Real Estate

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Real Estate

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I think I'm about to become a landowner in a foriegn country .

The wife watches a couple websites for lots for sale in her part of the Philippines and it's most certainly a buyers market .

Anyway she found a lot that is a 1000 square meters (roughly a quarter acre) for a very good price . I thought the initial price was reasonable but I told her to make an offer and they seem to have accepted it so we shall see .

This place kinda appeals to me as it's out of the city and within about 15 minutes of the airport . Also it's at a higher elevation so flooding shouldn't be ab issue .
EB2ED00A-F003-49CF-8F68-9EA12CCF39C0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Real Estate

Post by 6pt-sika »

I very well realize a 1/4 acre seems like nothing to most of us here in the USA . But over there thats a decent size lot , my mother in laws lot where her home is is maybe a 1/16th of an acre , her house darn near covers the entire lot . Now if the deal goes thru and I get a modest house constructed I need to find another piece not far from this one that I can build a commercial gun range , I'd like it large enough for a 100 yard range but that may be a little difficult . We will see .
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That sounds like a good investment, even if you don't build on the property it should go up in value in the future... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm That sounds like a good investment, even if you don't build on the property it should go up in value in the future... 8)
The lot we are trying to deal on is located very close to the Cagayen de Oro airport and according to the boss theyre about to build major league malls in that general vicinity etc etc so it should be okay . I was worried at first because we'd be about an hours drive from Cagayen de Oro City proper . But it now seems that may not be an issue . I'm not planning on building that quick if we do and to be honest I'd rather wait until construction on said malls has begun :lol:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You can do quite a bit of homesteading on a small amount of land if you tend it well, as long as there is sunlight and water.

Sage Advice I once received:

If you have $10 to invest - buy Toilet Paper
If you have $100 to invest - buy 22 LR ammo
if you have $1,000 to invest - buy a gun or some 5.56 ammo
if you have $10,000 to invest - buy some gold coins
if you have $100,000 to invest - buy land
if you have $1,000,000 to invest - buy more land

I never got to the higher strata, but it always seemed to be good advice.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Not much better than good land for an investment.......we know how it works here in the States. Is the government in the Philippines stable? I'm not educated about their politics but I'm sure glad I never bought land in Venezuela as Hugo just took it from those who had it.

If it looks like you have no worries about the above, go for it....if worse comes to worst, you can always sell it. Like good Parker doubles, land is the best you can buy!----006
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No experience or expertise, but it seems to me that real estate goes up in value for the most part. One Uncle by marriage had a relative who bought land at the end of a runway in Topeka, KS. Everyone told him he was crazy. Nothing could be done with that land. Well, the passenger jets got bigger and needed more runway space. Some crazy man who owned the land at the end of the runway made a pretty good return on his investment.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

My wife has a cousin in Ga that married a little gal from the Phillipines. She is the hardest working thing I've ever seen in my life. She raises a garden that is out of this world. If your wife is anything like her she'll be able to do more on that little piece of land than most folks in the states could do on 10.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:39 am My wife has a cousin in Ga that married a little gal from the Phillipines. She is the hardest working thing I've ever seen in my life. She raises a garden that is out of this world. If your wife is anything like her she'll be able to do more on that little piece of land than most folks in the states could do on 10.
I wanna put in a 75 yard rifle range lols :wink: I told I also wanted one or two carabao (asiatic water buffalo) for pets and wanted to raise gamecocks . She rolled her eyes at the carabao and said fine if I wanted fighting roosters I’d never get any sleep ( her father used to fight roosters forty years ago). Most of the pay by the day ranges over there are typically 25 yards or less , they’re only worried about pistols . I’d love to be able to make a 100 yard range and have a 222 and or 6mm PPC there just to shoot paper . Also if I could rent a piece of ground big enough for four or five clay target machines of course god knows how difficult it would be to get unbroken clay targets in that part the world . I doubt if I live long enough to shoot a Parker at flying clays in the Philippines . Plus I don’t want one of my babies being held for a couple years to get into the country . Maybe a Browning Citori 20 gauge with screw ins would be okay . But again getting wads powder primers and shot could be a major undertaking .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Maybe you could get Rock Island Armory to back you. It would be good for their business.

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 pm Maybe you could get Rock Island Armory to back you. It would be good for their business.
They actually might as they don’t have a facility in the northern part of Mindanao . But I doubt if they’d be overjoyed by the fact that I have a preference for Kimber and Colt 1911’s .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I know Armsco sells a semi auto shotgun but I don’t think they market an O/U or SxS .
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They can't tell you due to NDA but it might just be that they build a lot of parts for Colts and Kimbers.