Whopper of a Fish Story

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Whopper of a Fish Story

Post by jkbrea »

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Whopper of a Fish Story

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice story with a happy ending.... lucky Deer..... :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

Second that. They must of been trying to escape a predator.

Years ago when my wife and I were first married we took our first cat camping with us and even took him in the boat fishing. People thought we were nuts but the cat didn't seem to mind and never tried to run away. I kind of thought he enjoyed it. It was hilarious watching him and his reaction to the fish we caught flopping around on the floor of the boat.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Yes, they don't always end that well. Saw a moose once swimming across the Turnagain Arm. The tide was high but still running a bit. If you have never been on the Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet, the tides are so fast it looks like a river running out, and often come in in a bore tide.

It was swimming from the Hope side and as it came closer to the shore, the tourists picked it up and cars were stopping everywhere. Every time the moose tried to land, there were tourists in a crowd taking pictures, so it would turn and swim back out and then up or down the shore and try to land in a different spot. It was clearly exhausted. Every time it swam to a different location, the tourists ran along the road and were waiting when it tried to land again. This went on for some time before I finally left - the exhausted moose swimming up and down the inlet and the tourists flocking back and forth after it with their cameras. I tried to say something, but for tourists, nothing matters more than their photos. I doubt the moose survived.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

7.62 Precision wrote:I tried to say something, but for tourists, nothing matters more than their photos.
I've seen that phenomenon before, often 'wildlife lovers' wind up harming the wildlife that way. (I'm betting 90% of them are urban Democrat Liberals, too... :roll: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "