense.
I don't, however, like the price of ivory. Go with mostly stag now.

Rotated out the mags on my house guns. Was overdo.
Glock 21, PSA 10.5" 300BO, and a Colt M4 6920.
Regular zombies are bad. Eat your brains..
Hillbilly zombies are worse. They eat everything and drink your beer.
Democrat zombies are bad as they come. You see on the news what they do.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok that made me laugh Jay !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:21 am Yea, Will Geer was a tooter ....I still liked his role on the Waltons. Never heard of any of those Walton kids getting in trouble or having drug or other lewd behavior issues in their own personal lives. The show must have taught them something unlike the trash that's on TV now.
He was pretty good in Jeremiah Johnson as well ... though short on screen time.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Finished that section of flooring today. One more small section tomorrow and we are done. This barn is a magnet for lantern flies, one trip to my truck today I stomped on 19. Im making it a point of killing every one I see!!!Chinese vermin .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny.....19??? :D :D ..
You counting?!........that reminds me when we were kids we'd count the number of ants we would squash with our feet, bicycle tires or a magnifying glass.....does that make us weirdos? The left says so for people who kill wantonly... :D ...
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

McNutjob....in Jeremiah Johnson was Will Geer the guy buried up to his head by the Indians?---006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

ITS ON THE WRONG HEAD!!!!

Post by Sixgun »

No....it's not on my TV... :D :D :D

Stinky Kamals Afro sheen lured it in...ITs OBAMA INCOGNITO!!!!

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

piller wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 amGood question. I guess they are like the traveling minstrels of ancient times. Our society puts TOO a high value on entertainment.
There, fixed that for ya! And, like those traveling minstrels, some were good, others, not so much.
Old Savage wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:35 amThey're just singers in a rock and roll band ... Moody Blues ;-)
And, truer words were never spoken.
Sixgun wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:59 pm1950 woody station wagon with the vacuum windshield wipers cruising around.....
Oh MAN... my 1st car, bought with my own money... I'd saved up from my job as a grocery bagger... I was 15, just think that car was only 15 years old, paid $50 for a 1950 Ford Woody wagon, because I already had a battery! My Dad made me take it back the next day. Heck, I didn't even park it in "his" spot on the curb!!!

Okay, for you mechanical geniuses... how long does it take for the oil to separate from the water in an unmoving oil pan? I've had my Ford tractor parked while I waited to clear an opening in my project list to rebuild it... Been 6-7 years... and when I checked today, no water in oil, nice black oil, no chocolate milkshake!

Came inside for a break, hot today... exhausted and promptly knocked over the TV tray my laptop was sitting on, for the past 2 weeks... 7 days before tax filing deadline... 4 business day to deliver a new one, and old screen is kaput!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:44 pmMcNutjob....in Jeremiah Johnson was Will Geer the guy buried up to his head by the Indians?---006
No, Will Greer was the old trapper that told jeremiah, "you get that one skinned and I'll be back with another one!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That is a great movie. "You come far pilgrim."

I think it would show to some degree on the stick, Griff.
Either way, I'd get it out if it's been in it that long. I'd drain it without starting, put in new, run it a short while and change it again. But......I stress out over stuff like that. :D
You been having a tough go of it lately. Sorry buddy.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...oil and water don't mix...I can tell you for a fact that my old '89 Jeep has needed a head gaskets since around Y2K....if I let it sit for more than a couple of hours there would be a white scum on the dipstick at the top....yea, don't get it either, oil is lighter than water. This engine would lose about a quart of antifreeze every couple of months and what I did was leave the dipstick out about 2" and when the engine got hot, the water would evaporate out....yea..I must have put on 20,000 miles like that and never did notice a problem...it's still like that and she fires right up with full oil pressure.

On the woody wagon I can't remember what brand it was....hell, I was high all the time....I do remember the engine as it was a straight six. Funniest thing happened and I still remember this from 1971....we were at a park drinking beer and smoking weed and we had the doors open...my buddy says, "hey Jack, look at this".....I walked over and in a crevice by the door where dirt had accumulated was a pot plant growing.......about 2" tall... :D
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow man........just......wow. :D

My first vehicle had a vacuum wiper......singular. On the drivers side. Passenger side had a handle inside to manually use it. But that one at least worked when going up hills.
Yeah, my old 59 Willis CJ, Festus.
Of course, I didn't have a top either, so..... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jayster! Hi !---002
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hey old buddy.
You staying outta trouble?
The wife picked up some syrup today to send my buds. She's good like that.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay...it's NOT syrup...it's syriip......remember 3 stooges?....

OK, thanks Pal.......I'll take mine and Gunny's too.....Gunny don't need it ...he's busy working......talking about working, you better get back to it...I get two checks on the 15th and I don't want them to bounce nor do I want a rain check...good on another day. While your at it, please put a couple of those 2/3rds mag guns in the box!!!----Your pal...---6

P.s...Gunny told me the other day he thinks your weird....and that he don't like syriiiiip.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:43 am Hey Jay...it's NOT syrup...it's syriip......remember 3 stooges?....

OK, thanks Pal.......I'll take mine and Gunny's too.....Gunny don't need it ...he's busy working......talking about working, you better get back to it...I get two checks on the 15th and I don't want them to bounce nor do I want a rain check...good on another day. While your at it, please put a couple of those 2/3rds mag guns in the box!!!----Your pal...---6

P.s...Gunny told me the other day he thinks your weird....and that he don't like syriiiiip.

Haha you're a freakin' character bro! :D
You're just lucky they pay me for being here....not what I get done. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

How many times do I have to tell you- it's spelled S Y R U P L E :lol:

Yes Six I'm killing and counting the lantern flies I see. It's my civic duty to help eradicate these invasive bugs. If allowed to spread & multiply these things are going to change our landscape. From grapes to flowers to apple orchards will be wiped out. I so want a Henry Garden gun , these lantern flies will fly just like a flushed pheasant- I could spend hours hunting them!

