Ooops another indiscretion !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Ooops another indiscretion !

Post by 6pt-sika »

A friend told me about a Parker VHE 20 gauge 26” he’d seen at a Gunshop outside of Savanna and gave me their number . I called Tuesday and asked to be emailed some pictures which I received Wednesday morning and before lunch I’d called the place and the owner and I hit on a deal . Guns a little grungy if the pics but I’m hoping it cleans up well . Guns 26” and by the serialization book that’s correct . It has a single selective trigger which I ain’t overly happy about but if it left the factory that way who am I to complain and I can always find a double set and switch it over and put the single trigger in safe keeping . Oh I forgot this is a 1934 gun so it’s my first that was made after Remington bought them .
D0F22D52-7546-4C99-B526-62A933BE148C.jpeg
AF6845ED-B75A-4BE6-A2EB-8114669BB590.jpeg
437D24AD-809A-4D19-808D-A22D281923E1.jpeg
E43B120F-105D-41CC-8A22-B9E9A6FE88CE.jpeg
DE765887-4E6C-41F2-8152-9954D5822841.jpeg
E83952E3-6F86-4103-800A-BF47227ED1A9.jpeg
B13BA9E2-F6C5-48FA-B63C-01C4A5696FAF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Ooops another indiscretion !

Post by Griff »

Very nice... there's just "something" about a double bbl! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That's a nice find congratulations :mrgreen: I'm with you on that single trigger but if it works it works..
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gamekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:39 am That's a nice find congratulations :mrgreen: I'm with you on that single trigger but if it works it works..
The WW Greener DH-40 12 gauge I bought when I was fifteen came with a Miller single trigger . I liked it forty five years ago but now not as much . If this gun letters that it left the factory with the single trigger I’ll like it more . To be totally honest fortyfive years ago I thought ejectors were great as I didn’t reload for shotguns , but now I actually prefer extractors . Now in the collector world of shotguns ejectors and factory original single triggers usually increase the collector value .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't bought this and a couple before it now !

Not that I don't want them but there's another Parker hammer 8 gauge coming up for sale in the next few days .

This thing supposedly has factory original 40" barrels which intrests me a lot just from the fact that they only made a handful with barrels that length 8)
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The little 20 should be in hand this Friday ! The buyer received funds (certified) Monday and shipped Tuesday . Tracking number says delivery on Friday via yuck USPS . We shall see :roll:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

USPS tracking says this one should be on time tommorrow again I’ll believe it when I see it :roll:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well got a text from the idiotic USPS saying my package is delayed . The thing was sent second day on Tuesday today was four days yet it’s still delayed . Hopefully it’ll arrive Monday along with the Amoskeauge gun .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got another text last night telling me the gun was in Jacksonville FL !

Now mail goes from Savanah GA to Jacksonville and then to other hubs in the USA . But it took three days to get from Savanah to Jacksonville and the darn thing was sent second day air .

Lotsa luck getting what you pay for as far as shipping is concerned :roll:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Gun arrived today none the worse for the shipping experience . Scrubbed it a bit with 0000 steel wool saturated with Hoppe's and most of the crud etc cleaned up . Could be better and could be A LOT worse .

Oh yeah the other is a circa 1925 Parker Trogan 12 gauge 30" F&F . A friend sold it to me today really cheap . I'd helped him with appraisal of a collection he'd purchased a couple weeks ago so he said he'd give me a good deal since I helped and didn't ask for anything . 8)
12-20a.jpg
12-20b.jpg
12-20c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The little 20 has about a 15 1/4” LOP and I thought it’d be a pain to shoot as is . But I tried it Tuesday night at skeet and went 24 of 25 at skeet . Shot a round of skeet doubles on 3 , 4 and 5 the guns choked M&F anyway I did very well at that as well.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I got three leg o mutton cases and the wooden case for my 8 gauge back from a Parker guy that does leather repair . Picked them up Wednesday morning . Late Tuesday evening I bought a leg o mutton case in need of repair but made for 28” or shorter barrel . This case after I have it repaired will be better for my 26” and 28” guns than the cases I already have .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got the Parker Collectors Association letter on the little 20 gauge today . I was worried that the gun hadn’t left the factory with a single selective trigger and the letter stated it had been ordered/built that way . That was a tremendous relief !