photos of my shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

photos of my shooting

Post by carbluesnake »

These are the targets of my shooting with my CZ 22 at 50 yds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: photos of my shooting

Post by FWiedner »

Sitting at 50 yds?

Nice shooting!

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Yes sitting at 50 yds., no rest, just sitting with glass on 6X. this is a little better than I expect from myself. I expect about 1", so I am a little proud of myself on this. I want to see these size groups become more of a norm for me.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That will definitely do the job...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

nice groups and nice rifle - and please don't be offended - my daughter's Henry H001 gets similar groups at 50 yard with a peep sight.

My pride with my Low Wall 22 with Creedmore sight was hitting a bullseye at 75 yds.

keep up the good work.
Also stick with one brand ammo if you can to keep the same lube in your barrel.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Nice shooting from 50 yards sitting! The CZ has a very good reputation. I'm sure you'll bring the fliers in tight soon. Are you also going to bench rest shoot just to see exactly what your CZ will do? I would want to know in order to know how much of a problem I am contributing as the shooter vs ammo the rifle doesnt like or the rifle. For me my "contribution" probably would be significant the significant fact! :lol:

Thanks for posting your targets and I hope you'll continue to post targets as you continue to shoot.

What ammo are you using? Have you tried different ammo and found any difference in performance?
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Mod.71, I use Win Super Speed as I have a lot of it. I have shot it in my Rem 541 and it will shoot about 3/4 inch at 50 yds. Eley Tenex will shoot .3 inch at 50 yds in the 541. I haven't tried anything else in the CZ yet, but I have a feeling it might shoot better than the 541. Bulldog, I would never get offended by someone else's good shooting. Just makes me want to try a little harder. Thanks
johnny-xring
Levergunner

Post by johnny-xring »

Nice shooting and both groups are great. I also have a Remington (541X) and shot NRA 3-positional (many moons ago). I shot what I could afford- Federal 711 and Federal Match stuff. One of the guys that shot in our club matches tossed me a box of SK Match (German made and in 2004 was $1.98/box of 50). He shot on a U.S. Navy team (he had an Anschutz too) and said it was their "sleeper ammo". Zowie, it was fantastic in the 541X and $$$ cheaper than Eley stuff. The loading was made by Lapua as it had a distinct sweet smell like their match ammo. Wolf also distributes it in their black box with the Wolf logo but it says on the back, "Made in Germany". Same stuff as the SK. Word got out and it spiked in price (I have several bricks stashed still) so I'm not sure what the cost is now BUT---I'll bet your CZ and 541 will love it. Best training rifles in the world--well made .22 rifles old and new.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Xring, Thanks for the tip on black box wolf. I think Clark guns in Shreveport, La. thinks highly of it. Like you, but 50 plus years ago, I shot NRA small bore competition. They would and could teach you to shoot. There was a girl there named Bonny Hampson or Hampton out of Miami Fla. who could shoot the world apart. I think she became the southeastern small bore champion. She should be in her early 60's. I wonder what happened to her.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good shooting! :D
As you know, quality peep sights will shoot right along side of a scope when the operator (shooter) is doing his/her job correctly. Peep sights give nothing up to a scope in the precision department. A proper globe sight aperture is needed to make the above true, but many top small bore shooters choose irons over glass.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I have never shot much .22, but it always seemed to me that the rifles were light, and would jump around a lot.. except those times I actually did, and was always surprised at just how accurate they can be. Good shootin'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
johnny-xring
Levergunner

Post by johnny-xring »

carbluesnake,

What really made the SK/Wolf ammo spike was the year the college team (from ?) called the "Acorns" went to Nationals at Camp Perry. I guess they kicked the AMU (Army Marksmanship Unit) smallbore team's a*#. The
Wolf is sold in "Match Target", "Match Extra", and "Gold" (least expensive to most $$). One Acorn team member mentioned in the article in "Shooting Sports USA" about the Wolf ammo being their choice--and the word was out.

I thought I was a rifleman until I started shooting smallbore (3P, metric prone). Man, did I learn a lot from time behind the sights! I'll say it again--best training rifle in the world is a well made bolt action .22LR old or new.

JX
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Nice shooting, Rifleman!