The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:43 am I have had great success against trespassing poachers with my 12 gauge alarm gun, 12 gauge blanks or flares, I used some homemade blanks that nearly destroyed the alarm gun.... :lol:
download.jpeg
Hey GK...I like that! Does not look too hard to make.....I'll make one with a pipe and use black powder.....I just hope to remember to use blanks. For real, I don't want to hurt anyone over a stupid sign....I just want these liberals to know they cannot silence me.....I put up with obama for 8 years...bitched and grumbled but I didn't tread on anyone else who thought different.

I notice you post about when I get out of bed.....(keep in mind I'm not "cultured")....so I guess it's evening for you.....---6

Well guys....what kind of trouble we gonna get into today?.......I like to see Old Savage more often with his pictures from heaven........I'm beginning to think we (I?) don't measure up to his level of culture and we aren't nothing but a mess of rowdy cowboys over here in the exclusive but open to all.....GUN ROOM! Page 117!!!!!
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hey, nothing wrong with being uncultured. Yogurt is cultured, and it is good. Pond scum is a bacterial culture, and it is not so good. It really depends on what type of culture.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ya know, NOTHING pees off your enemies more than success!!!....There's a LOT of whiners right here who never "would step over there" as one individual put it.....you know, like we are a bunch of lepers......or we have some kind of a "secret cult" where association with our deviate mental attitudes (mine mostly) would get them banned from their children's PTA meetings.

Although there are many reasons, the main reason is some people are afraid of being ostracized, publicly ignored, or just plain afraid to stand on their own two feet, feeling more comfortable in the hoards of anonymous followers.

Good ole GK stops in regularly and he's what??....3,000 miles away??!!....Doc and Piller, both guys with large T's make it a point to knock on the door or more bluntly, just walk in, like they are supposed to.....there's nothing "inclusive" about these last 117 pages. The rest of us are here only because we have little else in the way of a life to do otherwise....yea, speaking for myself....

Good ole Pitchy was always a good guy to BS with and had a lot to offer.....we all enjoyed each other's company......don't know why but he let one of Willy Wonka's floor sweepers persuade him to think otherwise but now with "that guy" having fallen into a vat of molten chocolate maybe he will rethink his past coerced decision.....remember we used to say, "what happened to Pitchy? Did he get his tongue stuck on the John Deere again in sub zero weather??!! :D

(Always wondered if Gene Wilder has filter screens on his chocolate before he moulds them into bars)

006....Mr MUT :D
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Master Piller....I bet to differ with you on the pond scum....maybe it's different down your way but we fight it up here, especially if your pond is shallow like mine is.......here, it's actually algae and forms a type of "scum" at the surface....looks like you can scrap it off but it's all connected to the algae plant.....

Here, I have a picture from a couple of months ago...a few pounds of Aquacide clears it up but never completely......to do it right, a combination of aquacide and aeration is needed but as a country boy I ain't going through all that electrical stuff.

Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six according to my tape measure its 3,530 miles but I have it on good authority that you can see my house from a tall tree in Maine. …. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

While you guys were 'scumming ' around I was at the club. Shot fairly well today. Even did a little smiffin! Traffic was very heavy on the way home!

Hey, when did RCBS stop including a shell holder with dies ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Down here, the scum is not really algae. More of a bacterial slime. We have moss, which is probably like what you are showing. We also have this slick slimy scum that coats everything below the surface, but it is a thin coat. 2 different types of growth.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny, I don’t ever remember RCBS including shell holders with die. Lee does but RCBS has for a long time, if ever. I went to my gun club today with a Savage 12 gauge bolt gun and it spots well buuut it do knock the stuffing out of you.
I also had my Savage in line muzzleloader, hmmmm I am gonna change the scope out as it is inconsistent shot to shot AND at one point today I adjusted clicks up It shot another inch and a half low.!($(&5’tkfmfkyifnfg!
The big surprise of the day was my Winchester 1895 in 30-40 Krag. At 25 yards billets touching, at 50 yards 1/2 inch apart. At 100 1 1/2 inches apart with my eyes. Hot diggity! I am not a factory ammo kinda guy buuuut why mess with success. This is to be the backup doe gun if we can’t get the 50-110 in action in time for doe season. Good to have options and when your SECOND choice is a 1895 sporting rifle.....life ain’t so bad.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tom, I remember rcbs dies always having a shell holder in the box. It doesn't matter as i have the shell holders coming out the wazoo. What bothers me is they don't include that info when you order them( granted I ordered from Amazon for the fast shipping)

