The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Gun Room

Post by fordwannabe »

Who is complaining now? I understand OS but I hear much worse language at the grocery store these days. In my opinion there is an instigator. Nuff said. I will try to follow the new rule.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

One more then I will stop. The difference in America (not just this forum) now and when I was a kid can be summed up by an experience from when I was a kid. In the one town we lived in there was a dirty book store. I didn’t know there was a dirty book store because my parents drove home a different way so their bouncing baby boy wouldn’t be exposed to it. Today 30 people would be out front protesting that the dirty book store had to close because it offends the people even though it is a legally owned and licensed business. Ok actually a dirty book store would be fine , crack dealers ok, and prostitution ok but no police stations, churches, or gun shops. Os I do not mean any of this in your direction, Just a comment on our society as a whole.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

This was only from me, no one else, on my own but Hobie already replied. Looks like AmBraCol might be the only option for redress.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good evening Gentlemen.

Very nice flowers Old Savage........ and Mr Piller, the same to you.

I see a building is all boarded up. Such a shame. I hope the persecuted fellows who are demonstrating get whatever they need and want. They deserve it after standing and walking in the heat, holding up those heavy signs. Such a disservice our awful government and elected officials are perpetrating upon these poor souls.

Gunny Mack....may the Good Lord bless the medical future of your canine friend. Praise the Lord!!!

Mr Fordwannabe....I see you have been fortunate to win page 95. I have a like new one here but I promised to donate it to the English Literature Society

Rules? I never did favor them. My mother and father always told me that if you don't like the rules of a game, then go make your own game, because then, YOU can make the rules......that you like. I never did put all of my eggs in one basket.

Dang whiners everywhere I go. The Master Gunny, from N.C. called me today. We discussed the ever increasing turmoil in every aspect of our lives. He's got 10 acres and I've got 4 with access to 20 more. He does not leave home much anymore and neither do I. Why you may ask? Because here I MAKE the rules and it's the last game in town. Here, it's all mine, bought and paid for. Here, I can word my sentences anyway I feel....no disrespect mind you. In my life I won't feel anyway but free.

Didn't think we'd get to page 100-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, ;-) what wordsmith talent!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, did you get thunderstorms last night? We sorely need the rain here. Less than 1/4" .

I saw this morning the protesters beat a Dem law maker in WI, why? They are on the same side...

Thanks for the well wishes!

FWB, how was your nap? Did you get the link?

Oh well ya can't fight the system
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Ha one post in 24 hours
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Whew, sure am glad that humidity has passed through! Past few days have been brutal, on 2nd floor slate roof replacing more siding. Between the slate, white painted siding, humidity and direct sun we only worked half days. We finished it yesterday.

Just read an article about Wolff springs, sure they feel better but as I knew they are not always reliable in SW wheel guns. Fortunately I know how to smooooth a revolver. :D

Ah well,coffee is done!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Spent the day yesterday mowing the yards... front, back and barn! Son helped, it's fun having two mowers... he just followed along behind me about ½ a lap back and picked up my clippin's! One or the other of us will spend today finishing up the pasture. Man it looks nice with the weeds are knocked down to the same height as the grass!

Nice that the poison ivy my son sprayed last month is finally dyin' off! My son is super sensitive to that stuff, even breakin' out when handling the dead stuff... me, it doesn't seem to affect too much.

Six, if you need to get rid of some of that WWs, let me know how many lbs you can ship, I'll send a check!

And Tom, congrats on winnin' pg 95! I'm glad I didn't... I've never cottoned to a '95.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Man! This place is dead. Something happen? Did I miss something?
Oh well. Had a rare clear day here today so I snapped some pics.
One overlooking the town of Kodiak. One of my wife and son. And one overlooking the airfield and some of the base. All taken from Pillar mt. Haven't seen any bears yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very nice, great views.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks OS. Hope all is well with you.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good here outside the craziness.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Seems like this area is getting back to normalcy here, the barbershops are open- hours long wait times!
Well off this morning to dig a couple post holes to hang gates for th fishing property. Oh how I hope for easy digging!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not much difference around home. Other than the self appointed "compliance police" or those that think virtue signaling makes them better people.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

:D

Last edited by Jay Bird on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well Bird Man,
Sorry to hear our pal Six is throwing in the towel.
When I came to this forum, he was one of the first to welcome me and help share info and knowledge. Made me feel like an "insider".
I consider the man a friend, and I dont have many.
I'm going to hang around here. I'm not going to be run off by the self anointed. The mods can delete me if they want.
I have tried not to offend anyone. Oh well...
Insecurity is a powerful thing.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Hi Jay...thank you my friend....I ain't leaving...I'm leaving the way I used to operate a memory....from here on in, its get, take, steal, loot and pillage....you know, be on the offense...-------Mr See-What-He-Can-Get or Mr. Pillage, for short :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay Bird....stop talking for me! I'm on this side of the fence......

(Excuse me, I have a stack of Ben's to count) (DONT tell Jay Bird)--6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mr. P........ or Homie P. :D
Sounds good to me bro!

I'm out scoutin' bears and salmon. I will check back in a while bud. Can't believe I have service!
Beautiful here man! :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

You better find me a Kodiak cub !!!

Well this morning I was able to beat the rain ! Got the holes dug, footings poured and the posts set in concrete for the gates at the fishing property. Then made the bank before they closed. Got home just as it started to rain. Big storm came through, worst was south of me. The thunder was a constant rumble for at least 15 minutes- never experienced that before.

Ah well, do I go to the bunker tomorrow or stay home and do yard work...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No luck. Salmon don't seem to be runnin around here today. Them and the bears are usually linked, so........
Did see some beautiful country. Saw some whales too!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

OldWin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:52 pm Saw some whales too!
What are you doing home in Maine?...I thought you were in AK.--JB
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Apparently, they have em here too! These blacktail deer run around like dogs. All over people's lawns and everything. I'd never go hungry! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Howdy boys,
Griff I am a little partial to my 95 in 30-40 but it has a lonely so Six what do I win for page 95? Remember Marlin made 1895’s also!
I got to do sumptin yesterday that I haven’t done in a Looong time! I got a HAIRCUT! It feels so good to be a man again instead a having a man bun.
Beautiful pics Jay.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Those blacktails look like whitetails.........how do they survive the winters?

Marlin 1895's...as you know, not many of them around..they never impressed me...nothing more than a big 1893..I don't know, are they bigger?

Back in the nineties I could have had a beautiful deluxe takedown in 45-90....it was a Turnbull resto.....I mean....nice....$3 big ones.

Watching a couple of my past relatives on TV...Lucky Luciano----JB
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks FW!

They are smaller than whitetails. At least smaller than ours. They are really good eating though. My son has some on ice. A bunch of jerky too.
There are no moose on Kodiak island. Just deer, bears, and small game. It's so huge you'd never know you were on an island. It's all mountains and rough country.
Really cool to see. We are going to go hike a trail up a mountain maybe tomorrow. Depends on the weather. There is still snow higher up. We will see if the old man can keep up.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Pretty cool Jay....off the subject but salmon is one of my favorite foods...it ain't cheap but I eat good....curious, is salmon cheap there?

Kodiac island? Read a lot of stories and many famous hunters have been there.......no doubt the 35 with a 250 grainer ....100 yds or a bit more....would do the job.......---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's not cheap to buy but nobody buys it. They only keep the best. The very dark red colored.
The pink colored they call "dog salmon". Because for years it's what they dried and fed sled dogs. :D

Yup. That old 35 looks right at home here. One of the nicest 95s I've seen.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six you don't buy salmon if you live in Alaska- go catch your own!

I don't think Kodiak gets that much snow or gets very cold, it's kinda like England- the ocean current keeps it fairly warm...

Well it's 0520 and I'm still not sure what to do, I should go to the bunker but I need to mow & spray weeds. Such a dilemma! :D

But first COFFEE
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That is true Gunny. But some years they get buried. One winter when my son was here before, they about 10 feet.
What a place to have a mountain sled! Makes my mouth water. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Talk about being a bum......got outta bed at noon, fired up the coffee machine, hit the TV and guess what comes on?---6

Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Umm a GOOD COWBOY MOVIE!? :lol: Idont recognize the actors...
Just got home from the bunker, looked at the radar and clear skies now its pouring- guess I wont now this afternoon!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Burt Lancaster
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Valdez is Coming.......

Well, finally got a rainstorm....the first in several weeks....we either get too much or not enough............
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Never heard of it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Me neither! Guess I'll have to look for it & record it maybe
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've heard of it. Can't remember if I've seen it. If so, it was a long time ago.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It's a GREAT movie at a smaller scale of Quigley Down Under without all of the stupid music and flamboyance of Hollywood. Much more likable, satisfying and realistic than QDU. Watching QDU one time is enough...I've seen this movie a dozen times....

Those pictures are when he shoots a half dozen guys at close to 1000 yards.---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

That should do nicely! We made one years ago at the farm. We made the whole thing out of steel, pulled it with the quad. We were after all the cat tail roots. It worked surprisingly well! Of course we also pulled a lot of muck from the bottom too- stunk for weeks.

Sorry girls, no breakfast this morning, well Winnie and Parker will get fed but not till after Claro is in the truck. I sure hope removing this plate gives her the relief she deserves! I NEED my hunting buddy back to work!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Dogs do heal fast.....got to be tough though as the area was probably not fully healed from the first operation. Funny thing about animals..they don't show pain ...they just keep on going and playing.......when it gets bad they do show it a bit by just not being themselves.

Looks like another hottie today.......yea....we need rain....grass is turning brown here....---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Vet just called, plate and screws are removed, she said the bone looks all healed up. Figures there was a screw irritation. I can pick her up after 5.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Jay Bird wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:27 pm :D

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well here is the implant.
20200629_183114.jpg
She is not a happy camper right now!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Probably was Dopey for a while. Glad she wasn't Sneezy. If she is Grumpy for too long, call Doc. Do not be Bashful.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:35 pm Well here is the implant.
She is not a happy camper right now!
Wow! $4500 ! Maybe you can recycle that.....tell em it's white gold!

Poor dog...you know she's hurting but no complaints.
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Missed you guys... out here on the highways, the internet bites! And that's good part! Cause it seems the big truck stop chains only want you to eat crappy burgers & fries! Anything healthy you have to really dig for! Driving a truck during this time sucks! Oh well... gots to make a living! New choppers gonna cost 38Gs!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Griff....why don't you do some shopping for some good food and cook it in your truck? There's no way I can eat anything greasy or cheap.....I'll get stomach cramps and feel terrible.

I know you can cook and cook right. Do it! That's an order! or turn in your Thompson!---6
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We are feeling better this morning! Tail is wagging, ate breakfast like normal and finally drank a bunch of water. Haven't turned lights on yet but it appears she let her toes touch the floor when she ate. Gotta leash walk for a month, hope she starts using this leg normally.

I think I know that guy!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Good news Gunny. Here’s to her healing up quick