The Gun Room

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: The Gun Room

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....your in brother!! You know what your doing says "the boss". My grandfathers father owned a commercial orange growing business in Sicily and he sent my grandfather to the states in 1912 when he was 18 as the government there was grabbing up the young boys to be killed in the war.....his belongings which included his engraved 1912 Elgin gold watch was passed to me as I carried the full name.

We will "have a meeting" and it looks like your name will be changed to Luigi Harkisino.....THAT has to kept under wraps or it's my head. You will also have to dye your hair black, your children's names have to all be changed to TONY. ("To N.Y.") and all of your furnishings have to reupholstered in clear vinyl.

It's 1:30. Good Night.---6
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OW, Maine is an education in itself. ;-)

Mote to come. Wait til we get into the south, Lake Charles, Misty and Windy, those big Gulf Shrimp, the Coonass, Dallas, Johnny Rivers, women dancing with snakes ...lot of cool stuff. Then there is shooting pool in French Lick, Indiana.

Oh well it is late even here, another time. Fishing boats off the coast like Shawshank Redemtion. We're just starting.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six, you won again and I have my grandfather's engraved gold Elgin. I'll take pic.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But here is one, do you know the difference between the Travelers and the Chils in what people think are the gypsies?

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well sitting up looking up an old friend. Might as well show you guys this, you're all friends ... Wilkes College football hall of fame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

But now, worldly ... I think Griff has been to all 50 states and had a range of professions, very well read, hold his own with anybody, #93 in SASS and more. Think he would have my vote. I always listens when he speaks.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago I was given a bottle of Gentleman Jack ( Daniels) I wasn't impressed by GJ, so this bottle has been sitting on the shelf since the early 90's. I decided to crack the seal. Now it is still just a 7 year old whiskey but boy how 30 years has mellowed it! Not the harsh bite I remember GJ having.

Now they are saying covid doesn't spread easily by touching surfaces- true or are they just trying to bamboozle us more?

Ok morons with an ear of corn on a cordless drill pulling out their teeth? How stupid are people? Oh Nevermind they answered that question themselves!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I won 84.....big deal......must be the highlight of my life.......yes...Old Savage ...YOU are a world traveler and man about town....so I take it you are in the sixth row all the way to the right, just in front of the black guy?....

Griff is a world traveler too and Gunny, Tom and Jay sure has got around......

Let's see....I live about four miles from where I was born, same job for 44 years, married to the same woman for near 48 years, in the same house for 45 years, drove four vehicles from '74 to now.......except for one time in Quebec, one time in Fl., and a dozen times in Colorado, I've spent all my life in this little tiny section of Pa. no wonder people call me "sheltered" or a "recluse". I pretty much fit the description of a hillbilly do nothing hermit.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six then you are the one that stands out. Everybody else galavanting all over every where. But you know, where ever you go there you are. So what is the point?

I was in Tijuana for a couple hours one time and didn't see any good reason to stay. Maine to Hawaii Louisiana to Montana about covers the breadth of my travels for one reason or another and across the southwest.

Still the Model 24 is probably my favorite large caliber.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dad was the guy that got around! Dad had his pilots license at 16. He flew float planes, mail, air ambulance, multi engine up to and including the big jumbos. Something like 33 million air miles. All over north America, south America and a little of Europe. Not to mention the hundres of people he taught to fly. I think what he enjoyed most was putting around in the De Haviland Tiger Moth, a pre WW1 trainer biplane that did about 90 mph max!
He had an attempted hijacking once. In all of his travels he collected , no amassed a huge variety of jokes, a 4 drawer file cabinet of jokes!
Sorry I was thinking about him today...

Nope ya cant beat a 41!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Gunny! Say it ain't so! I don't detect the harsh in GJ.....but then again, my taste ain't too refined. :D
I never went anywhere till I was older. First time in anything but a bush plane was at age 31 when we went to Florida. Didn't get in another till last year when we left for the "big trip". That was the first time I really went anywhere. Still would like to see the southwest.
Most of my travels gas been tree banging in the woods. My whole family back to both sets of grandparents live in less than a square mile.

OS,
Yeah, I don't know about Maine bein an "education", but it's something. :shock:
My cousin and I grew up like brothers. He moved down to the Lake Charles area 30 years ago. Don't know how he lives down there but he has done well for himself.
I hear you regarding Griff! He is good people.

We got us a good gang here.

