Am I going to regret rubbing the Genies lamp?!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverLuvr
Levergunner

Am I going to regret rubbing the Genies lamp?!

Post by LeverLuvr »

I just recently joined this forum after buying my first gun in 15 years. I had sold all but a couple about as long ago and haven't opened my cabinet since. Now that I have a lever gun again, I decided to dig out all my old stuff, (parts, cleaning supplies, tools, ammo, etc.). Now I don't have anything like what I've read about that some here have, but was surprised at how much stuff I did have and forgot about. Now I fear I have rubbed the gun genie lamp and have come to an epiphany, I just need more guns. The misses gives me grief whenever I buy another guitar, (I only have 8, not sure what the problem is :mrgreen: ), but I should be able to pick up a few guns before her radar kicks in. I wouldn't mind picking up a Winchester 94.I had an early 60's before an loved it in 30/30. I know the pre 64's (I think) are the ones to have, any ideas on prices I should expect to pay and were there any other periods they were acceptable. Maybe some suggestions for a couple others to look at. Preferably .357/38 special or colt 45 calibers.
My other wife is a Les Paul Custom
God, Guns, Guitars, and Peanut Butter Pie..... Oh, and I guess the wife.
From my cold, dead, gun powder residue ridden hands.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Am I going to regret rubbing the Genies lamp?!

Post by fordwannabe »

Welcome. If you are here you will probably end up regretting it. This bunch of enablers will convince you you NEED a fill in the blank, and if you have that fill in the blank then you NEED this fill in the blank to go with it. Mostly in good clean fun. Lots of knowledge here too. Any 1884 pre 64 is good some of the post 64 are good also. Prices are all dependent on condition and what it is
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you have a love for guns, a bit of OCD, and some money - you WILL wind up with LOTS of g-g-g-g-guns....!

Get your significant other to find her own hobby to spend money on, so then if she buys a new [ collector china plate, goat, sewing machine, set of golf clubs, whatever ] you are merely 'keeping pace' to keep it fair and even.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
LeverLuvr
Levergunner

Post by LeverLuvr »

I got away real easy with the Big Boy purchase since I deemed it my Fathers Day/Birthday present, and she got a new Lazyboy recliner for Mothers Day, so right now were about even. I had about a dozen guns 15 years ago and she didn't seem to mind to much. We were watching "Dirty Harry" one night back then. She asked me if that's true, is the 44mag the most powerful handgun in the world. I told her at the time, but not any more. She asked if I had one. I said hell no, those are hand cannons. She asked if she could try one. I knew one of the guys at our local shooting range and arranged for her to try one (insert evil laugh here). She never shot a gun before. I gave her the usual once over of how to handle it, what to expect, and how to use the sights. Ran a silhouette out to 7 yards and let her go. The look on her face after the first shot was priceless but I'll be darned if she didn't hit the shoulder. I asked her if she was done, and she just smiled, cocked it again, and put the next 5 shots into center mass. My shooting buddies and I now call her Dirty Harriett. I think secretly she actually doesn't mind me having a few. But if she gets too resistant, I might need to offer to buy her a "Dirty Harry" gun :mrgreen: She does like my Uberti Colt 45 though. I have the love and OCD part down, but While money is there to play a little, there not enough to get crazy. I've taken her to a few turkey shoots and she talks about going again, so theres an excuse to buy a shotgun. :idea:
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Welcome!
Yup you need one of everything! :lol:
If you see a rifle that YOU want, buy it! Go ahead and get your wife a model 29- just remember not to tick her off! :D
8 days a week, ya need 1 guitar for each day of the week, so ya need 8 rifles,8 shotguns & 8 pistols too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
LeverLuvr
Levergunner

Post by LeverLuvr »

GunnyMack, i like your logic. I had a Winchester 1400 ranger 12 Ga. that I liked. Ray, don't even get me started on the train thing. I have enough N scale stuff to fill a 1 car garage. My train room became a nursery about 18 years ago, now my daughter is starting college and she informed us she was gonna stay at home while she goes. May be at least another 4 years before I can dive into my train hobby. I only signed up for 18 years, what the hell ? At least I don't have to change the cat litter for another few years.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are