The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by OldWin »

Ok, I'll play. I remember this day. Just got back from riding dirt bikes. Looks like I was a bad influence on my son. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hmm, I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic ...

Yes hot and huuumid here too. Just as we finished cleaning up the skies went dark, on ride home it started raining. More coming- 60mph winds forecasted. Sure hope this breaks this hot spell!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ok, I was 22 or 23 here. I'm on the left, my dog, Lady and one of my college buddies.
20200722_170842.jpg
If I remember right we all shot a limit of ducks that day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well OW, you are the clear winner and you win ...

https://images.app.goo.gl/LJtgiWCm5riRGhBs5

Now, no idea where we will get one.

Alternately you could type Model 102 into google and pick any other item, and there are some interesting ones ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Didnt Hi Standard make a model 102 ?

Well my fancy wireless weather station says it is raining at a rate of 97 inches/ hour. Its really coming down !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup I was right, supermatic citation model 102. Now does Six have one that we can give you ?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101481854
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I'll take it!

The High Standard, that is.
Thanks OS! :D Maybe I can come up with something better in a model 102. At the moment, nothing is ringing a bell, however.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang...we're ALL drunks, have dogs and shoot! I noticed Fred has his hand on a beer and how did I know what you would say next there 6er ;-) .......Jay.....that picture today would have you locked up for child abuse......Gunny.....that is a standard "good-ole-boy redneck pic..... :D

Naaa...ain't got a 102......had a first year production Hi Standard something that was NIB..(1947?) sold it for big bucks.

Ok....time.....fall 1974....we were living in a rented house while ours was being built......it was a nice place with lots of woods....I used to go on walks with my son and of course, always had a cold one...yes...ALWAYS 16 pounders......my boy, who was not yet 2 decides to take a swig...with encouragement.......funny thing....he don't have the drunk gene I have...I'm the only one in the family.

That's a Smith model 39 on the blanket.

Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

6:52 and it's BLACK outside....wicked storm......if I didn't know better I'd swear there was a BLM protest going on.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Did some heavy duty gun smithing today, Model 650 H&R. Cylinder wouldn't rotate with the trigger or cocking it. Started to taken apart. Got the grips off, dead end there. Inspected the pawl. Did not work correctly. Then did what any master class smith would do ... sprayed Hornady One Shot everywhere that made some sense. Q tips where I could get in. Voila, worked like charm. Functions great now. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hornady One Shot??? I'm thinking the left part of my brain says not a good choice as it stays sticky and collects dirt...but the right side says...mmmm, not a bad idea. I'll stay with the left part.

I'm a proponent of taking the side plate ...and as much as you can take off.....off and spray the hell out of it with carb cleaner...blow it out with compressed air then spraying EEZOX (or however you spell that synthetic oil) and blowing that out with compressed air.....then maybe a tiny dab of synthetic Frog Lube on the wear parts...

You want to get the congealed/dirt/natural oil OUT........carb cleaner will dissolve all of that and synthetic oil leaves a fine film of oil IN the surface......

Yea Fred....hand (I call them that) springs, especially the old style leaf ones will stick.....I've bought a fair amount of revolvers in the civil war and later era at half price because of that.....many times it was a 15 minute fix....

Oh well.....cleaned up half the gun room....my daughter left......I think she's getting annoyed at working from home as her other half does the same. Brings her two Frenchies with her....
.one of the most walked in my bedroom and my cat jumped off the bed and on top of the dog giving it a new anus. :D I hate being so professional in talking.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not much to be done with your upscale terminology. ;-) I taught anatomy and physiology at a local college ... to nurses.

Now that was exactly the problem here with that spring. The hand would get stuck in. I have had good success with One Shot flushing things out. I think it leaves a lubricant deposit. Work like a charm here. You take that super degreaser, relube routine.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well I just got home from drivin' all day... left the house @ 0930, walked back in @ 2230! From home to Pineville, LA and back. Hmmm... mid-20's?

Okay, here @ 22 and standing in defense of God, Country and the American way of life!
Well, ok, maybe leaning a bit... :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Some picture Griff.....amazing.....just a kid.......fighting an old man's war.....and you were probably an oldster at 22....kinda burns my butt thinking about the 18-24 year old kids who died fighting all the wars and these punks today protesting.

You got one holding the Thompson?.....m-60?.....at least a 16..-6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gotta be careful using carb cleaner on an assembled gun, it can turn some wood finishes white. Dried up lube, like WD40 ( which is NOT a lubricant!!) can and does cause most failure to function problems. If the gunk is bad enough I just soak it in mineral spirits to soften in up, I have steel tanks for blueing so it's easy enough to soak.

I've got an H&R 999 in the basement that is a basket case, was missing a few parts, all of which I have found except for a hand (pawl) and grips. The normal parts houses were/are out of both so it sits there. The H&Rs were known to has bad hands, not sure if bad heat treat or just poor design.

That storm was pretty intense, the sky went black here too, started about 6 and was over about 7:45.

Good thing the cat attacked a frenchie and not a JRT - cat would have been one step closer to being Chinese food! :lol: that reminds me of my Lady girl, she was a devoted cat hater. Traveling back and forth to school, a guy from Massachusetts was traveling with me, we stop in Garden City KS about 3 am to gas up. It's a self serve station. Anyhow Todd is pumping gas , I'm walking the dog in a vacant lot when she finds a cat, proceeds to shredding the cat alive. It's screaming, dog snarling, lights are turning on in near by homes, I'm yelling . Finally get back in the truck and we take off. Got to school a few hours later and the dog has part of the cat with her in the back seat the whole time!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Gunny, you gotta be careful out there in injun territory. They might have shot you full of arrows for waking them up. That had to have been before the ginormous beef processing plant by IBPXL went in. Man it makes Garden City stink nowadays.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That was 26 years ago, doubt I could even find that place again ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It hasn't changed much. Just added the smell from 30,000 head of cattle in the holding pens waiting to be turned into steaks and hamburger.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Great cat story Gunny......I'm surprised you even remember the name of the city.....I wouldn't have......

Chinese food! Ha......I've read it was common back in the day during the wet markets here that were common before before refrigeration......the marketers had to leave a paw on......

Talk about it being "soupy" outside.......better check to see if there's a paw in the soup.....

Loaded 100 32-20's late last night.....got the machine set up....took me 20 minutes....gonna head down and knock out a couple of hundred more.....--6

Could not imagine working in a cattle slaughter house. There's one in Kansas that my boy used to take the train near it...said the whole area stunk so bad you thought you were at a BLM protest..everything was greasy..chicken backs, gizzards, and necks laying on the ground....empty KFC buckets everywhere....just terrible......maybe that's the one your talking about......
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That sounds like National Beef in Liberal, KS. SouthWest of Garden City by about 80 miles. Out there, that is next door neighbors.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dad always said you never see any stray dogs or cats within 2 blocks of a Chinese restaurant.

It wasnt too bad outside until the sun finally broke through then it got flat out hot! Glad we finished up early!

Just loaded up my ammo box for this weekend, 500 rounds of 12 ga. 200 bird match, probably burn up 350-400 the way I've been shooting!

On Tuesday I ordered a new set of color mag lenses for my Decot shooting glasses. I opted for 2 day shipping, they processed the order today- tracking has them being delivered on Saturday :x .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

No eata .....dog..cat..bat...snake.....they are very

Humid ain't the word.....better to say unbreathable......have no idea how I survived the first 10 years or so here....just never felt the need for air conditioning...never had it growing up..in fact..not even a fan......we had one big window fan in my mom and dad's bedroom and I was on the other side of the house...

When I bought my 2005 Rubicon I asked the salesman if he could find one without ac...."nope, standard" he says. I did luck out with roll up windows......getting inspected tomorrow.......1,600 miles since last July and 600 of that was going upstate in deer season.

That's all for today..got to get up early tomorrow...about 10.----6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:38 pm No eata .....dog..cat..bat...snake.....they are very

Humid ain't the word.....better to say unbreathable......have no idea how I survived the first 10 years or so here....just never felt the need for air conditioning...never had it growing up..in fact..not even a fan......we had one big window fan in my mom and dad's bedroom and I was on the other side of the house...

When I bought my 2005 Rubicon I asked the salesman if he could find one without ac...."nope, standard" he says. I did luck out with roll up windows......getting inspected tomorrow.......1,600 miles since last July and 600 of that was going upstate in deer season.

