The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Griff »

fordwannabe wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:06 amGood news Gunny. Here’s to her healing up quick
+1!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My daughter's doberman went through a similar surgery. He had a very rough uncomfortable time during the early recovery. He is doing well now but it has taken time and careful care. Your dog will probably do the same.

Having my own hardware I know that at some times and phases it can complicate recovery and be the cause of some problems.

Had this broken plate removed but it was in there that way for 3 months.

Here is to your dogs recovery and back to action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Glad the pup is on the mend Gunny.

Hey OS, are you bionic? :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Gunny, hope she heals up right this time. Crazy as it sounds, lavender scented air fresheners can help calm down pets. You might want to have your whole house smell like lavender so that all your fur people stay calm for a few days. The first couple of days of healing are the most critical. If all goes well for 3 or 4 days, it will most likely go well all the way to full recovery.

I do a little part time work at a Surgery Center. There are a few people whose bodies reject implanted items that should make life better. Occasionally, spinal devices to stop pain from degenerative disease will get removed because the person's body rejected them. Dogs sometimes have the same issue with rejecting implants.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have several dental implants. Strong bone in my jaws and weak teeth. I inherited weak teeth from my Mother. One time, my Dentist could not get the drill to go straight, so she put a piece of cadaver bone -a common procedure- in to promote new bone growth so she could try again. 6 months later, the new bone was ready to try again. The cadaver bone was sticking part way out the side of my gum. It was never absorbed. She was a little surprised at the larger than expected bone growth to cover and fill in the first hole she drilled. She had to use a tungsten bit. The stainless steel bit would not go in. Not really sure why. The bases for the implants are solid for me.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

All good signs Gunny! When our little buddies are in pain, we are in pain.

I actually was thinking of going to the club today.....must of had more energy last night than I do today.--6

Piller....you got dead people inside you??? yuk! Eeeuuuuuu yuk!.. :D
Model A Uzi’s
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I thought this was cool until I saw the starting bid of $1,750.
37505536_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

David wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 pm I thought this was cool until I saw the starting bid of $1,750.
I'd like that and bet there's a lot of them rusting away. Other than cans of oil this is the closest I've ever been able to accomplish in the memorabilia department.----the rest of it was in such poor shape I cut it off and made a kindling wood box out of it.--6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My concern now is she has yet to take a dump( is that a tolerable word?). 2 meals in & nothing out yet. The paperwork I got said it might be a couple days before she has a BM, the anesthesia does it?

Thanks for the well wishes, mucho appreciated!

Got chased off the job by rain today. Thought I could out run the storm, as I pulled in the driveway the skies opened up so I'm sitting in the truck with the air on.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ahhhhh...dunno Gunny....your treading on thin ice there....if I were you, I'd edit the post, delete "that possible bad word" and replace it with "#2". Never know when the Pope might coming looking in on us and we need to keep our image clean. In fact, the way this country is going maybe we ought to stop talking about guns and even dogs in general. Dogs are known for eating #2 and that's dirty.

But it's OK if post a marriage picture of you and your spouse who also happens to be the same gender as you and EXCELLENT to post a picture of a worthless George Floyd muttering, "I can't breathe" but it's NOT ok to post a picture of a baby who is about to be aborted in his or her third trimester with the caption "I can't breathe". ---6
Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ooooooohhhh...... shiney! :D
My buddy. Always holding out.

Me likey. :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No, no dead people inside me. The dentist tried, and it came out. Most of the time, it is added to the patient's own bone. They seldom tell you that they have done it.
D. Brian Casady
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well still no #2...
She is walking much better already. Still have to keep her on a leash for another 3&1/2 weeks.

Rained some more over night. Looks like I might be able to mow this afternoon... ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Vet just called, seems Claro has a bacterial infection. Now I'm wondering how well they sterilize the OR, tools, implant!!?? So 4 weeks of antibiotics as well as 4 weeks of 'bed rest' .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....PUMPKIN.....PUMPKIN......go to the supermarket and get a couple of cans of PUMPKIN.....NOT the kind you make pies with...plain pumpkin in a can....I don't know what the heck they use it for, I ain't no chef ....mix a few tablespoons with her food.

She will number 2 easily. Coconut oil works good too....natural coconut oil...mix it with da food.

You might have to take a trip to California or Washington and get some of that body lube that's popular out there. It's called "Slip the Gerbil" and is only sold in five gallon buckets. ----6

Hey! What happened to my post on the pond rakes?

Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Had a great day of Jeepin' and exploring Kodiak. First picture is a brown bear taken about 10pm last night. He was about 50 yards away. Glad we had a rifle cause we left the doors and windows for the Jeep home. :D
The rest are from today. We were exploring old WW2 bunkers out at Chiniak and other places. Just incredible! Pictures don't touch it. The cliffs were quite high. Erosion is taking it's toll. You can see where one bunker fell off the cliff face.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Neato pics Jay! Not a cloud in the sky.....

Mmmmm...dunno about walking in a dark bunker.....big mama might be in there......

Wouldn't it be cool if you snooped around and found a crate of BARS all in the cosmo. I love doing that kind of stuff ...I be lucky to find a couple of empty '06's

Your livin large bro......have a great time!-----6
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Cool.
D. Brian Casady
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Gunny, +1 on the pumpkin. I have a little chihuahua who gets plugged up on occasion. A spoonful of pumpkin and she gets regular very quickly. There, said it without causing issues for the moderators. No intention of using 4 letter words, just trying to get a concept across without causing a problem.
D. Brian Casady
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks guys!
Yes, this is rare weather for Kodiak. It is in the high 50's or so. Very nice.
I must have been a civil engineer in another life. I find that stuff fascinating. When I'm hunting, I'm always looking for old roadbeds, foundations, etc.
Case of BAR's? I couldn't have lugged em outta there! I'd of settled for an M1 carbine. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:28 pm Thanks guys!

I must have been a civil engineer in another life.
Engineer maybe but certainly not "civil."

50 degrees? Don't get no better than 50-60 for a year round temp....

Keep looking Jay.....dig..go in the weeds, ask the bears.....got to be a 1919 somewhere......maybe a 1911 under a rock....
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:38 pm
OldWin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:28 pm Thanks guys!

I must have been a civil engineer in another life.
Engineer maybe but certainly not "civil."

50 degrees? Don't get no better than 50-60 for a year round temp....

Keep looking Jay.....dig..go in the weeds, ask the bears.....got to be a 1919 somewhere......maybe a 1911 under a rock....
Can't argue there buddy. I really ain't civil. :D
Next time I will bring a shovel!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yes pumpkin is good, lots of fiber, vry nutritional as well. No need for it as she did a biggun yesterday evening! Vet said the drugs used to knock her out could cause lack of movements. Knew she would go since she still eats like there is no tomorrow!

I'd say you might have a hard time finding a crate full of anything , we didn't go running scared from those bases like the French ran from theirs! :D

Well got home yesterday to find the tree rats destroyed my hummingbird feeder. Off to lowes to get another, made a squirrel guard too. Now I'm declaring war against those little grey buggers! I'm going to employ the .177 artillery!

Out the door this morning at 0445, the girls went ballistic! Dunno if the bear was inside the fence again or if there were raccoons... I need Six here to take the night shift !

Wowser- had a storm cell move through last night, all of a sudden the hair on my arms stood up ( I was laying in bed) just as a brilliant flash and BOOM! Bolt of lightning hit very, VERY close to the house!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Close flash of lightning and a boom of thunder so soon that they seem to be one simultaneous occurence will sure get your attention.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

"Out the door at 0445"....Geeze.....I go at to,bed about an hour before that.....OK, I'll take watch tonight.....just leave a bottle of JD at the base of the tree....I'll do a good job. :D

Funny thing....all we are getting is a quick passing dark cloud, sometimes with a 2 cent sprinkle........

