Nice Gun Room, but not enough leverguns...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Nice Gun Room, but not enough leverguns...

Post by AJMD429 »

(...I think I only saw one levergun in the bunch...)

https://youtu.be/AgGjYj_lfGY

A couple good ideas in there though. I like the large tool-drawer workbench thing.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Nice Gun Room, but not enough leverguns...

Post by Sixgun »

Don't make sense....if you have that kind of money why piece it together? Wish I would have had the sense back in '74 when we had the house built as I would have made half the basement a gun room......a foot thick poured high strength steel reinforced concrete including the roof with a vault door.......hidden generator outside with constant air flow. Refrigerator, toilet, bed and a three speed auto suck and there's no need to leave.

None of it matters if you don't keep yourself in condition yellow all the time or "they" will get "you" to open it for them.......

He definitely has nice stuff.....from what I saw all top of the line quality....

My guess is this guy is for show....any serious gun guy reloads. ----006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Agreed on the reloading. Plus I think I'd have fewer of the 'same kind' of guns (not a connoisseur of semiauto rifles so maybe I'm biased, but a Garand, an M1A, an AK, and an AR-15 pretty much cover the needs for me), and spend more money on a bigger better room as well. Make it a 'tornado' room, so when there's bad storms you just go there and reload ammo or watch gun videos until the storm's over. :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Was over at a buddy's home a couple weeks ago. He's owned the house for maybe a decade, and one reason he purchased it was the basement garage. It held 6 cars, and had an L wing in the far back corner that had 3 concrete walls, and was perfect for converting to his gun room!
He's been working on it for probably 2 years. Part of that was hiring a contractor to build the entry wall, and also build out the interior finished walls, and a cool bookcase that conceals the whole room! His interior walls are all slats that accept hooks, so he can hang probably 350-400 long guns on the walls. They're hung from counter tops to ceilings, and spaced close to fit them all. Then the counters all have drawers, and glass display tops, so his handguns are either in the glass cases, or in the drawers.
His bookcase entry is hinged and swings open via a hidden latch and hinges, which reveal the steel entry door when swung open. So no sign of a gun room at all when you enter the area! He's been collecting for 60 years, and has one of the most amazing collections I've ever seen in person. I spent an afternoon looking over his new room, and really didn't see much in just 4 hours. Most of it is pre WWI, and even more pre 1898.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/