Ah well coffee time.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Similar to Griff, paid $75 for a 51' Ford in 1965. Was a bagger in a supermarket for a while but made the Ford money working for a landscaper.

Paid for all my cars with my own money except after the accident two blondes in my practice lent me a total of $20,000 at no interest to get the Jeep until the case settled. Paid them back first.

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My first car was a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door with a 289.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...ok.....very nice day today...a bit windy......

Yea....what is it about things that come from China and Africa?....all these nasty diseases and bugs ...hell, we never got over the stink bug issue yet and here they come along with with "lantern bugs?"...huh?

Then there's Aids, Ebola, Ebonics, and Chicken Gizzard disease, along with "loose pants syndrome"...

What's next? A disease from Mexico that makes us all lazy?
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh oh! I think I got that Mexican disease. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six we already have that disease- its called LIBERALISM! Its very serious but curable, either hot lead or the brain snaps out of stupid mode and gets back to reality!

Finished the floor today!! Cheers of joy from us i can tell you !! Ill get pics tomorrow after we get everything cleaned up. Probably an hour just to put tools away if not more !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I tell ya...everyday is a new adventure.......sit ting here in our "office" and looking out da rindow and i's notice somethin' different on a young tree I had growing to replace the ones that got blow away in de's tornado....Locust tree....it looked white so's I grabs de IPad and takes de walk.....

ALL THE TREES IN THE WILD AND THEY HAVE TO PICK ON MINE!!!

Then's I's looky down and see's two rocks. As you know I find Indian stuff all the time but these two came from my imagination.

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:49 pm I tell ya...everyday is a new adventure.......sit ting here in our "office" and looking out da rindow and i's notice somethin' different on a young tree I had growing to replace the ones that got blow away in de's tornado....Locust tree....it looked white so's I grabs de IPad and takes de walk.....

ALL THE TREES IN THE WILD AND THEY HAVE TO PICK ON MINE!!!

Then's I's looky down and see's two rocks. As you know I find Indian stuff all the time but these two came from my imagination.

Tell you dude....if I didn't know you, I'd be worried haha. :D

Well I loaded some 300BO with the vicious Barnes TAC/TX Black Tips. Hunting ammo for bad weather. If the weather is bad, I don't like using my cool old guns. An AR is perfect for days like that.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have the ORIGINAL CCI head stamp I found on a rock! Upstate NY salmon fishing and there are fossils in every rock. Nothing cool like dinosaur but snails and worms and such. Gotta look for it...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...life is short........the days you hunt are even shorter........I used a 95% 1886 in Colorado during a blizzard walking up and down mountains, sliding down hills etc. and at the end of the day just rested it in the corner of the tent on public land.
...naaa, no fancy guided hunts in a cozy lodge.

To me, the rifle I use during a hunt is just as important, if not more important than the hunt itself....same way when competing....some guys drive 60K pick ups, wear suits and ties, live in 6,000 sq ft house, belong to a $10,000 a year golf club (Old Savage), and go on exotic vacations.....I live in a matchbox with furniture that belongs in a homeless shelter, drive old Jeeps, wear $400 Redwings, $200 belt buckle with a fancy Maine hat....and not a nickels worth of clothing in between, cut grass with a machine that costs more than cars that some people drive.......and hunt with rifles/sixguns that belong in museums.......a man HAS to have his priorities... :D

Yea....I'm a redneck and ya know what? I don't give a %=*{ what people think.------00000000000000006...super secret agent.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Oh....I also fanny burp if and when the urge hits me but I do have some class....I won't fanny burp in front of the dog.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I do the same thing! I am already planning my rifle for next year. It's ALL about the gun.
I like fishing....but if I couldn't carry a gun, I wouldn't go.
I do try and be careful of them though. Years ago, I only had so much time to hunt, so weather was less of a factor. Now, I take the whole season off, so I can be more choosy.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yea....I'm a redneck and ya know what? I don't give a %=*{ what people think.------00000000000000006...super secret agent.

I never would have guessed............ :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yessir! The fact that he does not care at all what most people think is hard to spot. :lol:
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's all common sense...........on not giving a flying ^|¥[ what people think.....your buddies and family know you well, so no matter what you say or how you do things they will still be there for you...it's called "unconditional love" or in rednecks terms, "unconditional support or buddy-ship".

Generally speaking on most matters as we all have disagreements with everyone we know.

For those who don't agree, have vastly different trains of thought with you and are unwilling to see your side, well, they are no good anyway and believe me , THEY will think nothing of throwing you under the bus for ANY reason...for their own enjoyment . THATS right, enjoyment. Some people, mostly liberals LOVE to see other people have downfalls in their life.

Cases in point.....forgot how many times I've had to defend myself at home and on the job.....township shows up and they said someone made a complaint about you.._____________. Or....Get called on the radio at work, "Jack, up to the front office please".
And its ALWAYS someone I know personally and someone I thought I had a good relationship with but THAT person makes sure their name does not come out for me to know.

Right here on the board....people twist and turn the rules and rat me out....not because I did something drastically wrong but because they just don't like me and want to cause havoc in my life Then they sit back, giggle and masturbate.

That's just how some people are and it's why our society is full of rules, laws, contracts, marriages, property lines, owners cards, bill of sales, lawyers .....on an on.

If you look at an issue there's always a common denominator which is many times the same name or people from another group that has a different ideology.

So I just make life simple and keep 99.9 % of all people out of my life...like I said, most people will throw you under the bus so why waste energy on them on caring what they think.------00000000006

I believe we have a President who thinks the same way. :D
Model A Uzi’s