Holy stuff, Maybe our own mini country with its borders

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Holy stuff, Maybe our own mini country with its borders

Post by madman4570 »

:shock:

Heard today at the Gun Shop some more stuff coming on down the pike??

Anyone in any state except NYS Residents with only NYS registered guns caught NYS --pokey time. ie. any type what they consider Assault Rifles, ie AR15's etc.
Best not be traveling through NYS to another state and get caught with one?? Different than a CCW someone has traveling through state?

Best not whether hunting in NYS or plinking or whatever not being a resident and need any ammo?
Pistol or Rifle ?
Will be asked at the approved registered NYS gun ammo approved seller, can we see your NYS Driver's License before $10 required back ground check? And if have NYS CCW for pistol ammo show NYS CCW or sorry
If it is a cartridge that shoots in both rifle or Pistol, Pistol rules will prevail ?

This came from a dude that 99.9% of the time is always spot on and has a Gun Shop ??

Can't be true --can it ??
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Holy stuff, Maybe our own mini country with its borders

Post by Tycer »

http://www.nysrpa.org/

I sent the PVF some cash last year. I think I'll do it again.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The "thing" with NY state (from my POV) is that it's location physically interfere's with travelling out of New England, w/o leaving the country (or passing through NYS).

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

madman4570 wrote::shock:

Anyone in any state except NYS Residents with only NYS registered guns caught NYS --pokey time. ie. any type what they consider Assault Rifles, ie AR15's etc.
Best not be traveling through NYS to another state and get caught with one?? Different than a CCW someone has traveling through state?

Best not whether hunting in NYS or plinking or whatever not being a resident and need any ammo?
Pistol or Rifle ?
Will be asked at the approved registered NYS gun ammo approved seller, can we see your NYS Driver's License before $10 required back ground check? And if have NYS CCW for pistol ammo show NYS CCW or sorry
If it is a cartridge that shoots in both rifle or Pistol, Pistol rules will prevail ?

This came from a dude that 99.9% of the time is always spot on and has a Gun Shop ??

I'd expect a challenge in court to the constitutionality of forcing a citizen to pay a mandated fee (an effective tax) in order to access an object identified in law as them having a RIGHT to own.

Seems like they tried this with voting some years ago (the poll tax) and got hammered for violating a favored minority's constitutional rights.

This has nothing to do with 'regulation' and everything to do with setting a price on access.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hope so, but since they do it with the guns here via back ground check ?
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

So, the obvious solution is for everyone to leave the cradle of liberty which has become the abyss of tyranny and move to more gun friendly places. Leaving the entire area to the liberals which in time will implode under it's own weight while the forward thinking gun owners enjoy their new domiciles. The choice is yours, if enough people move it would not only cripple them economically but would cripple them politically by the less population, less seats in the House of Representatives. And of course fight the on immigration which only works in their favor. The choice is yours and the gun friendly areas are where the new jobs are.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

New York has been on my "don't go there" list for many years, solely due to their asinine gun laws.

It is sad, because there are some nice people and places there... :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Pete44ru wrote:.

The "thing" with NY state (from my POV) is that it's location physically interfere's with travelling out of New England, w/o leaving the country (or passing through NYS). .
Dang! That's right -- you New Englanders are pretty much blockaded, aren't you? You fellers may need to slip out of there on a lobster boat and put in about Charlston. I'm thinking we could design a pretty decent country by peeling out a few states and certain regions of a few other states and we would do fine. My initial design has us some good seaports in the southeast and the south but it might be that the only port on the west coast would be Coos Bay, which a lot of you folks haven't heard of (yet).
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
1894c

Post by 1894c »

madman4570 wrote::shock:

Pistol or Rifle ?

this is WHY I shook the dust off of my feet and left NYS 16 years ago...never, ever to return... :(
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Gaucho Gringo wrote:So, the obvious solution is for everyone to leave the cradle of liberty which has become the abyss of tyranny and move to more gun friendly places. Leaving the entire area to the liberals which in time will implode under it's own weight while the forward thinking gun owners enjoy their new domiciles. The choice is yours, if enough people move it would not only cripple them economically but would cripple them politically by the less population, less seats in the House of Representatives. And of course fight the on immigration which only works in their favor. The choice is yours and the gun friendly areas are where the new jobs are.
This is exactly what is happening in IL right now. The population is dropping as people and businesses leave the state. They raise the taxes, people leave, then they whine about it and raise the taxes more. Then when more people leave they pass more regulations further strangling those that haven't been able to leave yet.
Since I haven't been able to leave yet, I'm stocking up on popcorn so I can sit back and watch the implosion.

Those in New England need to organize an "underground railroad" to escape that tyrannical region.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

This is old news... a year old now in fact. That's the problem with NY's gun owners, most of them aren't paying attention and have no idea about the Safe Act.

No more face to face gun sales, no more face to face ammo sales, no more internet or mail ammo sales. (The gun stores are going to love the "new" law). All sorts of simple "innocent" guns are evil assault rifles now. I was thrilled to see Lipsey's is doing a wood stocked take down 10/22. But it has a threaded barrel, which means its and illegal assault weapon in NY.

I believe NYS put it on the website that the ammo background check fee would be $10 and then raised to $20. And then they quickly removed it from the website. I imagine they'll hold off till after hunting season/Election Day before they implement it. The tyrant wants to stay in office and he can't wake up the sleeping NY gun owners too soon.

I ran into the same things with the original NY "assault weapon ban" when I worked at the range. I'd have people show up with clearly illegal guns and I'd quietly and politely mention it to them. Not to be a busy body, just to make sure they knew. 90% of the time they hadn't a clue. "When did they pass that law?" They'd ask. Um... 17 years ago.

We have as many gun owners in NY as votes Cuomo got in the last election. We could easily punish him and vote him out. But we won't.
Slow is just slow.