That's all for today..got to get up early tomorrow...about 10.----6
Same here. A car with A/C when I was a kid was unheard of. So was a house.
I was maybe 3yo and my dad put a car fan on an electric motor in a frame of metal lumber and put it in my bedroom window. No guards, no nothing. He said, "keep your hands outta that", and that was it. Mr man you'd plug that puppy in and it would blow the pictures off the walls.
Good times.......

Oh, and Six.
Your salesman was BS'n you. Air was not standard in a TJ. It was an 850 dollar option in 2003. The second most expensive after dual top. I ordered it in mine. I took a lot of head from my buds for it, but when the black flies are out or it's dusty, it rocks. Most all the guys that hacked on me for it now have it. Mine still blows cold, 17 years later.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya Jayster! Been b.s ed a lot in my life...seems like it follows me around...I must have "A %" tattooed on by forehead. I really wanted that Jeep baaaaaddd as it was the 6 speed manual, Rubicon...roll up windows, soft top..2 seater and best of all the color orange.....kinda glad about the ac the way the heat has been. I had it charged once but it never needed it...the guy said it was fine but I told him to "fill it to the brim" anyway...cost me $50 to be stupid.... :D

I run my ac in the winter to keep everything loose and sealed.....Geeze....in the winter 60 degree air is like heat.....mine is cold enough to freeze a T Bone....a steak...not T-bone tom....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup! A/C is worth every penny bro.
Whenever your defrost is on it cycles your ac pump on and off. This is done so that it is still used even in winter.
If you turn on the defrost and turn the radio down, you can hear it click in and out. The idle will also blip up and down about 100rpm.
Yeah, I had a 99 TJ when I heard the rumors of the Rubicon finally being put into production. It had been talked about for years. The prototype was built on a YJ.
Kristy did the books at a Jeep dealer (why I married her) so I had a lot of info. I ordered one of the early ones. They were very difficult to get and the factory wouldn't ship one to a dealer without a customer name. They predicted a sales total of 8k units the first year. They sold 12k the first 6 months.
My window sticker says "Built especially for Jay xxxx" right on it.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My 08 Ruby had all the bells & whistles, only thing it didnt have were zipper pulls you could get a hold of!
I've had a/c in everything except my 1st truck, 87 toyota. That truck would go anywhere and 37mpg !

I have to top off the a/c in my 07 , not blowing warm but it feels like it is struggling lately. Yes I have a window sticker that says ' made especially for ' as I ordered it.

Here too we didnt have it growing up, but now it sure is nice to walk in to a wall of cold air after being outside all day!

Not much rain last night. Still humid- like falling into a pond humid ! Yuck.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I got a lot to report on......first..Thanks Jay..never knew that about the defrost.....I don't use my defrost anymore as if it's cold or icy I don't drive..plus, no more icy mornings for me. Ha! In the garage covered.... I still never knew that about the defrost..well done! And now a BIG WOW! you have a Jeep like I got guns...."made especially for Jayster" that does make me a bit jealous...now I have to order me a Jeep Truck with a diesel in it. :D (ain't gonna happen)

Ok....the BIG STORY.......I rotated my tires the other day and checked the brakes for inspection that was today.....brakes were fine.......backtrack to last year.......when I had it inspected last year there's this black guy who worked the counter and I had on a "Black Guns Matter" T-shirt. He looked at it but didn't say nothing but he did have a sneer on his ugly face..........fast track to today........went up and had the Jeep inspected...didn't pass......the same black guy called me over to look at the Jeep....He says, "front brakes are bad...won't pass" I say, "how much and when?" He says, "today..we can have it done in a couple of hours. The price will be $76 for the inspection/emissions and $400 for the front brakes." I say, "ain't gonna happen, bolt it back together."

They make me pay anyway for the inspection and emissions test...$76...

I leave and go straight to Brandywine Auto Parts and pick up the best pads they had....$46.......Go home and put the Jeep in the garage.....

Look at receipt.....$33 for emissions! WTF? ...I'm exempt as I drive less than 5,000 miles...well, I'm dropping off a Mayor Lightfoot at the moment then I'm gonna slap on the pads and go back to get my sticker......AND my $33 for the emissions they should not have charged me for. :D

AND...AND....AND.....after I put the brakes on and BEFORE I go back up there, I'm gonna put on my "Black Guns Matter" T-shirt.