Hey Six. Have the missus pull up FB. I posted some Jeepin pics and videos.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

First time I ever had GJ I really didn't like it, this bottle has changed from what i remember- however my memory might not be what i think... who am i and how did i get here? :lol:
I remember one year driving up to ME for deer season and traffic on 95 stopped, rubber necking along and on the south bound side a great big motorhome was burning. Didnt see a deer that trip...
Oh sure post wheeling pics on FB where we cant see em ! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Yes...yea...she just told me......

But first, I have to get my passport out of the vault......the Dali lama called and wants me to get there pronto for a meeting at the mountaintop. ......then it's over to Romania for a meeting with the prince....after that it's quick lunch with the queen.....I'm wore out! We.., I did manage to walk to the end of the driveway to pick up the empty buckets as it's recycling day...whoa!!!

The wife just told me why I have no desire to go anywhere....she says I hate people universally and equal throughout the world so why bother......

Gunny .....yo daddy was the world traveler.....all those planes! Ww1 trainer....one of those with the double wings? Neato......---6 o da home bro.

GJ?...sheeeeeettt..if it has alcohol in it, I'd drink it....just looking for the end result.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Here ya go Jay Bird-
Screenshot_20200520-151448_Chrome.jpg
This is the one he used to fly. It was bought in England by a family friend and brought back here where it was fully restored. Finally Kurt donated it to the museum .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Master Gunny......Jay Bird thanks you..I'll talk to him later........OK, somewhat stupid question....I like to know these things.....the engine.....you think the engine is original as to the block or maybe the manifolds......understand that the pistons, bearings, etc. have been changed......are they inline or rotary engines?....one last thingy....what's an old bird like that worth?.

Fred.....your prospect into the big club has been put on hold.....mom asked me to go back and read the ingredients and see if parsley is in it......when I read off the ingredients again she said she must have been tired last night as "what the hell is he putting onions, green peppers, and Worcestershire sauce in there for, that's for meat loaf....sounds like a Hungarian recipe."

Just can't please them......like democrats, they "know better".....I'd eat em as those babies look good to me.---6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Dug the old Harley out of the old man's cellar today. Took a little ride too! Nice out today. Thing is still a ball to ride.
Nice plane Gunny!
My uncle spent 30 years flying scientists all over the world in a P3. They studied weather so he had to fly into horrific conditions all the time. Over the north pole and countless other places.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six, the Moth had a 4 banger in it if I remember right... inline. The block for sure is orignal but yes I'd lay even money it had been rebuilt a couple times.
You may remember back in the 70s where NYC had a gigantic King Kong attached to the Empire State Building? Kurt was one of the planes hired to fly around it for the photo ops. Not sure if Dad was there or not...

The P3 Orion is a heck of a good airplane! I'm sure he had quite a few white knuckle flights !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

He had some stories at fishing camp. Diving to blow out engine fires. Watching the compass spin over the north pole. Pretty cool.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not sure I'm classed as a "world traveler"... never been east of New Brunswick. Only traveled in the Orient, not lick a in South America... but it's on the bucket list... along with sailing around the world. Been shot, shot at, and shot back. But... both the USPS and UPS were kind to me today. Set of dies and shell holder for .44WCF, 1,000 pieces of brass and a new-to-me AWA Lightning!

All I need are some bullets! I could then single load on the RCBS Rockchucker, or... wait on the Dillon conversion kit... but they say it won'd be here til Sat! Action is smooth... and it might even slam fire! Looks almost like new. One little mar on the wrist, other'n that near perfect.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm sure!! Dad saw lots of stuff too, one thing the air force was very interested in ! In flight fires too.
After he was booted from the commercial gig( stupid FAA rules about 60 yrs old being too old to be safe) he was flying charters for a local airport and he was landing just after dark and a deer committed suicide by running in front of the plane. Prop chopped that deer to shreds, parts of it hanging off the exhaust stack( cooked) , wheel pants, wing struts. Surprisingly no serious damage!

Hey Griff that's purdy!! Cant wait for a range report!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Looks like Griff is the only one who can say he played with guns in a real way.....I like to hear some stories with the 1928 Thompson.

The Lightning looks like new....remember, when you load it the action has to be open and if it's like the originals it will fire just by holding the trigger back and working the pump.

Pops had a great life Gunny...not many can say they lived an exciting life like that. On the prop thing, I bet lots of guys in ww2 were chopped up, especially on the carriers with a battle going on. I bet that deer who got kissed by the prop had a serious case of dandruff as probably the only thing they found was his head and shoulders.

That Jay guy has more hobbies than Pelosi has lies...guns, drinking , Jeeps, fishing, eating fiddleheads, Harley's, hemi trucks, boats, snowmobiles, atv's......Geeze.....he's living large.--6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Weird. I don't know as all of em are hobbies. Well.....the fiddleheads maybe. :D
Seems like a lot of people have stuff like that up here. From nothing fancy (like me), to over the top, trade it all every year and never get out of debt types. Most of my stuff is old but well cared for and in good shape.
That kind of stuff is just a part of many people's lives here. Tools used for different seasons.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay....young man, let me separate you from your parents for just a moment to "take you under my wing". This is a secret that our wives or old fashioned parents are not to know of:
"The man who dies with the most toys is the winner!" :D
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 am Jay....young man, let me separate you from your parents for just a moment to "take you under my wing". This is a secret that our wives or old fashioned parents are not to know of:
"The man who dies with the most toys is the winner!" :D
Yup! I've been privy to that bit of wisdom since the 80s.
And yes, it is very true old buddy.
I just ain't gonna go broke achieving it. :D
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yup toys, more than I need !

Hey where did the picture of Griffs Lightning go?

Many moons ago I was lucky enough to shoot an original in 38/40. The guy that had it was an airline friend of dads, he offered to sell in to me. I was still in my early teens and didn't have the money to buy it. I'm sorry I couldn't scratch up the $500!

Ah well, got a buddy coming out to look at building a new charcoal grill for the Washington house. He is a fabrication whizz, he can weld anything with his eyes closed! We are still waiting for the kitchen cabinet to arrive... week of 5/18 - yeah right!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six, very astute of the Mrs. They are indeed mini meatloafs baked on a cookie sheet. It is Pat's mother's recipe tweaked. Not Hungarian but Bohemian likely. They are the best meatballs I have ever had. You put the sauce over them and in this case melted mozzarella also. Pat says they did not have parsley but could have.
I prefer this style rather than those cooked in the sauce, personal taste. But then I am ScotchIrishEnglishGermanDanishAusrianNorwegianSwedish with a slice of Beringian, you know ... the only pure race.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK Fred....they look good especially right now as I'm hungry as a horse.........

Sunshine and 70 degrees........believe I like the the spring better than the fall. Must be because I used to relate the fall with hunting season and now I relate the spring with warm weather....
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yep what a nice day ! Almost 70 here as well.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ran around today and looked at horse trailers... saw a bunch. What overpriced article keeps over 50-75% of it's new cost whether it's run down or not! Horse trailers with living quarters! At least from what the dealers of such things are asking! Looked at several from 7 to 15 years old... Nicest one I looked at, had most of the features I wanted... but still didn't have a dinette! What, you're supposed to drag this thing out into the boonies, set up camp, and what... eat holding your plate in your lap? One didn't even have a stove! Okay, I can see not needing an oven... after all, you're roughin' it, after a fashion. Besides, I can't cook anything that has to be done in the oven! I told the one guy my TENT has more amenities than this thing! And climbing up the bed in the nose... okay, I WAS an 18 year old rodeo cowboy... over 50 years ago!!! Now I'd have to pole vault to get up there... stair steps? Sure, even carpeted... but, 3 FEET between the top step and the floor that the mattress lays on? Really? And I get that they need to conserve space, but one shower I looked at, I'd have to open the door to turn around!

Dealers.... negotiating skills = Zip, Nada, Zilch! "...that's my price, take or leave it! I've already sold 3 this week." Communication skills = Ditto, "...I'll call you and tell you if the boss is willing to entertain your offer, or not..." Apparently "the boss" is really hard to get ahold of! Or, how about emailing the details on what is all inclusive and the financing package you're offering. "... ok sure, later today..." Again, Zip, Nada, Zilch!

But the day was NOT a total waste! I stopped by the local bullet pusher and picked up a box of .428 .44-40 lead bullets. Loaded up 5 as dummies... and No really, they looked just like my B-I-L! And fed them thru the new "trombone gun"! Video is still uploading, to be added later 1-½ hour to go. Now, it's out to the barn to load some real live rounds on the single stage because the Dillon stuff is still on the stagecoach heading east!

Ok, back from the barn... loaded up about 65 rounds... The sample bullets came in, so loaded 5 ea in 165 gr RFN, 180 Gr TC, and 200 gr RFN, that looks identical to the ones I bought today, except they use a red lube, (supposedly good for smokeless & BP)... we shall see!

Video finished uploading so here i'tis!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfBk3BBPyw&t=2s
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff.....there are two kinds of horse owners....ones with money and ones who used to have money but the horses ate it all up..I fit in the latter....so that means ....to the dealer that if you ask for a trailer they know you have money so they don't bargain because if you fit in the group I fit in...well....you would not be there asking.

How's it feed? The video don't work...--6....never mind..it works
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ok Griff...it works.......guns can detect stress.......you probably did it 100 times and perfect but when you make a video, there's a barb....did you try the "hold trigger back and pump?" One time at a cowboy match upstate, the targets were so close I fired from the hip holding the trigger back, pumped and shot.....think I missed one......got em all off in about 5 seconds....---6

Mine are all excellent shooters..32-20...44-40 and 38-40

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yea, the last 3 rounds were with the trigger held back. Gonna go to the range tomorrow and try it out @ 50 yards.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Griff , why not get yourself a straight horse trailer ( cheaper I'm sure) and put in exactly what you want in the way of living quarters? Just glue & screw plywood to the walls, set the table where ya want, folding bunk and buy a solar shower?

Ok gotta look at the video...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

YOWSER! Some packs of some of the finest cast bullets I have seen in heavier weights from The Leader of the Pack of the 32-20 support group, our man Sixgun. Many thanks ;-)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Six sure does make nice bullets! The 270 gr .377s he sent me are just gorgeous and they shoot very well too!

So my yard has been under attack by annoying weeds, ive been fighting them off with weed killer for years. First it was stilt grass, now under control. Now it's garlic mustard. Some other stuff I did not know what it was. I found an app, PlantNet that is easy and accurate. Just take a pick of leaf, flower or bark and it tells you what it is. Best of all it's FREE.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Your welcome Fred.......on a serious note, those bullets look almost perfect because they are made from straight Linotype.....the mould is for the 115 Lyman 3118 and the bullets usually come out at 117 grains with normal alloy...I believe those are 110 without the lube.....

Normally, my bullets have many minute imperfections which over 40 years of testing has proved my thinking right.....it's the BASE and DIAMETER AND FIT that's important.....driving bands, nose, etc can have minor imperfections so that boils down to "IF you have a gun that's PERFECT in every way and IF there is no wind and IF you are having a good day...you will get a 3/4" inch group instead of a 1" group. It's not worth the hassle of going slow in cast and using lots more tin. I cast those 32-20's for precision testing in a variety of 32-20's and I wanted you to HAVE THE BEST! :D

OK, brown nosing for the day is over with.....back to being "me". Yes, now you know why I have been a major underachiever my entire life....I'm lazy in the mind.....LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL BABY!

Rain Gunny......solid rain.......that means I'm gonna get in trouble today....."something to do about the devils workshop"....and having 5 g's in my pocket......Headed to Home Depot!!!----6
Model A Uzi’s
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....your office looks fine....you ought to see my basement....---6
Model A Uzi’s
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well send me half, that'll do fine for my down payment on the new truck. Supposed to be at the dealer today..
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage.....you will notice that the Lyman 3118 does NOT have a crimp groove. This bullet was designed in the balck powder days when you would fill the case with black and just seat the bullet on top. The powder would keep the bullet from sliding down in the case while in a tube magazine. For revolvers there is little mass in 115 grain bullet so they won't "walk out" after each successive round is fired. Only neck tension is required so........so.......with smokeless a crimp is needed for rifles when you load up the mag tube with more than a few rounds. Revolvers can get away with decent neck tension. Use a smaller neck expander if needed or you can do what I do....one of my most indispensable tools...a Lee factory crimp die. If the revolvers cylinder is long, such as Fred's Ruger, you may be able to get away with crimping in the forward lube groove.---6
Model A Uzi’s
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Six has supplied me with bullets for a few of the guns I bought from him, and all have been very nice.! He does a fine job with molds and a casting pot.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Gunny....that's my life's savings.....plus I had a typo....The "g" should have been "c" for cents.

Hey Tom......what pulled you out of the woodwork?

Hey Fred.......look at the sampling of 32-20 bullets from the ancient mould......THEY were the FIRST to be offered to the public for casting the 32-20.......has a huge lube groove for BP........using that mould is a test for patience......all steel...lots of bugs.....in those days people had more time .........

MAN! Do I have a story to tell you guys about a NEW Stihl chainsaw I recently received....later tonight when I have more time....--6
Model A Uzi’s
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Woo!
Just sat down in the garage and pulled tab on a frosty one. Sure warmed up yesterday. Today is down right hot!
Hard to believe it was snowing two weeks ago. The mountains are still covered now.
Took the Harley for a 100 mile ride yesterday. Got sunburned.....man! I hate that.
Took the boat up to the lake this morning to fine tyne the Evinrude. Got her puuuurrrrring.
Back out for a quick 30 mile ride when I got home.
Now I gotta give the ole Jeep one more going over, fuel her up, and get ready for wheelin' tomorrow.
May get out for some powder burnin' this weekend with the oldest.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Dealer called! Come here at 4!! I was there at 345, by 530 I was on my way home with new truck smell !! Boy this little diesel is nice! Sure hope it's as good as I've heard! I'll post pics tomorrow after stocking trout.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:46 amGriff , why not get yourself a straight horse trailer ( cheaper I'm sure) and put in exactly what you want in the way of living quarters? Just glue & screw plywood to the walls, set the table where ya want, folding bunk and buy a solar shower?
Ok gotta look at the video...
Ahh...maybe, if I had your skills... but, if I built it, it would be very obvious that it was some redneck rube did it!

Well, the range day went very well. Bought 500 Meister 200 gr RFN bullets, then another 500 from my regular bullet pusher, (different brand from the same mold)... and loaded up 5 each of 165gr RFN, 180gr TC and another brand of 200gr RFN... all with 5.4 grains of RedDot. Then, just cause he had a box, I bought a 50 rnd box of Winchester "Cowboy" loads in the 200 gr FRN flavor!

Last nite loaded up about 50 rounds of the Meister bullet, and the 5 each samples. After the trip to the local bullet pusher for his bullets, a pound of Unique... can't believe I didn't have any! Proceeded to gun club... 50 yard range! There were several other fellers there, but none on the bay I used! Social distancing at it's finest!

One target. 5 test groups. 2 with the Meister, and 5 each of the other 4 bullets.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Well those loads do show promise, top left in particular!
Tell ya what, you buy the trailer & bring it here and we'll fix it up just as you want !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:34 pmWell those loads do show promise, top left in particular!
Tell ya what, you buy the trailer & bring it here and we'll fix it up just as you want !
That was the Winchester brand ammo! Not exactly what I was expecting. But, I think I was just getting used to the sight picture. My aiming point was six inches below the corresponding group. At least there were GROUPS!

I would take you up on that offer... but... that would mean driving east of PA! But... I should be anyway, come September, I'm attending our ship's reunion in Somer's Pt., NJ.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I don't get it......Griff...you need money for targets? :D What do those groups mean in inches? I realize the gun probably has an open sight which is not great for our semi old eyes and probably a knife edge for a front sight.....

The bullets do appear to being hitting straight on....flyers are probably you and untarget like sights......groups should be 2" or under ....if ya like the gun and it looks like it shows promise slap on a tang sight....is it d & t 'ed on the upper tang?

I had a little fun today........

Model A Uzi’s
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:40 pm I don't get it......Griff...you need money for targets? :D What do those groups mean in inches? I realize the gun probably has an open sight which is not great for our semi old eyes and probably a knife edge for a front sight.....

The bullets do appear to being hitting straight on....flyers are probably you and untarget like sights......groups should be 2" or under ....if ya like the gun and it looks like it shows promise slap on a tang sight....is it d & t 'ed on the upper tang?

I had a little fun today........

No... I got plenty of targets... but why walk down the 50 yards to simply change a target when you have all that unused area? No, it actually has a post... but, it sure looked like a pointy arrow with my 3 year old glasses!

Yea, it shows promise. A tang sight might be in its future. Especially if I use it for silhouette! Yep, it's drilled and tapped.

I'm impressed it has a AC/DC switch!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Chicken on the grill.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

DA92A0A5-712A-4F53-8B8F-94C15B419784.jpeg
Jack, I read gun room most every day, most days a couple times...don’t always have anything to add. I do keep up with you boys.
That’s most of one of those trout I smoked last weekend . Basted in maple syrup
Mmmm
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.