POLITICS - Gun-hater Finds Out That She Likes Them!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

POLITICS - Gun-hater Finds Out That She Likes Them!

Post by Hagler »

People,

I found this woman's site while I was poking around the 'net, looking for stories on the Mayors against guns crowd:

http://www.yourish.com/2007/11/27/4027

I do not know anything about this lady, but she took to guns like a fish takes to water! Can I get an AMEN!? :D

Shawn
Last edited by Hagler on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...one more bit from her:

http://www.yourish.com/2007/11/27/4027

"Posted on December 10th, 2007 at 8:16 am by Meryl Yourish.

Filed under: Guns

For some reason, there’s little I want to write about today.

I have nothing to say about the Colorado church shootings, except to express my horror and shock. The fact that the church had an armed guard probably saved many lives.

I am so far from the anti-gun person I was in my twenties, that I barely recognize that person any more.

Off to my staff meeting in northern VA. I’m sure you’ll have plenty to talk about while I’m gone.
"

"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Amen! :D
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Amen! :D
+1 :D !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That was neat. I heard Mrs. Clinton say the other day that when she was a child her dad took her shooting....
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

+2.

Good for her. Now, we need to get her into shooting levers! :wink:

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
MissKitty
Levergunner
Location: The mountains of Arkansas...but once a southeast Texas girl...

Post by MissKitty »

8) Good morning....
I have found that most "women" that dislike firearms and shooting have never been really been shown how to shoot them or they have just been exposed the the "can get costly" love....
If for the first reason...take her out shooting with something that won' knock her down and show her the proper way to fire a gun....Make sure she is comfortable with it then back off and let her go....A 10 shoot mag is nice or maybe a 30 8)....Encourage her and see if she doesn't enjoy the shared like of guns....But don't make her feel stupid and silly...show her what and how to shoot and let her go....
The "second" reason kinda goes hand in hand with the first...get her hooked and keep the cost at minimal...Don't just constantly "drool" over the gun sites..lol... :wink: ...Send her the link....Like someone that I know and love , sent me this one...
There is more of us women out there that would like guns and a shooting if just given the chance...Yeap- and then there are some of us that take to it like "fish to water"...
But you are going to run into those that still do not like it...But, Oh well maybe she can cook good.... :roll:
On that note I got to go cook my man breakfast.... 8) -MissKitty
PS.....Hopefully, we are going after Dwights leverguns next week...can't wait to get my little greedy hands on them :twisted:
I would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission...
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I've been reading Yourish for a couple months now. We've exchanged a few e-mails. I've already invited her up here to shoot at my IWLA range any time. She travels from Richmond to NO Va regularly. Hope she takes me up on it some day.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Hobie wrote:That was neat. I heard Mrs. Clinton say the other day that when she was a child her dad took her shooting....
I've taken dogs Hunting, and I've taken dogs Shooting.

When I take a dog "shooting" I come back alone. :cry:

Obviously her dad was a bad shot... :twisted: :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

The lady who wrote "Armed & Female", Paxton Quigley, was once a gun-hater.

Looks like the best tactic is to challenge any gun-hating female you know to a day on the range. :)

I don't think an indoor range is a good idea for that, though. Outdoors is much more pleasant...
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Hobie wrote:I heard Mrs. Clinton say the other day that when she was a child her dad took her shooting....
And I've heard Mrs. Clinton say darn near ANYTHING that she thought that could help get her elected President. The "good news" is that too many people see thorough the continuous veil of lies - and that she’ll NEVER be able to dupe enough of the populace to achieve her dastardly goal.

(and NO Hobie - I'm NOT trying to "pick on" your post or anything..) :wink:
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!