Two shots, two birds

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Two shots, two birds

Post by GunnyMack »

Today our pheasant season opened. I belong to a club and we stock our own birds. Kinda sad turn out, 4 guys showed up! But like most clubs, 10% do 90% of what needs doing.
Anyhow, on a whim I bought 2 lbs of #6 HEVISHOT. Originally I intended to try my 28 ga for jumping puddle ducks but it's been so dry here there aren't ducks where I wanted to hunt. So next best thing I tried my loads for pheasants. Yup it works very well!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Two shots, two birds

Post by Old No7 »

GunnyMack wrote:Kinda sad turn out, 4 guys showed up! But like most clubs, 10% do 90% of what needs doing.
Hopefully, those 4 were members of the "10% Club" and got rewarded for all their efforts!!

It would really stink if the other 3 of the 4 were all in the "90% Club"..............

Just sayin'... :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Three of us were 10%-ers. Our 4th was one of the 'old' members.

We'll see what happens today, we have 30 more birds to put out. Think I might go back Monday after work!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sounds like a good day in the field.

Not saying that it applies to your club, but many times the 10% run club activities that hold no interest for the other 90% of the club members.

Just sayin'.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Again this morning 2 for 2.
Decided to go back this afternoon to hunt my pup Claro( pup, almost 4 but new to hunting) alone. She did a super job! Put 4 birds up. I flubbed the only shot I could take! But the good news is SHE HUNTS!!
After all that's what it's all about is watching the dogs.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!