Thank you Sixgun!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Thank you Sixgun!

Post by Tycer »

Your advice, wit and expertise have been a great benefit to my life. Seriously.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Thank you Sixgun!

Post by Sixgun »

Thank you Mr. Tycer....and Casa from York, Pa. :D

I freely give away knowledge gained from 40+ years of shooting, collecting, reloading, casting, and generally playing with the old guns. Don't know a whole lot about black guns or semi auto pistols (except the ONLY one, the 1911).

I'm not always right, but if wrong, it's not off by much.

Yea, I can be a whack job, but that goes with being half Italian and half German.......yea, what a mix! :D My dad just HAD to pick a German bride in WW2.-----funny thing about that....he was an MP and was busted to a low level private when my grandfather complained to my dad's superiors.

I have sold lots of stuff here and rarely do I wait for the check....the goods go out the same day... The check always comes....good group of honorable boys here.

Madman 4570 and Terry Murbach are really good guys. Like myself, we sometimes come off at being arrogant or know-it-alls, but we don't mean nothing by it. They are only words....relax, kick back and enjoy life......it really is short.--------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Not to mention killer deals on vintage Leverguns can be had from Six. :wink:
NRA Life Member
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well let me join in the thanks to my good buddy Sixgun.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

6 Gun & my wife had a thing going for awhile I had no idea, so one day I came home to a big surprise
I found out just how sneaky them two were, all that running around behind my back came to
light in a very special 94 Winchester in 25-35

Thanks 6 Gun!!!
& Boots :shock:

ollogger
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

So apparently he cares about what his wife, his children and ...... Boots thinks :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ha!
Olloger, that was a good one and never to worry about me stealin' Boots. She is 100% devoted to you and a fun gal to talk with. You done well.

Besides, my Italian wife always told me from day one.....42 years ago...if I messed around, that she would have me livin' in a tent.....with NO guns. Well, the tent part don't bother me much. :D

Remember, once they throw the dirt in your face, there ain't no more shootin', so give it hell!-----6

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Six just keep being yourself. Life is full of characters, if people can't figure that out then no one can help them. In fact everybody be themselves , that is what makes this place interesting. But good manners do apply .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Ben and you good guys here.

You all remember in high school, where someone was voted "most successful" or "most popular"? Well, I was voted the "most intolerable". :D But for some strange reason it did not bother the girls or my huntin' buddies.......maybe the 68 RS/SS Camaro had something to do with that.......and yes.....no lie......my wife...then a girlfriend...bought me that car.------6

1894c

Post by 1894c »

SIX (6)...you're my favorite levergun forum "WHACK JOB"...keep on being you..because HEY, you can only be you, and for that I'm grateful...almost forgot...THANK YOU...Code-4 ... :)
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I count myself lucky that I got to meet ole Six face to face. He is just what he is here and that's a good thing.
He is a straight up guy and a blast to talk to and be with. I don't bother with people I don't feel I can trust or aren't what they seem.
I'd count him a friend and will visit again when I get down there.

You're a good guy Six. If you ever get up here, let me know.
Last edited by OldWin on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Six, I'm hoping to use your knowledge, if all goes well, on a Colt SAA first generation, so thanks in advance.

My local friendly dealer had a call saying someone had found a Colt Peacemaker after a family member had died, as you all know we Brits can't be trusted with anything so dangerous, so they have to hand it in to the police or to a registered gun dealer. If the gun does show up I'll need some expert advice... :wink:

I always look forward to your posts, informative ones and humorous ones too!.... :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Jay....thanks buddy....That's a FINE looking Jeep your standing next to. :D You should more honored standing next to Ole Yeller, than to the bum next to ya!

Gamekeeper...it will be a pleasure......only thing I'll need is good pics. Of all of the pre war single action Colts, only something like 10%, on average, are original. With pre 1898's the percentage is closer to 5% with post 1920's running maybe 20%.

