Browning BL22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Browning BL22

Post by jazman »

There is one for sale locally, private party. Pics look very good, seller states roughly 500 shots total, has box and docs. What do you all think is a good price? Thanks for any input, appreciate it.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Browning BL22

Post by Blaine »

Do you know what he's asking? Being a cheap sucker, I'd offer him 250 and see where it goes. (It's worth way more than that)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Thanks T3. He is looking for $500.00, and it does look new...
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

$250.00??

I don't even own the gun and I'm offended...

:lol: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

FWiedner wrote:$250.00??

Well played Fred! :lol:
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jazman wrote:Thanks T3. He is looking for $500.00, and it does look new...
You can get a new one for that. Somewhere between 250 and 500 is more like it. Depends on exact model and condition.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:$250.00??

:roll: Upended is more like it....Offense is for Professional Liberals.... :|

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

They are nice little rifles but not very popular in this area. I agree with the $250 offer and not much more than that for a standard grade. If it were a Belgium Browning T bolt that would be different altogether. :D :D :D
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

The easiest way to get an idea of value is to go to Gunbroker.com and do a search of completed auctions for the firearm in question. Searching Browning BL22 shows one with minimal wear selling for $431, a like new engraved version with box sold for $565, and a clean one showing some wear went for $299. It would appear that $500 for one in like new condition would not be unreasonably high.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Thanks all, really appreciated. I'll see what I can do if he is reasonable.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A used Grade I = $350 (retail); a Used Grade II = $450 (retail); a used Grade II Octagon = $500 (retail) - all in the described condition.
I would expect a somewhat lower price than a store's retail/used price for a private sale.

missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings
Bought one 7 years ago in good used condition for $235. No regrets getting it either. It does have a tight chamber and definatly prefers certain types of ammo. But will it ever shoot. Nice little clusters of holes. And that short throw is very nice.
Just looked at Gunbroker and there are about 20 for sale. You can get a NIB for under $500. One Very nice looking one for $350.
MIke in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Brownings are IT.....I have a 68 Belgium .22 Auto....One Ragged Hole at reasonable distances with the factory sights... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Model 52B
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Model 52B »

I'm a pretty big proponent of looking at completed sales on GunBroker to see what a firearm is probably worth. Condition is easier to compare in the pictures than it is with everyones varying interpretation of "condition" in a blue book, and there is none of the lag or delay that you find in a blue book nor is the price structure biased toward commercial sellers looking to buy low and sell high to turn a fairly quick profit.

GunBroker completed listings are a pretty good direct indicator of what things are selling for on the retail market as a whole, and the current listings are often an indicator of availability as well as what prices firearms are NOT selling for when you repeated, not sold or no bid listings.

Currently there is only two Grade 1 BL22s in the current listings. One is in excellent condition but overpriced at $509, and the second is listed as new for $499. There have been 3 previous listings recently of a Grade 1 BL22 for $499 and none of them have sold.

And, the completed listings reflect recent prices from $565 for a LNIB Grade 2 (sold after 12 bids), to $431 for a very good condition Grade 1 (sold after 26 bids), to $299 for a good condition Grade 2 (sold after a single bid).

So... $500 is too high for a Grade 1 given that you could snag a new one for that price even without a motivated seller. $400-$430 is probably reasonable for a Grade 1 in VG condition, but that also makes the range for excellent and "LNIB" examples pretty narrow - which is typical.