Marlin Marauder in VA Heads-Up

The place to post items FOR SALE, WANTED TO BUY, WANTED TO TRADE, or AUCTION ALERTS.

Moderators: Hobie, rjohns94

Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Marlin Marauder in VA Heads-Up

Post by Walker »

Not mine, but if anyone is close to Herndan, he wants a PPT.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/931482220/M ... 4-made.htm
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Marlin Marauder in VA Heads-Up

Post by DocRock »

Wow,these don't turn up very often. Looks to be in good shape.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks for the heads up. I sent an email with request for additional information. We shall see how it goes.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Wish I was on the East coast. If you get it I'd sure like to read a range report.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

He was only interested in selling at this time. Little short on fun money for that! So maybe the next one. Thanks again for the heads up.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Dang... I've got the fun money but he doesn't want to mess with shipping.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

It’s a three plus hour ride each way for me or I would try to help you out.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Thanks Tom, appreciate the thought. I'm frankly surprised he still has it. I'm throwing an aggravation fee idea at him to see if he'll budge on shipping. I've got that 336sd that still needs the buttplate replaced; don't know why I'm chasing this. Just want it.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

What other reason is better than I want it. Are you able to get it and still pay the mortgage? If you get it are the kids going hungry? If you get it are you gonna skip a child support payment? If the answer to all of the above is no then “ I want it” seems reasonable to me. The Mrs was sorta jokingly giving me grief about the guns. I said,’I quit smoking, I mostly quit drinking, I don’t gamble, I don’t so drugs and I don’t chase any women but YOU. Ya gotta give me something! She agreed guns weren’t soo bad.
DocRock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DocRock »

fordwannabe wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 pm
What other reason is better than I want it. Are you able to get it and still pay the mortgage? If you get it are the kids going hungry? If you get it are you gonna skip a child support payment? If the answer to all of the above is no then “ I want it” seems reasonable to me. The Mrs was sorta jokingly giving me grief about the guns. I said,’I quit smoking, I mostly quit drinking, I don’t gamble, I don’t so drugs and I don’t chase any women but YOU. Ya gotta give me something! She agreed guns weren’t soo bad.
Love it!

Some years ago, a new gun was greeted with "How much did that cost?" by Mrs. Doc. My response was "Less than a weekend in Vegas and a divorce". She seemed to get the point. :lol:
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Out of the 8 guns he has listed it's the only one he's not interested in shipping... of course!
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Walker wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:53 pm
Dang... I've got the fun money but he doesn't want to mess with shipping.
Its 2 hours away for me, and if it wasn't in what we call "NOVA" (northern Virginia - which is pretty much that huge urban mess surrounding DC) I'd be happy to help you out.

The last time I drove up to nova I thought I was going to have a stroke because of the insane 6 lanes of traffic going every which way. WIth the kind of year we've had, my nerves are definitely not up to driving up there right now.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Thanks, looks it went locally.