Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Range Trip Was a Blast!

Post by fordwannabe »

I was out Sunday with a buddy and again today after work for an hour and a half ALONE. I was using my Rossi with suppressor and only shooting at 25 and 50 but t still fun and Quiet. Shhh
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The 40 as we all know isn't a long range critter but that carbine should be fine as a back up yard rig. Coyotes and other critters will think twice after a 155 goes zipping through them. Don't relegate it to the back of the safe!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Fun to get out and shoot after a layoff. I really enjoyed function testing the Spencer carbine last Sunday, shooting paper at 25 yards and plinking at the steel buffalo at 200 (without much luck).
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I feel for you guys. My range never closed and it was my sanctuary while my favorite state range was closed. I only shoot skeet at the state range but we had a group that shot every Wednesday and I really missed it. My rifle range (St Louis Benchrest Club) has limited clay bird facilities and bringing guests is limited.

But the club pretty much kept to their match schedule and even hosted a regional Big Bore Silhouette match that was very well attended. We had shooters from all over the midwest, Texas, and even a couple from Washington state and Mexico. I've been shooting the rimfire and pistol cartridge levergun silhouette and will shoot big bore levergun silhouette too but we only have a couple of those matches after the bolt gun guys get done.

I also have the option to go to my youngest brother's place 100 miles away. He has 300 yards from his back porch with steel swingers out to 150 yds.

Now if I can just get my act together with my .45 Colt Rossi carbine. The .453 bore was killing me, and then I had trouble getting the windage right with the Lyman tang sight. Worked all that out now the challenge is holding steady with a light gun that feels more like a BB gun. And of course 69 year old eyes.

Post by Leverluver »

Steve
Where is the range you go to? I have a friend in Lakewood that complains there is nowhere to go. When I still lived there I belonged to the Coors gun club; the old one north of Golden but not only the club but even the memory of it are long gone.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Wow, that sounds like a great club...cherish it. Back in the late 60s it was a short trip up 6 canyon and there was a pullout that everyone shot at, right up until some dimwit was shooting at a rock with tracer or incendiary and set the mountain backstop on fire. And we did do some shooting probably in your front yard 20 years before your yard existed. I think Coors moved east but for a guy in Golden and the traffic, it would be like going shooting in Kansas. And WY was calling. Enjoy that great shooting spot.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve