Dinosaur Hunter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Dinosaur Hunter

Post by jkbrea »

20200520_143246.jpg
I knew my Marlin 45-70 packed a punch, but look at what its rated for! From Marlin website
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Dinosaur Hunter

Post by jeepnik »

Only in the movies. And we all know how reliable Hollywood is.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Just the job if your time machine takes you too far back.. :wink: I only ever fired one once, the guys at the range warned that the guy who's Marlin it was loaded his shells way beyond safe pressure, I must say it certainly felt like it would ruin a T Rex's day..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Not sure what Teddy was using here, but it worked!
14322466_118.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I owned two Marlins in 45/70. Back when I was around twenty I stoked up the loads to shoot through my first one and was that ever a mistake. The rifle was so light and I was about 120 pounds soaking wet so I had no natural padding back then. I quickly picked up the bad habit of flinching when I pulled the trigger. I still catch myself to this day flinching every now and then even if I'm just shooting a rimfire. As long as I concentrate on just shooting I don't flinch but if I'm not paying close attention the flinch pops up. I wish I would of had one that was ported and that may have tamed it a bit. Now at 54 I'm good with lighter loads because I'm not chasing buffalo or T-rex's.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

claybob86 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 pm Not sure what Teddy was using here, but it worked!

14322466_118.jpg
It's NOT a levergun...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I claim I've build the first Dinosaur range east of the Mississippi, you out west people I don't know about you but east of the Mississippi in Yankee land people are still are pretty tight ...
I cut into the tail, build a bone structure out of conduit, lined with 4 inch flexible plastic drainage tube closed the ends with rubber gloves and put it together up his ...
I only cut the tail (butt) because I could wrap a small tight bungee cord around it and still blow him up. I then started with small holes at in the head feed and rear end to lock in the "bones". The rest then was 3 CASES of great stuff, should have embedded some tannerite because you can shoot this sucker all day and he's not going anywhere.
Great Stuff is that, I lifted a 2 1/2 car garage with multiple 10 ton jacks( and digging holes), drilled holes though the concrete and shot 5 cans under one corner and it hasn't dropped in 3 years, I don't think it will.
20190801_085450 (2).jpg
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

GunnyMack wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 am
claybob86 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:36 pm Not sure what Teddy was using here, but it worked!

14322466_118.jpg
It's NOT a levergun...
Yes, any idiot can see that. It was about the dinosaur.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

claybob86 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 am Yes, any idiot can see that. It was about the dinosaur.
I think I might have been insulted :shock:
and yes...
unnamed (11) (1).jpg