floods

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

floods

Post by Mescalero »

Heres to hoping our Canadian friends are allright, heavy flooding.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: floods

Post by JerryB »

I thought about the bunch from Alberta this morning watching the news on Fox. Calgary is flooding real bad.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Yeah, they are all a good bunch.
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

My sister called yesterday from Sask. She said it had been raining hard but no mention of flooding. I hope all of our Northern friends are ok.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I hope so too CanuckBob is up there. I'm heading there on Friday for vacation. Looks like I might be volunteering to help clean up instead when I get there instead of goofing off. Terrible mess. Prayers up
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Our house is five hundred feet above the river, so all is well. Pretty tough conditions downtown though. Flew over about suppertime today and got a good view. Keep all those effected in your prayers as a lot of folks have been struck hard along the river.
Here is a story with a happy ending http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/s ... hotos.html
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:Heres to hoping our Canadian friends are allright, heavy flooding.
Yes indeed.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up, seems to be nasty weather everywhere.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Just got home from a road trip. Thank God our house was spared any problems but many neighbours are in shock. If you google CBC Calgary they have some interesting stories.

Three lives were lost in High River just south of us. Now the downstream towns and cities are bracing for trouble. At least they got good warning.

A funny quirk of nature had a low pressure Pacific system centered on the border kinda swirl around Calgary and push the wet pacific air up the east slope and down came the water. The rivers are all steeply downhill west of us! June is our usual runoff month for the snow pack and the added water overwhelmed us. We have two basins draining in Calgary, the Bow River and Elbow River which converges just east of downtown.

With the tornados, floods, and wild fires this spring it sure has been interesting. I got a few days off because the Canadian oilpatch runs out of Calgary and they are reporting no power until Wed. or Thur.. The Stampede grounds are underwater as well. The Saddledome, home of the NHL Flames is reporting water to row 10. It is on the property and that puts the water real deep in the grandstands and corrals. They are located at the confluence of the Bow and Elbow.

Proud of my country men and women today. They even reported the price gougers for supplies by photoing receipts and putting them on facebook.