Detroit emergencey services

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Detroit emergencey services

Post by wm »

http://www.freep.com/article/20140905/N ... op-can-fax

This article focuses on the fire department and EMS but Detroit Law enforcement is only a little better off because they have access to some Homeland Security grants.

Now you know why the Detroit Police Chief told the good citizens of metro Detroit to get a handgun, get trained, and get a carry permit........truly when seconds count help is multiple minutes away.......and only if they are paying attention & don't have the radio or TV turned up to loud so they here the cow bell attached to the fax machine.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Detroit emergencey services

Post by gamekeeper »

I have to admire their indinuity but it does sound more like the third world than the USA.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Detroit is the third-world USA.

The city is the high-standard and grand vision of what Democrats want the entire nation to become.

They want it run by Muslim African-Americans lording over a unionized Latino workforce.

All chocolate. No vanilla.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

FWiedner wrote:Detroit is the third-world USA.

The city is the high-standard and grand vision of what Democrats want the entire nation to become.

They want it run by Muslim African-Americans lording over a unionized Latino workforce.

All chocolate. No vanilla.

:?
I guess so but you put it much better than I...
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I'm a retired Detroit cop. I live 3 blocks outside The Detroit city limit. I'll not address the patently racist/anti-Muslim comments above except to say the Arabic areas (both Muslim and Christian Arab) in the southeast Michigan are within the City of Dearborn, a suburb and not in Detroit.

Please note how the fire fighter takes great pains to show the Faygo brand when he handles the pop can.

Further inquiry into this story revealed it is just so much BS and a prank sponsored by employees of Faygo, our large & prosperous soda pop manufacturer.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been to Livonia and Ann Arbor. There are some good areas of the Greater Detroit metroplex. There are some areas which I would not go into. That holds true for Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, and Fayetteville North Carolina. I do think Detroit seems to have it worse than most.

It is good that we have so many members from so many areas, as it seems 2571 has pointed out something that a person from the area would have noticed.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
ethang
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ethang »

This is one minor detail of the Emergency Services in the City. And still we are labeled as greedy, union employees sucking form the public tit. Most people have no clue what the Police and Fire/EMS deal with on a daily basis. Not just from the work, but from the city/management. For the record, Livonia and Ann Arbor are not Detroit. Greater Metro Detroit is not Detroit. Detroit is a world onto itself, and the Public Safety Employees are not the problem.

Sorry, but this strikes a cord with me..
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

2571 wrote:I'm a retired Detroit cop. I live 3 blocks outside The Detroit city limit. I'll not address the patently racist/anti-Muslim comments above except to say the Arabic areas (both Muslim and Christian Arab) in the southeast Michigan are within the City of Dearborn, a suburb and not in Detroit.

Please note how the fire fighter takes great pains to show the Faygo brand when he handles the pop can.

Further inquiry into this story revealed it is just so much BS and a prank sponsored by employees of Faygo, our large & prosperous soda pop manufacturer.

Well if it is a prank no one is reporting it as such and Joe Nathan of the Tigers just donated 50K to the Detroit Fire Department based on the obvious need they have for updated equipment. In a related article Detroit's police chief noted 300 officers were wearing out of date vests and thei patrol vehicles were in the worst shape he had ever seen. Since he took over a couple years ago he has managed to slash the police response time by almost half but it remains alarmingly high at 21 minutes for a priority call.