POLITICS - Stimulus Package is a Gift!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - Stimulus Package is a Gift!

Post by Ray Newman »

Between my retirement income & my wife still working, I doubt if we'll see much of the stimulus package. But that's OK as we are fortunate enough to have no bills & have enough-plus to get by on & save.

But, I just knew this was going to happen.

In the local Tacoma today (5/1/08) there was a letter to the editor about the stimulus package. The writer complained that because she has no income to declare -- only SSI -- it is not fair that SSI recipients can not participate. In her words, "But it is depressing for us to hear about the gifts being handed out by the government out to everyone but us." (emphasis added: RCN)

Government gifts?? What!??

Silly me. I thought it was a rebate from the tax money that workers/tax payers paid the government?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This kind of sheer idiocy just makes me want to puke! If a free-loader doesn't pay any taxes, they shouldn't get anything back! She's already living on a gift every day.

Okay - I'm jumping to conclusions. Perhaps she worked a full life paying into the Social Security pyramid scheme and is just withdrawing money she earned previously. Still, if she isn't paying taxes, what is she complaining about?!? A "gift"?!?

Obviously a Democrat...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Apparently some people think that the Government makes wealth. I wish it were a gift instead of simply being given back something which was taken from me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Same on 'tax cuts' - if my kid's $50 bike is stolen, as is my neighbor's $50,000 truck, and the cops find the thief, who has sold the items, and has $500.50 cash on them. Should the money be divided proportionally, so my neighbor gets $500, and my kid $0.50, or "fairly" so they each get $250.25? The Clintons and Obamas of the world will say the latter, because they know it gets them votes from the 'masses.'
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

can somebody post that analogy about the ten men going out to dinner?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

so the us government borrows more money from china. to give to its citizens to buy chinese goods at walmart, which gives china more political influence in our government. or we can pay bills, coet of living has gone thru the roof, thanks to the oil monoply, who will no dought, become the final reciepant of this DOUBLE corporate welfare sceme, the good news , is that our grand children will be paying of the debt long after we are dust. thanks geoge bush, can,t wait for your next brilliant scheme, i mean plan.