338 Marlin express value nowadays??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

338 Marlin express value nowadays??

Post by Rockrat »

Thinking of selling my stainless Marlin 338ME. Less than 100 rounds thru it. Just been a safe queen. Just wondering what they are worth nowadays.

Thanks
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: 338 Marlin express value nowadays??

Post by AJMD429 »

Some folks here will chime in, and you can look for 'completed auctions' on GunBroker and GunsAmerica, as well.

Guns rarely depreciate much, and if you don't need the money too much, I'd keep it in 'safe queen' mode for another ten or twenty years, and I'd not be surprised if it doubles in value.

I have sold many guns over the years "to clear space in the gun safe", and 75% of the time or so, I find ten years later I could have bought another gun safe to keep them in and still made a profit...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

They are out of my price range now but that is such a great cartridge. Its a shame it didnt get better traction. I killed my first Elk and my first Moose with the one i had
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I have both the MX and MXLR stainless . the MXLR .338's usually go for more than 1k and a safe queen with the original box and paperwork will go well north of that. had Remington been able to make the .338's the cartridge would have been way more popular. I have a few boxes of the Remington 250grn ammo and my Mx has put 5 in a 1 inch group at 100 yards.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I held a MX once and contemplated buying it but decided to wait. wish I bought it with dies, ammo and brass or better yet gotten a 356 way back. I think these two cartridges are the most well rounded tube fed lever cartridges for hunting.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought the MX and MXLR both on the same day . Shot them both on paper and they did okay . But I never killed anything with either of them . Wish I had them back so I could sell them again :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !