Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Interesting Article on Fox Business This Morning

Post by AJMD429 »

A consistent thing - people trash a place, then move to a pristine place, and trash it, and keep repeating the cycle.

It is the 'social' version of slash-and-burn agriculture.

Move to a nice place (nice as a result of unfettered free market capitalism and lax gun laws), selfishly pass economic and business regulations for their own interest that wind up backfiring or being overridden by other larger groups, and naively pass a bunch of 'gun control' laws. Pretty soon the place sucks. Then, instead of un-doing the damage (which is probably impossible), they move away to another nice place, and repeat the cycle.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

hilarious if the smartest person to leave LA actually thinks there are no big-city-problems in Texas. hilarious
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That's all well and good but what I hate is they all want to come someplace like I live.
Then inevitably turn it into what they left.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

If you can learn to like our winters, the Upper Midwest (aside from the Twin Cities) doesn't attract too many citidiots.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Yeah Texas is quickly turning into a place you don’t want to be either because everybody is doing just what ol Joe is doing. Leaving a real crappy place and coming here. I’m afraid Texas is the next California.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Just as Colo Steve left Cali 40 years ago, I left Colo 40 years ago, for the same reasons. For all practical purposes it is now a blue state.

Texas (through no fault of the good folks that grew up there), is filling up with northeasterners that don't like big taxes and cold winters as well as Californians. It will soon (if not this year) turn to a blue state. If that happens, with the high number of electoral votes, there will never be a republican president elected again. Hold on to your hats, it can and will get worse.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

I lived in Jefferson county also, Golden specifically. Yes, there are still great places in Colo to get away from the nuts but the problem with the big cities is that they dominate politics. Denver (actually the front range from Colo springs north through Ft Collins) dominates Colo just as New York dominates New York state. Chicago dominates Ill (and I know a LOT of terrific folks in Ill). The coastal cities LA through San Fran dominate Cali. My point being is that I have mixed feelings on the crumbling of the cities. I don't like to see the good folks hurt but maybe it is a good thing they are crumbling. I know the left would love to "corral" us all in cities because it is much easier to execute their "plan" so maybe it is a good thing to let them crumble from within. The good people that need to move will be welcomed elsewhere but the ones (mostly rich elite) that promoted the policies that caused the problems in the first place should be forced to stay and drown in their own sewage.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Bridger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:29 am Yeah Texas is quickly turning into a place you don’t want to be either because everybody is doing just what ol Joe is doing. Leaving a real crappy place and coming here. I’m afraid Texas is the next California.
Still a lot of good here in Texas. Problem is that we have brain dead Leftist zombies running Houston and Dallas. The Dallas County (doesn't) Prosecutor refuses to prosecute thefts from stores under $600. The County Judge prosecuted a woman who opened up her business when he had given shut down orders. He offered to drop the charges if she apologized. She didn't, and he put her in a jail which was a CoVid hotspot. He had ordered VIOLENT FELONS released just days before. As you can easily guess, Dallas County is not my favorite place.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Pennsylvania ain’t no cakewalk! The head of the department of health is issuing pandemic orders for all but was a male child psychiatrist who now wears a dress. The Governor yells everyone to wear a mask and social isolate but attends a Social protest arm in arm with others. Just sick of the wackos running the show. Why does the fringe of society get to make the rules?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

here's the dirty rotten little secret. the epidemic AND the rise in deaths is DUE TO THE LOOTERS AND RIOTING CRIMINALS NOT WEARING MASKS AND NOT KEEPING SEPARATED THE PRESCRIBED DISTANCE.

THIS IS WHAT IS SPREADING THE WOOHAANVIRUS. IT'S THE ONES NOT COOPERATING, THEY ARE THE ONES DELIBERATELY KILLING US WITH THEIR DISEASE.

THE RIOTERS ARE THE DISEASE CARRIERS AND SPREADERS

psssst, pass it along
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve