Vienna Sausages

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vienna Sausages

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Mike, heartburn and Cave Junction go together like ham and eggs.

:lol:

I used to make four cuts in a slice of baloney so it wouldn't cup on my when frying. Came out looking like a Maltese cross sammich.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Can't vouch for Vye-eenies, but Spam is mostly pork shoulder and ham.

http://www.eater.com/2014/7/9/6191681/a ... -meat-icon

Spam am ham what's flunked its physical.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

I am 74 and I still miss creamed chipped beef on toast. S.O.A.S.

%0 years ago when I was still in college I lived in a Mexican neighborhood and a local grocery sold slabs of tasajo about the size of a slab of bacon. I would slice it potato chip thin on my food slicer and add it to all kinds of dishes. A bowl full of beef chips would almost last through a TV sports event on a rainy day. Wish I could find those tasajo slabs today. IIRC what I bought then came from Guatemala.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

I prefer the Bar S, or any other brand, cooked salami to the bologna. I prefer the smoked sausages in the 40 ounce pack to any weiner/frandfurter, at least the brands I can afford. When I lived in Kalifornia I could get wine cured dry salami (Capri?) but here in the Ozarks I never see any dry salami wine cured or otherwise.

When I was a kid my granddad would take me fishing. My lunch was PBJ sandwiches. I asked granddad why he always took bologna sandwiches. He said because after it sitting all day in the heat in a paper bag he still couldn't tell if it had spoiled or not so was still edible.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

On to liverwurst.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Liverwurst? NEIN! Braunschweiger weit besser ist!
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!