I have a new S.D. tool

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

I have a new S.D. tool

Post by JNG »

After calling the local S.D., then the State of Ohio, one could own a ASP baton.
I taught S.D. through the OPTC (Ohio Police Training Council, Self-defense and PR24]. I have 2 Belts in martial arts.
I walk my dog and other dogs come by, most nice, but not all.
I have a CCW, but there are times it is not needed to go to such extremes.
My Sensei and I will be playing with them.
A slew of them are availability. I chose ASP,
Pick and chose what will your fill you needs.
Also check your laws where you live.

INEW! Agent Infinity Concealable Baton, (Steel) 30cm
$144.99 out of stock
• Retracted Length: 6.3"
• Weight: 10.2 ounces
• 4140 Steel striking surface NEW! Agent Infinity Concealable Baton, (Steel) 30cm
$144.99 out of stock
• Retracted Length: 6.3"
• Weight: 10.2 ounces
• 4140 Steel striking surface

Joe
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I have a new S.D. tool

Post by Grizz »

Hey Joe,

good info. what about just a good old staff. Mine is a tree branch about 1.5" in diameter and stout as a 2x4... I realize it's slower and not concealed, but is it a reliable deterrent? It did change the mind of one street punk who was checking me out. He checked it out when I lifted it up, and bypassed me. One time. Not enough for a trend...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I often thought a Sjbok would make a handy companion when walking the dog ..https://youtu.be/zPQzC877O6Q
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

I *love* the extendible batons, and the Asp brand.

Back when I wore the funny hat, carried the extended length 26" one. (I'm a knuckle dragger size)

Sheriff's office serves a lot of papers, in a rural county there's a lot of farm dogs.

Never had a problem with any of them. Usually snapping it out provided incentive to better behavior.

Not saying I never had to administer 'a slight correction'.

There were a couple of really, really big dogs I dealt with and we at least had a mutually agreed cessation of hostilities.

Oh. Before you go stamping it on the group to get it to unlock after extending...make sure it's not on someone's fancy tile floor. (wasn't me!)

I'm in OH also, got a cheapie 18" from Smoky Mt Knife Works. (plain view officer, not concealed and I can show you my certificate if you want)

Got a paracord wrap to make it less slippery and goes in the lefthand side slot pocket on my carpenter jeans when I'm walking the Great Pyrenees.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Adding, most of my use was knocking those stupid scam plastic signs off utility poles.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I don’t have the link handy, but some outfit makes an umbrella that is basically a chunk of PVC pipe that you could whip the snot out of somebody with, and it also happens to have an extremely durable umbrella with it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 18, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

A long time ago I learned a little martial art known a Kali. Now I was never one of the best. But I've seen the best and they can whip your butt (and physically disable you) is about three shakes of a lamb's tail. And do it all with an itty bitty stick. \

My point to this is if you carry an impact weapon get training. And even then you may come up against someone who's better. If you do, it's gonna hurt and leave bruises. And that's if they like you.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Wed May 18, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

I was hurt in a building collapse. I had 5 surgeries due to a Fire ground incident.
I would be good for ~40 seconds for self defense. Left the Police because residency requirements, Oh well.
If you know how use a kubotan , you at the head of the game. Please check the law where you live.
Any question, please e-mail me.

Joe