Exactly why i went to a 20 ga slug gun!! I cant tell you how many 12 ga slugs I've shot over the years but I can tell you those suckers do cause a guy to begin flinching!! My Benelli M1 Super 90 shot the Remington Buckhammer 1&1/4 oz great but an inertia gun and that much lead was B R U T A L !! I had a Marlin bolt gun, I called it The .729 Pachaderm Pounder- I did a full free float, bedded it and ported the barrel. It really liked Lighfield slugs. The porting made it much more comfortable to shoot. Although I had to remember to tape over the porting when I hunted in the snow or rain just to be cautious.

What powder are you using in your Savage ML ? 5744 is what a buddy of mine uses. I wonder if Lilgun would work?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, I went shooting today also. Cowboy action, after my own style!!! While everyone tries to go as fast as they can... I try to hit the targets in the hat brim, the cow horns, corners, places everyone else tries to avoid! Too much fun! One stage had chili shaped targets... 3 of 'em... I shot at the itty bitty stem, about 1-½" square! Hit 'em too! And after all that didn't finish in LAST place! Close, but a couple others were closer to last than me!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:30 pm Hey Six according to my tape measure its 3,530 miles but I have it on good authority that you can see my house from a tall tree in Maine. …. :wink:

Wow! I always think of England being a million miles away when in fact it's only a little further than the west coast states for me. I was thinking of the big island there last night watching Braveheart...centuries of fighting...well, it's just how mankind is.

Shellholders...if ya get stuck lemme know.....I have near complete sets and many doubles/triples of RCBS, LYMAN, some Lee and a complete set of the old Herters....that last one goes for mega bucks just for one...think I have about 25 of em.

I see "The Gunny" shot well today...clap..clap...I was a bum but Sunday is a day of rest.....

GOT to get to the club.....I need someone to kick me in the A for some motivation...
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Anybody know this guy? Been hanging around lately.....this thing is big enough to make a sandwich with.

Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny I use 44.0 grains of the now discontinued
4759 with a 240 grain XTP. After it was discontinued for about three years I found several pounds at a local shop. So I won’t have to change loads anytime soon(3 pounds left).
Jack, I think that is a praying mantis.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes. Praying Mantis. That one is a male. They eat flies and other insects.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I see these praying mantis bugs quite regularly ......they are funny to watch as they have hands like people....they will grab a bug and eat it....

I was working on the back steps the other day fixing a rotted plank and this wolf spider came out that was about the size of a golf ball.....I kill spiders in the house but leave them alone outside.....yes Piller, any bug that eats other bugs is a friend of mine....have a few toads that live under the steps with the spiders.....I see these toads so often I have names for them......I'll put a small spot of white paint on their backs so I know which is which........

Yea,,,,ain't easy when you don't have any friends and have to resort to spiders and toads to call your buddies! :D ----006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six wins a model 117 Murphy switch.

http://shopping.murcal.com/Catalog/Magn ... tic-Switch

Wife's mother mercifully passed over the great divide last week. Both daughters and many relatives in and out of town. Lots to be done. Long downhill battle after heart surgery a few years ago.

I will check back with you fellows.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have a series of macro pics of a fly watching a praying mantis eat a moth. Took them years ago with diopters on an Olympus OM 2N.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Condolences OS.

One day last week I was driving home and this huge green thing flew across the road, yup a great big old praying mantis. Have been seeing lots more this year than ever before. Sure hope they have a taste for lantern flies!

I should be good on shell holders, I've got a set of hornady's for the case prep center as well as rcbs,lee from die sets .

Yes I remember you telling me about you getting those 3 or 4 pounds of 4759.

Ok Winnie, what in the world did you do to the couch last night!? Cushions half off, the cover blanket is all bunched up... Must have been one heck of a night mare. Yes Winnie has night terrors, she gets to twitching & whining then gets to running and barking then howling& growling and normally falls off the couch. I guess 18 children would give anyone bad dreams! :lol:

Yeah I shot ok yesterday. 5 off my average but better than how I've been shooting! Griff shooting the little stuff is good practice, I do the same, shoot the big pieces, can be real challenging at 50-60 yards and falling.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:11 am Six wins a model 117 Murphy switch.

Wife's mother mercifully passed over the great divide last week. Both daughters and many relatives in and out of town. Lots to be done. Long downhill battle after heart surgery a few years ago.

Condolences OS. God Speed to her.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:11 am Six wins a model 117 Murphy switch.

Fred,
Tell mom she has our condolences.....losing your parents is a big deal and hurts no matter how old they were. My mom in '96 and my dad in '07 and I think of them everyday....wish her the best from the guys in the Gun Room.

What's this magnetic switch.....this Old Savage guy is getting as weird as that MUT guy...about 1/8 of a brain...and that brain was deformed to begin with. Geeeeeezzeee...

Well guys, started the day off as usual with a blasting fanny burp....heard round the world.

Well...what do I get myself into today? Mmmmmmm well...got a 125' section of fence that needs to be unstapled , stretched and restapled...all day job......maybe.....-----006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My condolences Old Savage to you and your wife.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well....made the first step in repairing the fence....walked outside...looked at my tools.....thought out the project....need a new fence post and it has to be heavy duty as it's the one I pull from with the Kubota to stretch the fence, no problem, have some from the Locust trees that were from the tornado......these things last about forever............made sure the bucket with the fence staples, hammer, fence cutters and other miscellaneous items are there, Kubota has fuel......
Last edited by Sixgun on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The F16 boys say flexibility is the key to tactical air power and ... indecision is the key to flexibility.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

looks like a ... well we can't say that here on leverguns.

Ugh what a day! This old house is a pain! Making/fitting new trim inside old plaster with walls that are anything but straight,plumb &level is time consuming are tiring! No idea how many trips up &down the stairs today.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well...moved the burn pit about 10 ft.....sounds easier than what it was......I'll be able to add a gate to the east side to save me 75 yards of walking when I go out back......

Got a call to "check something out". Remember the guy with the mulch, stone/dirt business I told you about who built a jail for Hillary when she was running for POTUS?. He wouldn't tell me what it was and that I had to drive over.....said it already attracted some liberals who are smokin' hot about it........don't know....----006
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Maybe it is a padded room for Creepy Joe and a bed for the Mattress.
Last time Kamala saw Santa, she got angry. He called her a Hoe 3 times.
D. Brian Casady
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Condolences OS, take care of the wife. And yourself.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Fed, Sorry for your and your wife’s loss though it sounds like it was a blessing.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I went back and read the posts. I realized I missed OS's post about his wife's mother. Prayers up for comfort for all who she left behind.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yawn... Had our quartet Hunt club meeting last night- virtually. GoToMeeting is nice because I don't have to leave the house but it also kinda sucks as it's inevitable someone's computer doesn't work right, be it a camera or microphone- both of which happened last night. See but no sound- sound but no see. Eh, whatever. We decided we are going to have our yearly 'trap' shoot, guess who has to make it happen? I better get on the ball and start collecting traps so I can develop a walking course.

Vortex arriving today. I'll get the 22-250 bore sighted and maybe go shoot this afternoon.

Chilly this morning 48* , no humidity- I like it!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Jay Bird is back in town!!!!

Yea...stopped in to see Six yesterday and some people never change..same old BS..tellin' lies, bad mouthing everyone. He says he going to see what his buddy did today to pee off the left....what? this guy has a buddy? ....don't believe it....

Then he says he has a fence to work on......what? a fence? for what? this guy lies just for the sake of lying.....---JB
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Six sent me down to look at the signs while he is laying back on a hammock drinking a half gallon of 200 proof moonshine...

Stopped down my buddies today to see his Trump sign.......don't know why but it looks small in the picture. The trump sign is like 4 x 6 and the flag is probably 8 x 12. While I was bs en for a few minutes the beeping of the horns was non stop with thumbs up.

