Is this just a mistake on Marlin's website...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Is this just a mistake on Marlin's website...???

Post by AJMD429 »

Looking for a stock photograph of an 1895 Cowboy rifle, I navigated to this page...
I'm suspecting it's just an incorrect link, but it would be nice if they made another run of these.

Marlin 1894 CB in 32 H&R Magnum
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Re: Is this just a mistake on Marlin's website...???

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Even better if they made it in .327 Federal Magnum - and it handled the gambit of .32 rounds!!! :D :D :D
Mohillbilly
Levergunner

Post by Mohillbilly »

Got one of those , I was thinking about 327 too , but the 32-20 will have to do , when if they do make em ...
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Is Marlin/Remington shipping anything besides the .30-30 right now? I looked at one of those in a gun shop today and was not impressed at all.

I don't know about all of the new ones but this thing had a really homely laminate stock and some kind of flat finish on the metal, Pretty depressing for a Marlin junkie. :cry:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

i was a big supporter and had faith that the REM-marlin combo would come through (optimist)...but the REM-marlin 336BL that i bought and hunted with last year changed my attitude (it weighed a ton, the furniture was huge, and it had a chamber issue)...if i were to buy another Marlin it will be an old one, can't believe that i just wrote that... :(
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

I believe they never redid their site. That 32 Mag CB has been popping up for years now. Makes it look like nobody at Remington cares, doesn't it?
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

30wcf wrote:i was a big supporter and had faith that the REM-marlin combo would come through (optimist)...but the REM-marlin 336BL that i bought and hunted with last year changed my attitude . . . (
I met one of the principle players in what later was re-named the Freedom Group early on. They were talking with me about doing work for them, but it never went too far, mainly due to my location, I think.

Anyway, he told me about their vision for the firearms industry. They would follow the automotive industry model (where they came from) in combining a number of brands under one roof until all the brands were owned and manufactured by only a couple mega factories. Each type of firearm, or each brand would have several levels of quality, just like cars. For 1911 pistols, for example, they may use one brand name for budget, low-end pistols, another brand name for normal quality, another for LE/Military line, and another for a high-end line. For lever action rifles, they may use the same brand name, but make 3 or 4 different quality levels at different price levels under that brand. They planned to have brands to represent each type of firearm. They also planned to consolidate manufacturing, find ways to cut manufacturing costs, and increase profit margins.

This all made me a bit nervous about what could happen to the brands, and unfortunately it looks like Marlin is proving my fears to be right, as well as some things that have come out about some of the AR brands as well. Very disappointing.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Mohillbilly wrote:Got one of those , I was thinking about 327 too , but the 32-20 will have to do , when if they do make em ...
How hard to rechamber to .327?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I kinda think the thread is getting away from the OP. Does Marlin still make this rifle? If not in continuous production, will it be made again? When?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

^ I think the point of the thread drift is that that rifle will never be made again. Even if they make something that sort of looks similar. :(
Slow is just slow.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

cas wrote:^ I think the point of the thread drift is that that rifle will never be made again. Even if they make something that sort of looks similar. :(

Sadly, There will never be another Marlin rifle produced. There will be clones made (and poorly so far) by the Remlin mega-mart. :cry:

There are plenty of the actual JM Marlins out there if you look around a bit. I went into a local gun store in search of a can of green dot yesterday and while browsing the crowded used gun racks I found a NOS Marlin 39A from before the buyout sitting on the rack. The guy knocked 100 bucks off the price because it had been there so long.

A few weeks ago I found a pair of lightly used 1894CL's in .218 Bee and .32-20. The guy didn't shoot them much because factory ammo is expensive and he doesn't reload. I got the pair for the price of what one of either caliber sells for on GB.

The real Marlins are worth looking for imo after seeing the severe lack of quality in the Remlin offerings.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I passed up a nice Marlin 336 from the 60's last week. Just can't buy them all. Lord knows I've tried. I did by the 336 sitting next to it in the rack. It was made in 1976 and appears new. I didn't need it but the good Marlins seem to be drying up fast now for some reason.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Someone is not doing their job at Remington or just an old Marlin add that never got deleted from the system. I don`t care for the tube feed without loading gate myself. :?
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Dave wrote:I passed up a nice Marlin 336 from the 60's last week. Just can't buy them all. Lord knows I've tried. I did by the 336 sitting next to it in the rack. It was made in 1976 and appears new. I didn't need it but the good Marlins seem to be drying up fast now for some reason.

Yeah, Me too. I just got home from picking up yet another 336. I don't really need another .30-30 but I have a hard time passing up pre-safety Marlin's when I find 'em at a decent price.

Marlinitis is a terrible affliction.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

7.62 Precision wrote:
30wcf wrote:i was a big supporter and had faith that the REM-marlin combo would come through (optimist)...but the REM-marlin 336BL that i bought and hunted with last year changed my attitude . . . (
I met one of the principle players in what later was re-named the Freedom Group early on. They were talking with me about doing work for them, but it never went too far, mainly due to my location, I think.

Anyway, he told me about their vision for the firearms industry. They would follow the automotive industry model (where they came from) in combining a number of brands under one roof until all the brands were owned and manufactured by only a couple mega factories. Each type of firearm, or each brand would have several levels of quality, just like cars. For 1911 pistols, for example, they may use one brand name for budget, low-end pistols, another brand name for normal quality, another for LE/Military line, and another for a high-end line. For lever action rifles, they may use the same brand name, but make 3 or 4 different quality levels at different price levels under that brand. They planned to have brands to represent each type of firearm. They also planned to consolidate manufacturing, find ways to cut manufacturing costs, and increase profit margins.

This all made me a bit nervous about what could happen to the brands, and unfortunately it looks like Marlin is proving my fears to be right, as well as some things that have come out about some of the AR brands as well. Very disappointing.
How is that working out for BO Motors (formerly GM)? If that is the model, I personally vow to never, ever purchase anything remotely associated with...even a model of its marketing plan with the similarity to GM.