North Arkansas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

North Arkansas

Post by Lassiter »

You guys up there got your firewood in and all the chores done? Looks like it's gonna get nasty..........jes sayin'
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: North Arkansas

Post by Sixgun »

Yo dude, it's March......how much more can there be?

We are expecting another 8" tonight....I've had it.--------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:cry: :cry: I'm expecting a little frost on the windshield tomorrow morning....Should warm up to 55, though :D :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:Yo dude, it's March......how much more can there be?
Well Duhhh...!!! - - - - it's called "Global Warmi..." er, I mean "Climate Change"... :lol: :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks Larry, I just was thinking about you, Lastmohecken and goatguy . We stared with heavy sleet early this afternoon and just after dark the snow started we have about three or four inches on the ground now. That should shut things down for a while.
There is a levergunner down around Little Rock, Blackhawk I think he goes by. Hope the power lines hold up.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I remember, as a small child in SE Montana, hearing the new talk about the groundhog. They said, if he doesn't see his shadow we will have an early Spring. If he does see his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter. I was soooo confused :? Sounded to me like we were better id if he DID see his shadow.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

It's all this global warming.............it's got everything jacked up. Six........if it snowed here like it has around where you are the whole country would shut down. Most folks here can barely drive on a heavy frost. When I was a patrol deputy I always enjoyed driving around after a snow and looking at all of the big jacked up 4 wheel drive trucks off in the ditches. :lol:

JerryB, glad you are all right!
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Hey Lassiter, GoatGuy here. Since you specifically addressed us upstate Arkies, thought I would reply. Was confused for awhile until I saw JerryB's reply,...thought with all the responses from around the US, I must have misread the Post Topic. I hadn't seen any other replies from us upstate members, just those from Texas, Washington, Penn, etc. Oh well, suppose nothing unusual about that as it seems many members don't have much else going on during this year's cruddy weather.

Like JerryB we had sleet after a period of rainfall, and then snow. Have that same 3-4" on the ground. Bright sunshine with 30 degree temp and 39% humidity. According to weather.com, feels like 22 degrees here. Wouldn't know as I haven't had a door opened today except to let the dogs out/in 3-4 times. They can't decide to stay in or out. The sunshine has Katie confused, what with the bright sunshine yet not real warm. Poor thing wants to be outside, but would also prefer it to be at least 50 degrees once she gets out.:?

Haven't been on leverguns much in the last little while, as I've been working on my "memoirs" this winter. Thought winter would be a good time to spend on the computer cranking out the story. My daughter asked me a couple of years ago to do that for her and my son. I've played a a minor role in my children's lives, I'm ashamed to admit, yet we've always remained close and care for each other as if I had always been around. We've never been estranged. Been quite a chore trying to cover almost 3/4 century, especially since as an adult I've lived in 5 states and 15 cities, ... and have lived in one of those cities 3 different times. Lots of memories, moves, careers and darned little to show for it except for the adventures. Anyhow, if I ever get this "life story finished, perhaps I'll have more time to give to leveguns.com more than as a lurker. Stay warm, ya'll.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

GoatGuy, it's good to know you are still around. If you ever get over this way be sure to call me.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
Not too much snow on the ground here (Central MN) BUT, it was -25 last night.... Brrr..

Paul
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

JerryB wrote:GoatGuy, it's good to know you are still around. If you ever get over this way be sure to call me.
Jerry, thanks, I'll certainly do that. I expect I would very much enjoy visiting face to face, and know I'd return home the better for the experience. The invitation for a visit is also out there for you if you ever get over my way. I have a good friend in Yellville, 'bout as close to your neck of the woods as I occasionally travel. Most of my out of town visits are to Texas to see my kids and grand kids. Doesn't mean I couldn't make a day trip over your way sometime this spring or summer.

By the way, how far is it from your place to Clarksville? There will be a private, fun "shooters holiday" weekend near there towards the end of March. Let me know if you're interested and I'll fill you in on the event. If you can make it bring plenty of ammo! :D I'll be there unless the weather is rainy and miserable.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

51 degrees here at lunchtime; suns out; snow almost gone .....ah! Alaska :P
cable
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

GoatGuy and JerryB, glad you guys didn't freeze up. GoatGuy, I'm bettin' that your memoirs would make a pretty interesting read!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Goatguy, Best I can remember Clarksville is about a three hour drive. We drove it for several years when our grandson was home. He is a fiddler and picker of anything stringed. The Johnson County Peach Festival fiddle contest was a real good day of music, lots of fiddlers from Texas, Oklahoma and most of the states around here.
Sounds like a good day of shooting but I don't reckon I can do it this year, thanks.

slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Glad y'all are all ok. You didn't have to let it cross the Big Muddy, though! :lol: Hopefully, this'll be the the last one for a while down here!