Been watching this series about Hudson Bay Co.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Been watching this series about Hudson Bay Co.

Post by AJMD429 »

https://www.netflix.com/title/80099656
'Historical Fiction' or whatever. I don't know enough about the history of the era to know how real the plots are, but it is certainly an engaging drama. Lots of TOUGH characters, especially the women who braved that environment.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Been watching this series about Hudson Bay Co.

Post by Grizz »

nice. one of my favorite periods of history, or one that I relate to well, or something. good stuff IOW :)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have a book on the History of the Hudson Bay Company, fascinating story.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

History of Hudson's Bay Co. as it pertains to their holdings here in Vancouver, Wa. is well known by most people around the Oregon and Washington area. They were indeed responsible for settling this area, and although they planned the Oregon Territory to be British ruled, Dr. John McLoughlin went against orders from his own bosses, and helped American settlers who arrived at Fort Vancouver back then. In the end his charitable assistance to settlers cost him his job with Hudson's Bay Co., and then local people took away his land, even though he had applied for and was granted US citizenship. The Catholic missionaries who wanted his land along the Willamette River simply told him he wasn't a citizen when he claimed that land. Ironic since they were also helped by him when they arrived in Oregon Territory.
In the end he lived out his final days in his home in Oregon City, Or. and was asked once by a reporter if he considered himself British, or American? He told the reporter he considered himself an Oregonian. He was/is considered the "Father of Oregon" later after his death.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/