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I also have to give a big THANK YOU to sixgun...well for being sixgun. He has given me knowledge, humor, and friendship, and he let me know when a good deal came along. So I am firmly on the six is a good guy side. Besides my wife is 100% Italian and my family has a bunch of German in it , so he seems pretty normal to me!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I like to see a man who thinks highly of his jeep. We are but caretakers of em for a short while. They eventually outlive us and go on to enrich anothers life. :D

That's about as philosophical as I get Jack. :D

That's a cool YJ you got there bud but I'm proud to be in a pic with both of you. As long as you don't show that pic around Maine your rep will stay intact bud. :lol:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Six, you're one of the good ones. Most here are, but I especially enjoy your posts, and your humor. I'm one of the young guys on this forum, and don't know nearly as much about guns as most of y'all on here, so I gain a lot of knowledge from you older guys. I may ask stupid questions or make stupid comments sometimes, but hey, that's part of life and learning.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Oh yeah. Bet my 3rd generations will out shoot your pre ,1920s :) 1920s

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks guys, it means a lot. :D

I tell ya.....I cruise in up to the gunclub today with an 1886 in 45-90, an 1894 Marlin in 44-40, and several single action Colts to make sure those babies are good to go for Colorado next month. .... I have 300 rounds of ammo when I arrived at 9 am......fast forward to 4 pm.......I got off about 80 rounds.........all the old heads were there...I was the youngster at 60........everybody just wanted to BS.

One old head, that I never met had this 94 in 30-30 with a brand new tang sight that he was trying to install and the screw that was supplied did not work. I played with it for an hour and could not get it to work.....finally giving up and then asking where the dude lived and low and behold, he was only 5 miles from me.........it's 30 miles to the gunclub........so I suggested he follow me home as I had the proper taps and dies to make him a screw.........fast forward to 8 pm......he left....his gun is fine. And I nevr did get the required work done.

So......I plan on going back tomorrow and my bud from Targetmaster calls me at 9 and says, "hey, what are you doing tomorrow?" I explain the aggravation I dealt with today and that I'm going back to the gunclub. He says "screw that, come with me tomorrow, I'm taking a hundred mile drive to look at some machine guns....a Thompson, MP40, and a M2 Carbine". So I says OK, but what do I get?" He says, "anything you want". I says I want the Thompson and tells me to give him what it costs him plus the $200 stamp. Only thing I have to do now is figure where I can get 12g's :D

Decisions....decisions......that and aggravation never seems to end. :D ------6

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You're livin' the dream Six!

Thanks for letting me vicariously through all your gun finds. :lol:

The most exciting thing I saw this week was a half worn out Fox Sterlingworth in 16ga. :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Win,
Don't forget, it's not much of a dream unless they are MINE!!!!!!!!!

So.......we cruise on down and after examining the maching guns, I notice I wet my pants.

1928 Thompson with all accessories, including the 50 r&d drum.......BRAND STINKING NEW!!!!!

The MP 40 German SMG was used, but all correct, even the Bakelite parts were perfect as these are noted to crack.

The M-2 carbine was very nice.

My bud bought them all but as these things take time with all the paperwork and all, he could not take possession....yet

The Thompson was a gun of beauty...the finned barrel, compensator, drum, 6 original stick mags and other small tools, all in a beautiful wooden case......NEW....I'm still excited even though it was not mine. Some rich guy will own that by the end of the year.

As I have owned about everything else, I do believe the M-2 is coming my way. Never did own a machine gun as I thought it was stupid to put out all that money while I can just shoot my buds for nothing....he even supplies the factory ammo. Machine guns are excellent investments so I know I'll always get my money back, plus about 10% a year.

The wait for the paperwork will probably kill me though, so while I'm at it, I might as well SBR the UZI.

Mike Venturino did the same thing...sold some Winchesters and bought WW2 machine guns.------6

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Those M-2's are hard to keep on target.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Good for yoi Six!

I think M2's are cool. I read about a guy who fought in Korea and said they were vicious rigs on ambush.
Glad you got it Six. That thing will be fun to shoot.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Cannon....

We need more cannon....

Present the evidence so I can decide good guy/whack job

On the fence here :D

(hint, hint, something needs to die with the odor of BP in the air)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK Vance........its a promise. Tell me what you want me to shoot with the cannon. I'll do it tomorrow. Remember now, it has to be legal, and no, I'm not shooting my Jeep. :D

Lets see, ........I still have parts of the lawnmower left?.......cinder block?........5 gallon bucket filled with water?......I don't know...got something in mind?-------------6

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Sixgun wrote:Tell me what you want me to shoot with the cannon.
WHAT? I gotta do everything for you?!?!
Sixgun wrote: ......I don't know...got something in mind?-------------6
How about Blaine :D
Sixgun wrote:Remember now, it has to be legal, ......
Oh Poo.... Always a catch...Got an old refrigerator???....full of powder???? or maybe water jugs....

Or a Harley...no one will miss one of those.....or a Yugo....
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I'll think of something. A cinder block sounds like fun. There's this hornets nest about a foot in diameter in the apple tree that I was going to use the flame thrower on, but I figure a can of cement going 600 fps ought to work. Here! Hold my beer and watch this. :D ---------6

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Got a can of WD-40 and some extra cannon fuse? :D Might take a few tries to get the fuse length right. Last thing standing would probably be the wasp nest :(
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Guys don't pump his head up to much, I gotta spend a week with him at Elk Camp.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Hours in a tent with him is too long. I can't even imagine a week. :shock:
Slow is just slow.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Hey Sixgun, you shoot that cannon at something good for me and I'll send you a case of Bush's baked beans in various flavors. Just in time for tent camping. One of those varieties is bound to produce the right results :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Beans, beans, good for your heart.

The more you eat, the more you fanny burp.

The more you fanny burp, the better you feel.

So eat beans every meal!--------6

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sixgun wrote:I'll think of something. A cinder block sounds like fun. There's this hornets nest about a foot in diameter in the apple tree that I was going to use the flame thrower on, but I figure a can of cement going 600 fps ought to work. Here! Hold my beer and watch this. :D ---------6
Someone pass the popcorn...
This is gona get good... :lol:
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Hummm!
Just now wondering how fast wasps fly.
Lets see, there's a river and exactly how many miles between us 6? :wink:
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Yep, no better guy than my buddy, Sixgun. I surely miss you and the shoots at Atglen and Hamburg and Mainville! Where are you hunting this year?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Reds!

Looks like n.w. Colorado where we usually go. Out near Kremling. Sure like to hook up with ya. We're not sure how long we will be camping as my son's work schedule will probably define that. Playing it all by ear.

The guys at the club are always asking for you......there's always someone there who knows you.----6

Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Hey, Jack,

Let me know when you get the dates worked out. Maybe we can hook up.

As to those guys asking about me --- I must owe them money :lol:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I can tell you that Six is defiantly one of the GOOD GUYS.
Have a great day friend! :D :D :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Copy that Reds and Chuck........got a LOT going on at the moment...being hit at every angle...work, family...more family.....people I ain't heard from in ten years......hunting...chores..my pea brain is having trouble handling it all. Can't wait to get to the tent , no phone....no way of contacting me, my trusty 1886 and the Colt...and my best bud, my son.......he will just have to get used to the smell. Boy! Am I gonna blast him to the next mountain....the gas is at monumental pressures. :D

Reds, I'll give you the coordinates in the days to come.........whew....I need some shut eye-----6

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Even if he won't drive over to NJ to let me buy him a cup, kills me in effigy... gives away a gun he'd agreed to SELL me... I gotta say... yep, Jack is one of the good guys!! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:I can tell you that Six is defiantly one of the GOOD GUYS.
Have a great day friend! :D :D :D
Defiantly is Right! :lol:
Somebody must have told him not to be....