Browning B92 fs on GB

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Browning B92 fs on GB

Post by Thunder50 »

thought I would let you know that there is a Browning B92 44mag for sale on gunbroker for a buy in now price for $499.99.

No dog in this hunt, but that seemed like a decent price for a B92

Oh, it has a peep sight
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Browning B92 fs on GB

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, "decent" isn't the word - IMHO $500 is chump change for a B92 today.

That's what I paid for a pristine example, back in 2002, when they were usually selling somewhere North of $700 in primo condition.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pete44ru wrote:FWIW, "decent" isn't the word - IMHO $500 is chump change for a B92 today.
That's what I paid for a pristine example, back in 2002, when they were usually selling somewhere North of $700 in primo condition.
Yep, what Pete said! :mrgreen:

I see why it's priced as it is... But, certainly nothing that makes it worth less than what he's asking... For ease in finding it:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =532626396
Last edited by Griff on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I have a Browning 92 in .44 mag that I bought in the 1970`s or 1980`s. Also own a .357 Rossi Puma. The .357 is a sweeter gun to shoot. I recall the shop also had a Browning 92 in .357 the day I chose the .44 mag. Wish I had bought the .357 too. I did have to replace the loading gate. They aren't a two piece part like the old winchester 92`s. It`s a one piece part, spring and gate and it snapped in two. The shop owner wouldn't sell me the part unless his gunsmith installed it. I had a friend that owned another shop and had him order one.

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

For the money, it's looks to be a fair deal. I would buy it, if I didn't already own a nice one. I tempted to anyway. Somebody ought to buy it. I would take my chances on it, before I would a Rossi for the money.
NRA Life Member, Patron