Thanksgiving Day's GOTTA Be Gettin' Close !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Thanksgiving Day's GOTTA Be Gettin' Close !

Post by Pete44ru »

11:15 AM (today): A few days after I spotted an albino Squill :o here,

for the first time in the 40-odd years I've been living in this house, two hen Turkeys :shock: were feeding about 30' from my house, in my suburban backyard this morning, watched by a nice Gray Squill.

Mayhaps I'll be starting a zoo............... :roll:

plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: Thanksgiving Day's GOTTA Be Gettin' Close !

Post by plowboy 45 »

Mayhaps I'll be starting a zoo............... :roll:

Or perhaps supper
:D :D :D

.[/quote]
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Kewl
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The turkeys ended up hanging around my house (front, back & side yards) from this morning, until it started to get dark out.

I had to shoo them aside, so I could get into my truck to run an errand - they let me get as close as 6', before they grudgingly moved. :D

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

When I read the title ..........

I thought perhaps the feathers were sticking up on the back of your neck in anticipation of the axe coming down :lol:

Sorry I could not contain myself :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They are very relaxing to sit and watch. I hope someone doesn't poach them on ya.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I think they'll be in luck - my neighbor & hunting pardner are the only ones within a mile radius that shoot/hunt, and it's against municipal law here to discharge a firearm (my municipality is a "compact" area).

No sign of them today, though - maybe it'll be another 40 years before some return........ :roll:

Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

I have more wildlife looking out my doors and windows than if I went deep in the backwoods. Overrun with squirrels, raccoons, possums, pigeons and crows with a few rabbits, ducks, coyotes and even bears, deer and mountain lions thrown in a metropolitan area of almost a million and one half. I would love to have some tasty fresh meat for no more effort than walking out my front or back door. Once in awhile I mentally hunt them when I see them. Regularly see 25-35lb raccoons, big fat pigeons and squirrels. One guy a couple of years ago got in trouble because was working on somebodies house and saw a deer. He had a valid tag for one and the area was not excluded. He went to his truck, got his rifle and shot, killed and tagged the deer in his customers backyard.