Mmmmm...what to get into today.....thinking it's a perfect day as there's no wind to play with the 32-20 Low Wall out to 150.
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Got to my eye Dr appointment early today because I KNEW it was gonna be an issue. The little cuties out front with their handmade mask. Question question question then have you had contact with anyone known to be Covid positive in the last three weeks?
Yup!
Eeeek!
I have been in Covid positive facilities and had to interview positive residents.😱
We we we can’t see yoouuuuuu. Oh no oh my
Ma’am I am a registered nurse doing Infection control surveys for the Pa Department of Health. I was wearing full PPE and practicing high level Infection Control. Gotta go finish this after my appointment
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:44 pm Got to my eye Dr appointment early today because I KNEW it was gonna be an issue. The little cuties out front with their handmade mask. Question question question then have you had contact with anyone known to be Covid positive in the last three weeks?
Yup!
Eeeek!
I have been in Covid positive facilities and had to interview positive residents.😱
We we we can’t see yoouuuuuu. Oh no oh my
Ma’am I am a registered nurse doing Infection control surveys for the Pa Department of Health. I was wearing full PPE and practicing high level Infection Control. Gotta go finish this after my appointment

You tell them Uncle T-Bone!!!!!---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I am very proud to be those boy’s Uncle T-Bone!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Viking double oven, 400 lbs dry weight. Take off the doors, remove the racks. 4 guys lift it into the cabinet and the cabinet isnt deep enough ! This cabinet company SUCKS! We knew we had to cut the face frame for width before hand. Now we have to take it out, make a filler piece to get the depth. What a pain in the basement!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ahh, uncle Tbone- I done broke the code!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So old Jay is adding to the list of places I've lugged a Winchester carbine.
Top of Old Woman Mt. and Chiniak pt. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nice Jay....probably 30 degrees up there and you have a t shirt on. Yea...you baaaaddd!

We watched a documentary on this island off the coast of Maine where rich people build vacation houses then they turned it into a national park in 1916. Interesting ...beautiful country. The highest peak is called Cadillac Peak and last year a mess of bros from N.Y. thought that's where Cadillacs were made and tried to storm it. When they found only 17 cadillacs on the island they had no way to drive them across the ocean so they left em in a parking lot where the bank repossessed them...some story.

Keep up with the pics Jay....it's the closest I'll ever get to Alaska. :D ---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 pm Nice Jay....probably 30 degrees up there and you have a t shirt on. Yea...you baaaaddd!

We watched a documentary on this island off the coast of Maine where rich people build vacation houses then they turned it into a national park in 1916. Interesting ...beautiful country. The highest peak is called Cadillac Peak and last year a mess of bros from N.Y. thought that's where Cadillacs were made and tried to storm it. When they found only 17 cadillacs on the island they had no way to drive them across the ocean so they left em in a parking lot where the bank repossessed them...some story.

Keep up with the pics Jay....it's the closest I'll ever get to Alaska. :D ---6
Haha yeah. Cadillac mt. Is a nice trip. It's in Acadia national park and you can drive up to the top. There is a lot to see there.
We Jeep up Schoodic mt. to the north. It is a TOUGH Jeep trip. About a mile long trail and an all day trip. The view is 360 degrees and beautiful.
I think I've taken close to 500 pictures so far this trip. They just don't do justice. I've seen more country in the last couple years than in my whole life prior. Never thought I would see most of it.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Where's my bear cub!? Don't make me get uncle Tbone involved! :lol:

Looks like you guys are having a great trip!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Top of Cadillac and Big Lake in a Grand Lake Stream canoe.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

If anybody is interested ET Brass in Ohio has 86 grain Remington 25/20 bullets in stock(only 2000 left I helped deplete the stock by 500🤗🤗) for $26 a Hundred or 500 was $25 a box with free shipping.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:55 am If anybody is interested ET Brass in Ohio has 86 grain Remington 25/20 bullets in stock(only 2000 left I helped deplete the stock by 500🤗🤗) for $26 a Hundred or 500 was $25 a box with free shipping.

Uncle T-Bone.......aka Tommy Gun.....haven't I taught you before that when a deal comes up on a hard to get item...buy em ALL....you can always sell them instantly......

