50 caliber Air Rifle - plus it shoots ARROWS...!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

50 caliber Air Rifle - plus it shoots ARROWS...!

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: 50 caliber Air Rifle - plus it shoots ARROWS...!

Post by Blaine »

8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The guy must be living in a hole in the ground his whole life if he thinks a big bore air rifle is something new? In fact Lewis and Clark had big bore air rifles on their 1803 expedition to explore a route to the Pacific! I've fired one of the original big bore air guns like the ones Lewis and Clark took along, and they will easily take deer. Besides being a big bore, they were also a repeater! They held about 20 round balls in a tubular magazine, and once the buttstock-air chamber was pumped up, they could fire all 20 with very little loss of velocity.

This is the same gun I was fortunate to fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI
Last edited by marlinman93 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

marlinman93 wrote:The guy must be living in a hole in the ground his whole life if he thinks a big bore air rifle is something new? In fact Lewis and Clark had big bore air rifles on their 1903 expedition to explore a route to the Pacific! I've fired one of the original big bore air guns like the ones Lewis and Clark took along, and they will easily take deer. Besides being a big bore, they were also a repeater! They held about 20 round balls in a tubular magazine, and once the buttstock-air chamber was pumped up, they could fire all 20 with very little loss of velocity.

1903? They must have been kinda old! :P (I know, it was 1803)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote:The guy must be living in a hole in the ground his whole life if he thinks a big bore air rifle is something new? In fact Lewis and Clark had big bore air rifles on their 1903 expedition to explore a route to the Pacific! I've fired one of the original big bore air guns like the ones Lewis and Clark took along, and they will easily take deer. Besides being a big bore, they were also a repeater! They held about 20 round balls in a tubular magazine, and once the buttstock-air chamber was pumped up, they could fire all 20 with very little loss of velocity.

:oops: I must be living in a hole in the ground...I never heard about that particular expedition. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

marlinman93 wrote:The guy must be living in a hole in the ground his whole life if he thinks a big bore air rifle is something new?
I think somewhere in the video he mentioned the long lineage of the air-rifle, but he did comment that these 'big-bore' ones are relatively new on the scene, which certainly is true in terms of the normal 'consumer market' for air-rifles.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

[quote="1894cfan"

1903? They must have been kinda old! :P (I know, it was 1803)[/quote]

Typo. Big fingers!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

He lost me in the first few minutes.....beating a $600 air rifle around in the bed of a pick-up truck.... :shock:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

marlinman93 wrote:The guy must be living in a hole in the ground his whole life if he thinks a big bore air rifle is something new? In fact Lewis and Clark had big bore air rifles on their 1803 expedition to explore a route to the Pacific! I've fired one of the original big bore air guns like the ones Lewis and Clark took along, and they will easily take deer. Besides being a big bore, they were also a repeater! They held about 20 round balls in a tubular magazine, and once the buttstock-air chamber was pumped up, they could fire all 20 with very little loss of velocity.

I think I saw that rifle at the NRA museum several years back. Very cool! 8)