Rossi 92 Reciever Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fal
Levergunner

Rossi 92 Reciever Sights

Post by fal »

What is avalible in reciever sights for the Rossi 92? Not really interested in Tang Sights, just reciever.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Rossi 92 Reciever Sights

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's some links to stuff I posted a ways back on this forum -

On aperture sights of various types - > Aperture Sights

On installation of my favorite one - the Williams FP - > the Williams FP

I've basically got four types of sights I use on my leverguns:

1. the light 'trapper' style ones tend to get the Marbles 'Bullseye' on-the-barrel aperture - simply replacing the factory rear sight. They are the fastest sight I've ever used, bar none; partly because like a red-dot optic (only moreso), there is not the factor of everything below the target being obscured - that way something running towards you isn't out of the sight picture before you shoulder the gun. The dual-rings mean you get speed but a half-second longer or so allows you to use the smaller one (all is 'automatic' just based on the way eyes work). They are as annoying to adjust as ordinary 'leaf' sights, but once adjusted are super-rugged.

2. the mid-size ones usually get the Williams FP, due to the easier and more precise adjustment versus the Bullseye, and without the aperture, the 'ghost-ring' effect makes them pretty fast.

3. the 24" or longer guns I mainly use at the range, and for fun, so they often get a tang sight, for the even-longer sight radius, and just the fun/nostalgia factor.

4. the bump-in-the-night leverguns get my 'Night Scout' treatment, with a Burris Fastfire-2 and a LaserMax, along with an attached light. Not at all traditional, but unlike any of the other options, the setup allows me to hit targets the size of tennis balls at 50 yards in pitch black conditions, and a 357 Mag levergun set up that way is WAY less costly, and more quiet, than a tricked-out AR-15 with thermal imaging (....although . . . . a thermal scope IS on my long-list of 'wants'.... :D ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I used the Williams sight but, IIRC; I had to install a taller front sight...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Welcome to the forum, by the way...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fal
Levergunner

Post by fal »

Thanks guys! Leaning towards the Williams FP. Already have it on a couple other guns. Just have to figure front sight height for 20in. 45Colt.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Our very own NATE KIOWA JONES (aka Steve's Gunz) has a nifty aperture sight that replaces the bolt-mounted safety on the Rossi 92 ...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Welcome!

I have an old steel 66 Lyman on my 92 Rossi SRC in .357.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Muzzlestuffer
Levergunner

Post by Muzzlestuffer »

Yes I know of Steve he did my action job for me a while back very smooth and nice trigger !