When the going gets hot, YOU gots to get hot.....for real, on more than one occasion I've left auctions with 6 or more guns....no junk either....none of this Rossi or mossberg junk......one time I left Targetmaster with 14 guns....1886's, '92, one was a '66, hi walls.

Buy,,buy,,buy.....low....and sell high...----2
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

When talking to the lady it seems Remington is back in production so I will be buying more to put away but need to wait a while.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

PM not working so I will use this.

Son is out of ER and in a regular room. Pneumothorax, they put a chest tube through the chest wall to drain. This has been going on a couple weeks. They finally diagnosed it with some imaging and sent him to the ER then to the room. Doing well at last report but they are holding him for a few days. He is in semi rural Tenn. Waiting for today's report, visiting is restricted.

Update decided they need a couple more days of suction?

AJ, any experience. He seems in the prime group: tall thin youngish smoker.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Holy smokes OS!

Prayers for a quick and full recovery.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oh boy Fred! Sure hope he pulls through without any lasting effects!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Oh Lordy...I didn't even know what it is so I looked it up...."air gets in the area between the lung and chest cavity". I still don't know what it is but one thing for sure, its treatable and we have the best medical technology in the world today.

Fred...I feel for you...being several thousand miles apart and not much you can do. I know the feeling....

Keep us posted---JB
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers up for a speedy and full recovery.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gentlemen- HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
Please enjoy the following

https://youtu.be/DHLlwiLebkc
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Thanks for the good wishes. Concerned as you might imagine. He did seven tours on a nuclear ballistic sub so who knows what exposure. He is stubborn, surely from his mother ,-) . Might be better in the long run without continuing lung irritation, smoking. He is apparently a little miserable right now. All info from his significant other who is dedicated. Keep you all abreast ... wait am I allowed to say that ;-)

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Prayers up Fred. A pnuemo is usually a symptom of something else. Some of it not so bad. Sounds like they are on it. Any idea what testing is being done?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not yet, no professional to talk to right now. What ever is the issue I think will sort out. Couple of docs that are his buddies have been there. We'll see what shakes out and try to keep the cool head in the mean time.

Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Just got off the phone with my son and his sweetheart......FaceTime from Custer City which is 20-30 miles from M.R......I think that's what he said.....he was at Mount Rushmore earlier and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

He is driving his Harley .....never saw that one before...it's orange and looks as big as a Volkswagen......sent us a video of them on the bike cruising through a herd of buffalo.........he said every car, pickup, and motorcycle out there has Trump stickers and the local people were telling him "they're just waiting" for the feces to hit da fan.......it won't even be a fight.....WE win....THEY lose...easily and quickly.

One couple was telling them the locals would love to see these liberal progressive blm antifa whack jobs even attempting to deface Mount Rushmore.......they said there's LOTS of land to lose them in..... :D

Don't pay no attention to the news from either side.......BOTH right and left are lying fake news and they are doing nothing more than spreading false propaganda to keep the flow of money from their sponsors coming in.....Trump is gonna win so big the lefts heads are gonna spin off and the blm do nothings, no tax paying, statue destroying, disease spreading leeches, parasites, bad genes, 60 IQ are gonna choke on their filthy dreadlocks.

After the election the party will be smokin' hot with massive celebrations going on. People will be partying like there's no tomorrow....fat people will be eating triple thick pizza's with extra pig fat dripping off. They are gonna eat so much their stomachs are going to explode...like this guy in the picture. He had some kind of a nervous disorder and ate 3 pizza's with triple coatings of deep fried chicken gizzards and then on a dare, drank a half gallon of pineapple soda and his stomach exploded. ---JB
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well, my gosh. Had to save the eyes of those interested in your sardonic wit.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Hit the range today. Had a great time shooting the kids 94 carbine aaaannnddd......
I'm tellin' ya, Jack's old 1895 35WCF never looked so good! Boy, do I make that rifle look good! :D
We had a ball shooting it. The thing is just beautiful.
Thanks again, Six. You did right by the kid.