Anyone who supports the left has got to be the stupidest non-informed ####### in the world.----JB

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That should be good to get a few libatards to drive off the road and hit a telephone pole!! :lol: You'll know if the power goes out!!

Just another day of working on an old house here.

Hey my scope is supposed to be here today... gotta check tracking !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well the box was in my newspaper box, Im walking up the driveway thinking this feels light... so i open it up
20200915_170650.jpg
Yup its light alright!!!

Upon further investigation the tape that was on the box was cut and another layer of tape applied- it was an inside job !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well Gunny....you have my sympathy...for real.......when I looked at your picture my wife looked at me and said, "what the heck is the matter with you?" So I showed her the picture and the story.....first words out of her mouth ...F protesters ........

I realize the water is under the bridge but one of the main reasons I have a P.O. Box is because of that. If they hand me a package that's suspect I'll have a witness.

You HAVE to call and raise all kind of heck...telling them.."what kind of people you have working for you??!!!" You really need to make a big stink........
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Wow! Sorry Gunny. I've been lucky with that so far.

Man! Got a new phone today. IfbI haven't mentioned how much I hate that......I HATE THAT!
What a PIA. Trying not to lose stuff. And then getting the new one situated how I want. I keep my phones a long time. I wouldn't have got a new one but the old one was about full. Didn't want it to die on me.
Oh well.....
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well since I ordered the scope from Amazon, I got on a chat with a tech and they are sending a replacement at no charge. I had figured I would have already had the scope on, sighted in and be working on a new accuracy load by now! Oh well, it's now bow season so is a varmint rifle a priority? Naw .

The Perazzi barrels I got off GunsInternational were finally put into the ups system last evening- the place I'm getting them from was hit by covid, guy said 2/3 s of the staff were sick! When the package shows up I'm going to open it outside and dose everything in alcohol!!

Oh girls , WHY do you have to keep waking me up at 0430!?!?

Yes Six I'm with ya- got no use for those things either!

New phone eh? Yeah kinda tough to get used to but you'll figure it out & if you can't, just ask a 5th grader- you'll be up and running in no time! :lol:

And now, coffee!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room...38

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...you have much better resilience to unfettered behavior than me....glad it worked out for ya......this is how I see it...they loot-we shoot............period.

Jay got a new phone? With the distance you travel you need one.....I have my Skoal in the left pocket and the leatherman in the right pocket...that's it.....keep a g in my belt.........I travel light....

Well...headed down to buy me a new gate and finish up the rear fence that abuts my neighbors .....I own the land behind my neighbor and I can see his face cringe everytime I'm working there.....he always wanted to buy the land from my FIL but my FIL saw that blood was thicker than water........so I make it a point to expose myself regularly, shoot moons, make faces, thumb my nose, etc....

Well....let the fun begin......006
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok...WHAT WOULD YOU DO? the answer to this question says a lot of ones personality.

I need a gate to be used at an location where functionability overrides looks.....in other words, it won't get used often and is out of the way..........me and mom jump in her Jeep and cruise on down to the hardware store......I buy nice metal gate $115 out the door.......jump in the Jeep and drive away and as usual I take a different way home..........1/4 a mile down the road there's a fence company that puts out used wood for free....most of it is great for kindling wood but I've got some nice 4 x 4 and other wood that was nice......it's next to the road so I pull over......two nice wooden gates that came off of someone's property....there also must have been a couple of hundred 4 x 4 posts.....ahhh...didn't have the trailer but the gates fit in the back of mom's 4 door Jeep so I get them.

Do I take the new one back as that's what rich people do......peons like me take the new one home as I'll find a use for it.....---006

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well here's my take on it.
By far the metal gate will out last the wood so for time frame metal wins.
The wood gates are nicer to look at for sure BUT they are going to rot at some point- needing to be replaced in 5,10 or 15 years. Maybe sooner? Are you going to be up to that in 10 years?
So the big question is Do ya feel lucky punk? Oh wait a minute-
Are YOU going to be looking at the gate all the time? If so put up the nice wood gates. If not but the neighbor you don't care for does look at it then put up the metal gate & paint it some god awful color!

Ok here is one of the midget doors that we reframed/ built.
20200916_143520.jpg
Where the angle goes up is where the top of the original door was.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone putting that much stuff beside the road for free. That's crazy! :D
Man! You can tell rich folks live down there. A pile like that for free up here........there'd be fistfights, maybe a shooting.
My old man bought 2 8ft 2x4s last week. It was 17 bucks! :shock:
I'd take the stuff! You could sell what you don't need and hire someone to put up the gate with the profit! :D
Well, I probably wouldn't hire anyone. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...that's nice Gunny...is that cedar wood? Gary Coleman would have liked that door or maybe that guy who used to be Obamas treasury secretary.....remember him? He used to stand on an orange crate behind the podium............what's the light at the bottom or better yet, where does that door lead to..a closet?

You passed the common sense test.....when livestock is present or strength is needed nothing works better than metal. I switched metal gates and put the new one where it's used more often and put the old metal one down by the burn pit.....

Gotta run....an hour of sunlight left and got to use it.....might have helped a bit if I got up before noon....----006
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The lumber prices are crazy high now! The cost of 2x4s has at least doubled, plywood has gone up 3 times- ya want pressure treated- good luck finding it! This covid has stopped the industry in its tracks! Heck even the cost of Trex decking has gone up 40%!

Over the summer I dug 2 post holes, sank a couple 6x6s and installed 2 gates on the club property. Both metal and they block our parking lot from trespassers from parking.

Ok i think I've found a new favorite! Jack Daniels White Rabbit Saloon whiskey! Kinda hard to find but boy is it nice over a few cubes!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You A.!!! You would have to make my mouth water!

Yea...I heard that about lumber. When we had the barn built I told the people if I'm paying for the wood, I want any leftovers left here, even if it's a piece of wood 1" long. I have a nice supply of all kinds of lumber......I never complained about the price they charged me so what's mine is mine..

They were going to take a dump truck load of quarry dust back with them and I politely asked them if I paid for it. They said "yes, but most people want everything gone when the job is done"....not me.-----006
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hate to see good lumber just thrown away, with a bit of imagination all sorts of scrap wood can be used for something useful even if its only firewood.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well you hold all the cards( old desirable guns) so I gotta have something to use against ya! :lol:

We make so much scrap wood on job sites that if we were to save each piece our house, garages, barns , sheds would be full in no time. 99% of scrap goes into a container with a date at the incinerator/ landfill.

So yesterday I checked shipping for the replacement vortex , delivery by 10/2!!! That don't cut it. I requested a 2 day delivery again so if I don't get shipping notice by tomorrow I'm going to cancel the order.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:15 am I hate to see good lumber just thrown away, with a bit of imagination all sorts of scrap wood can be used for something useful even if its only firewood.
GK...we are dinosaurs in our way of thinking. If anything still had a use for it, I keep it.......and I DONT have a junk yard around here.....I keep things very neat, clean, and organized....almost to the point of having a type of some sort of a mental sickness.

Take for example, an old washing machine...I'll strip the motor, belts, maybe a switch or two and take the rest to the junkyard.

I have a barrel for scrap wood which like you say, is used for kindling wood...

Sooooo much waste in our society....if I lived near Gunny, I sure would be his pal. I even save small pieces of plywood, like a foot sq.

OK MASTER GUNNY.....what do we get ourselves into today???? ------006
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You fellows can take heart that I have not wasted any wood in many years. ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well what we got into today is an OLD barn. We are taking up the old floor boards, ripping the edges off in an attempt to make a flat plane. Guess what we found? ROTTEN beams!
20200917_101603.jpg
20200917_101608.jpg
Some nitwit years ago removed the 1st floor post and left the second floor post hanging off the rafters! This post is at least 20 foot tall and 10x12" - its a biggun! So we had to scramble and get lolly colums under the post, build a couple small walls to transfer all the roof load down to the ground.
Oh the floor boards are 1&1/2" oak and most are over 13" wide!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:28 pm You fellows can take heart that I have not wasted any wood in many years. ;-)
I bet you haven't.... :lol: :lol: :lol: