Tang sight?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Tang sight?

Post by jnyork »

I am trying to establish about when Marbles started making the present model of their tang sight, the one with the windage adjustment. I have corresponded with them to no avail, I have the book "Old Gunsights and Rifle Scopes" which is silent on this particular sight.

If you have a copy or copies of Gun Digest and/or Shooter's Bible from back in the 40's up to about 1970 or so, would you look up for me and see if the Marbles Tang Sight with the windage adjustment is listed there?

Thanks in advance for all help.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Tang sight?

Post by JerryB »

Jerry, give them a call, they are easy people to talk with. I called them to get the correct aperture for the tang sight on my 1950 94 30-30. I had it put on in 1958, the man told me it was classed as a vintage sight and sent me what I needed. We talked a bit about the old guns. I might still have their number I'll look and see.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Model 52B
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Model 52B »

1998 - per their web site:

http://www.marblearms.com/history.html

They also state:
"After Webster Marble’s death in 1930, the sight line remained unchanged until 1968…"

----

I know when I wanted to add a tang sight to a Model 94 in 1995, the Lyman No 2 was the only game in town for new sights and it had just been re-released, as I got one of the first.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JerryB wrote:Jerry, give them a call, they are easy people to talk with. I called them to get the correct aperture for the tang sight on my 1950 94 30-30. I had it put on in 1958, the man told me it was classed as a vintage sight and sent me what I needed. We talked a bit about the old guns. I might still have their number I'll look and see.
Thanks, Jerry, I have emailed back and forth with Troy a couple of times, he just simply will NOT answer my question, he just keeps telling me they don't make a period sight, he for some reason will NOT tell me when they started making the present one or that I need an M-8 original. I have studied every line of their website to no avail. I have had good luck with them in the past on several occasions but this time has me buffaloed. I have the phone number but right now am too frustrated to call.