fanner 50

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

fanner 50

Post by JNG »

~55 years ago I had a Fanner 50 and a Rifleman rifle. Don't know what happened to them, but the family all called me Cowboy Joe.
I would love to have those back.
Did you'll have kid guns that you missed.

Joe
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: fanner 50

Post by gamekeeper »

Only yesterday I was looking at this vintage cap gun on the internet, I had one very similar called the Mountie, I remember sleeping with it under my pillow over sixty years ago.
I can recall when my mom bought it, it came with a fake leather Sam Brown and holster which didn't last long. The toy shop was in the bombed out Bull Ring in Birmingham.
larrabee-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I had a Fanner 50, plus the Mattel Snub-nose .38 with shoulder holster and firing Greenie Stick-em Cap Shoot'n'Shells. Great for putting you rotten little brother's eye out! :lol:
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

I had a Hubbly that was a representation of an 1860 Colt cartridge conversion. It was full scale and had removable cartridges that were two part and looked real. They had full length bullet that a brass piece that fit over one end of the bullet piece. It had a cut-out in the end and a paper cap was placed on the end of the bullet and the brass cartridge piece went over the cap and bullet. It cost a lot for a cap gun at $4,99 in about 1959 or 1960 but I really wanted it and saved up to buy it. It and my Mattel rolling block rifle that shot shootin' shells were my favourite toy guns.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I had a cap gun, might find a foto. Used to wear it in the Las Vegas airport when I went to work with Dad.

only 70 years have passed, CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SHRIEKING INSANITY if a kid had his cap pistol on his hip now days?

In an airport ? ? :?:
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Had the Fanner 50 also, a pair of them. Remember a cap gun that used the roll caps. Looked like a Tommy gun and you pulled a spring loaded post to cock it and the gun would run thru about a 1/3 of a roll of caps right quick. Got dirty pretty quick and didn't work for very long.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I have a cap gun that looks like a colt 1903 Pocket that uses roll caps. My mom got it for me when I was about 5 or 6. It's quite realistic looking and freaked out a few neighbors.

Eric
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Found it and another I had forgotten about but am having problems posting photos, something about my imgur account. Would someone be willing to post the photos if I text or email them?

Eric
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had a daisy popgun that was a break action double barrel. Got it at 3 years old. Never knew I had it until years later my parents asked about it. It weighed about as much as a real gun. At 3 years old, I couldn't lift both ends at the same time. By the time it was found in some closet, it had rusted.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

I remember a wood and metal double barrel shotgun.
Opening the action cocked it. It would shoot corks placed in the muzzle.
I remember the Mattel "Shootin' Shell" guns but, they were out of my reach.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

765x53 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:50 pm I remember a wood and metal double barrel shotgun.
Opening the action cocked it. It would shoot corks placed in the muzzle.
I remember the Mattel "Shootin' Shell" guns but, they were out of my reach.
I had one of those double barrel pop guns, I used to load it with fine gravel, it threw a wonderful pattern for about three or four feet... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Had a Fanner 50 and holster. Also had one if these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Old Savage wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 pm Also had one if these.

FB_IMG_1598106265675.jpg
Now that's cool -- brings back a lot of memories!!! Me and my 3 brothers all had one!!!

Boy, we sure shot a lot of Injuns with those!

( Can I say that??? Well, maybe on here I can... )

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Closest thing size wise is this 32-20.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I gotta a few cap guns :)

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that looks like so much fun! have caps?
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

When I was 3 or 4 I cut the tendons in my index finger of my right hand. My dad knew a co-worker that was an great surgeon. He went down into the palm of my hand and grabbed the end of that tendon and reattached the two ends. Since I am left handed he told my dad to go buy me 2 cap pistols so I would exercise both trigger fingers. It worked because now I can shoot with both hands.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.