Yea....I can be a real momma poker!---6 o da bro wit da T-Shirt and wit da attitude.....--6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You better demand to speak to the manager too !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sounds like you have it all under control buddy.
Good plan! Be SURE and wear that T-shirt!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Letter from the IRS today !! Seems I have to PROVE that I am who I am. Oh the hoops ya have to jump through to get anywhere on that site !!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok.....NOT GOOD!...First, I have the worst attitude in the world for dealing with people that I'm sure that they are gonna screw me over......I turn a little spastic.......after I'm done dealing with an individual like that I'm sure that after I leave they turn to their buddy and say, "yea Joe, not everyone is a push over...you gotta be careful with these types that are 10 cents short of a dollar. :D

So...........I slap on the new pads with a new learning curve...every Jeep I have is different.....after spending a half hour on the left wheel I spent 30 seconds on the right........got everything all nice and clean, come in the house and wash up...........take my 1 point 8 mile drive with the old pads.......walk in all cheerful...wave and smile...........the black guy tells me I have to come back to get the sticker put on.......I say, "It's inspected right?". He says, "yep, just needs the sticker and we have to see if there are new brakes on it." .........I say..... "I have a receipt right here that says I paid for the inspection and I have the old pads in my hand..you can look right through the wheel to see the shiny new pads so why do I have to come back when it's a 30 second job to put on the new sticker?".......He says, "all my technicians are busy and I can't leave the desk."......

OK......my inner dialog is telling me he is testicle busting and because I have a gun permit I HAVE to maintain my cool.........

I say, "when can I come back?" He says, "tomorrow, when do you want to come?" I say, "11". Then I think about how they charged me for an emissions when I didn't need it and bring that to his attention....he takes my receipt and goes in the back room and brings me out $12 and change instead of the $33 and says they have to charge me for the sticker that says, "exempt". I don't argue and put the money in my pocket and go home.

I'm a known cash customer and it's my paranoid guess he was gonna charge me 400 for the brake job and pocket a hundred or more of it.......

I get home and notice he kept my receipt.....I go back and they can't find the receipt.....they print me out a new one with different numbers.....mmmm..

You bet I'm gonna see the owner tomorrow or whenever....he was not there today.
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....that's because your name isn't Jamal Laquasha Lincoln.
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Tear em a new one Six - sic em boy sic em ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Jack I'm going to email you. Nope not jokes. Something you might find useful.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Gunny...don't know if you got the return email but yes..it relieves pressure.......seems like the frequencies in the 7-800 range work better......the problem is that it comes back after I turn it off....ahhh..works for a few minutes......I'm gonna wait until the next storm comes like that one we had last night....thanks for thinking about me on that.....---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Haven't checked my email yet this morning. I hope it works, nothing is curable but if you get relief then it's worth trying. Anytime bud!

So I have realized is IF I set the alarm clock I wake an hour before it goes off, no alarm set and I wake on time. I really didn't want to get out of bed at 4am today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

4 am? Amazing.....I'd say most people I've talked to in life have this ability...they wake up at a certain time everyday.........no matter when I go to bed it's very hard to get up before 7:30-8:00.......I really do like to sleep....I'll sleep right through a nasty thunderstorm......think I told you about the time when we were at summer camp in Boy Scouts the guys carried my cot with me sleeping on it to the edge of the lake 100 yards away and set the cot in about 6-8 inches of water....I woke up like an hour later and fell in the water.

Well...got up bright and early today at 10:30...got dressed with a t shirt and pull up shorts along with my military boots......drove up to the gas station to get my inspection sticker.....the mechanic looked through the wheel and saw I had new brakes and put on the sticker.....3 minutes max....saw the owner and told him his manager has an attitude and not everyone living around here makes $200,000 a year....very nicely mind you...nice as pie.......and then I asked him why I had to drive back to get the sticker......(I didn't have my hearing aids in) and he explained it to which I nodded, only hearing a few words, shook his hand and left.

Did ya hear the news...the Black Militia is headed towards Tenn. (I think Tenn,) and they said they ain't +#=[%=# around. In the entire group there might be one AR in .223. Last time there was a mess of AR's and if you look close they are .22 AR's.and plastic play guns :D Their handguns are Bersa's, Kel Tecs, starting pistols, Sterlings, sling shots, rocks, pointed sticks, cap guns, and other ghetto junk.....

They really don't know who they are #=+*%=* with.......going to be interesting as those people don't hold back like whitey does.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

When I lived in NJ left to my own devices I would wake up at 10:30 am. Here in Cali it is 7:30 am but ... it is the same moment.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

That's weird Fred....when I go to Colorado I go almost instantly to my times in Pa.....it might be 1 am and my boy will say, "let's hit the sack"......and I say "ok, but not with you",.. even though it's 3 am back home.

Hey, you guys know I like to laugh at ugly people.....my wife does too....we're both bad.....anyway, just a few minutes ago she says, "look at the ugly mayor from Chicago (mayor lightfoot)......in addition to being short and ugly she looks just like Beetlejuice." We both busted up laughing so I googled it and sure enough...we were not the first to notice dat......

I wonder how people like this get anywhere in life...ugly and stupid

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's simple. While there may not be many that are as ugly, there are many that are more stupid. They insured this by taking over the education system long ago.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Actually lightfoot is the offspring of beetlejuice and don king!!

Well started my morning off with a 23 then I dropped the big brain fanny burp with an 18, back to a 21 then a 19... to be really competitive its gotta have a "2" in front of every round. I might be in 4th or 5th now.

I didn't want up at 4 but I woke up, rolled over- that got the girls to wake up and there is no going back to sleep if they are awake!

I'm beat, 67 miles each way, hot & humid and shooting all day - I ain't a kid no more...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny...,my worst scores ALWAYS come in extreme heat and humidity.....in addition to "match boredom", covid 19, failing eyesight, aversion to people, I can also add heat and humidity to why I haven't gone to matches this year...it may change
but I think my match days are over......at least 30 years of hard competition and tons of shooting in between matches have about worn me out.......

Your still young....I was my best in my fifties...the eye sight and reaction time leave you a bit but the nerves and confidence become better.....

Yep...you started with a 23...then the heat got to ya...---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

It wasn't too bad until about 2 pm, the overcast burned off and the sun got involved! We are lucky to have a covered shooting line, Most bunkers do now. We can continue on rain, sun, snow.

The best score I ever shot was a brutal hot humid day. It was a practice day, only 1 other guy showed up. Since I was running the bunker I had to be there, anyhow I broke a 95/100 .

Woke up at 0350 this morning, again earlier than I needed...

Well some coffee will make things better.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well, I did the shake down mow yesterday. Not too shabby. I took my time Friday night getting the deck all adjusted and level (it was way out of whack before). It has never cut better or run smoother.
Only issues were the belt tensioner spring let go on the deck (easy fix), and had a connection issue with the plug on the electromagnetic engagement clutch. I just tightened the plug. Not too bad after such a teardown.
She just needs a new seat and a steering column bushing. Been a fun project.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Dang Jay...that baby looks fine!.......yea...what is it on those JD seats....used to be a guy down the street who use to reupholster them and seats like it for $20-30...had mine redone twice and then bought a new one.

Yea...you got her looking shiny and sweet.......and I'm sure it runs like a deer!.

Maybe you could just get a seat off of one of those English bicycles....about 8" Long and 3" wide and everytime to hit a bump you'd get a little charge and leave a little extra...

It really would not be hard to reupholster it....just rip off the edge binding , spray paint the metal satin black, some new foam and that shrinkable plastic/vinyl that you hit with a heat gun. I bet a new seat is pushing $200.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I'm in the shoot off, 5th place. Wish me luck !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Congratulations Gunny! Best of luck!

Yeah. Still got some odds and ends. The seat is one. Still gave to re-bush the steering column too.
Thanks guys.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup 5th.
The ISSF needs a good swift kick in the head !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Good shooters do not need to be "wished luck".....they create their own luck.

Good luck Gunny!!!!!---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks guys!
Well I won high over all SENIOR division. Age 50 +. If I hadn't of had an 18 % a 19 yesterday I would have been at the head of the pack.
The new ISSF rules are down right stupid!
In the real world the guy that shoots the best score wins. Makes sense right ? Not in the ISSF world! Now the top 6 shooters shoot another round of 25 targets, low man is out. Then the 5 remaining shoot 5 more, low man out and so on until 1 guy remains. These are all 1 shot per target- normally ya get 2 shots. All to a radio playing rap music in the background! Why you ask- its thought that it makes it more interesting to the spectators! It's a crock of ....

Today the leader fell apart during the shoot off to win 3rd place. This kid is a very good shooter , he was ahead by quite a few targets and with the new rules all his hard work means absolutely nothing!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!