Needs prayers AND a miracle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Needs prayers AND a miracle

Post by J Miller »

Well, we need prayers for, AND a miracle.
Right after we moved to IN the frame on my wife's Nissan PU broke from road salt rust damage. Not repairable so it went to the scrappers.

On the second trip back to IL the frame on my Pathfinder broke for the sane reason. At the time we were towing a U-Haul trailer to bring the stuff we left in a storage locker in IL here. Not fixable, so we drove it carefully until today.

Today the breaks suffered a catastrophic failure when the steel lines running over the rear axle area ruptured.
Luckily it happened just as my wife was turning the corner into our parking area. These lines are as badly rusted as the rest of the frame so every one on the vehicle would have to be replaced. Something that isn't worth it due to the rest of the damage.

We NEED a replacement vehicle that is good and usable for extremely cheep or free. We have only our SS income and that barely pays the bills.

As it is my wife is talking about airing up the tires of her bike to go the PO to get the rent in the mail. Something I do not think is a good idea.

We need a new , at least new to us vehicle, that is not in need of repairs and is in usable condition.

And prayers, lots of those.

Anybody got a good vehicle they'd like to donate to our cause?

Joe & Elaine
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Needs prayers AND a miracle

Post by Grizz »

sorry to hear this... PrayersUP of course, and I hope you get that vehicle real soon . . .
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Man I feel for you Joe and hope something works out. My old 97 dodge is sitting now with only front brakes due to rusted out rear brake lines. Frame is very rusty at leaf spring mounts and I won’t put much weight in the truck. I’ll scab some new brake line sections in when I can. Probably will have to put new wheel cylinders on as well.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up Joe, having lived My whole life in the rust belt in salt alley Ohio, I can sympathize with Your plight. We just helped Our Daughter replace Her '04 Honda Pilot that was a death trap on the road as the whole rear frame was like a piece of paper and the trailer hitch was nearly dragging on the street. I hope something comes Your way.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Joe, What year was the pathfinder built?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

octagon wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:03 pm Joe, What year was the pathfinder built?
1995 model year

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers sent.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Prayers from the desert. That Midwest rust is something else.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Put the word out at your church. Lotta time somebody has a vehicle they aren’t really using but just hadn’t gotten around to selling, and the vehicle may not be worth that much so they haven’t gone to the effort to sell it, but would part with it for a really low price, or if they think you’re a deserving kind of dude they might just give it to you for nothing. We did that a few times over the years and either charged nothing, or a couple times I think we charged 20 bucks just for show. There’s a few obnoxious ones in every church, but you’ll find that most of the folks there really want to help each other.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "