Response to Old Goat Re: Savage 99 "Saddle Carbine&quo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Response to Old Goat Re: Savage 99 "Saddle Carbine&quo

Post by TNBigBore »

I apologize for posting this is a seperate thread, but have bee unable to post a response to the existing thread (Browning 53 32-20)

I also apologize for not making the connection between Savage 99 "Saddle Carbine" and Savage 99A Saddle Gun. I have in fact sold more than one of those over the years. However, this does not change the fact that I never renigged on a deal. A post showing simply that Old Goat says he sent me an email proves nothing. Like all my other sales, the first "I'll take it" via PM, email or post got the rifle. I always check the time and date stamp carefully to see who was first. If I posted "deal pending" that meant that there was a possible trade on the table. If I ever have an issue with ffl to ffl transactions, I just charge the additional amount it costs me to go through an ffl.

If Old Goat had a problem with that sale or had a dispute over who was first then this is the first I have ever heard of it. Why bring the matter up nine months later and trash my name in a completely unrelatd post. If he had a problem with me, he should have let me know then, not wait until months down the road and hijack my thread with sour grapes over an old post.

If you have an issue with someone, you go to them and tell them about it, you dont lie in wait and ambush them months later and purposefully try to make them look bad in public. I try to conduct myself in a gentlemanly fashion and deal honestly with everyone. I think my many positive feedback posts will attest to that. I am sorry that Old Goat feels that I somehow slighted him in the past. I guess if you conduct enough transactons, you are eventually going to encounter someone with sour grapes.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I moved the topic from Classifieds because I thought it belonged here. I will delete ANY post other than the concerned parties, i.e. people involved in transactions with TNBigBore and Old Goat. I would hope that everyone will behave as gentlemen/ladies (as appropriate). If you don't I will lock the topic after deleting offensive posts. Speak politely to the issue. Thank you.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...TNBB, sir, can you not speak the truth? Gentlemanly fashion? Calling people names and speaking untruthfully is NOT acting in a gentlemanly fashion. I see no difference in my statement of nonsatisfaction with a transaction and the others who spoke of satisfactory dealings. They were speaking of past happenings, just as I was. Why are they not accused of hijacking your thread?
...I have spoken only the truth. No matter how you try to spin this, the fact is, you have been proven to NOT be truthful.

...old goat
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...Mr Cook,sir, as Hobie said, this has been moved from the classified section. If you want history, the post are still there.

...old goat
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Old Goat, I have been nothing but truthful. There is really nothing else I can say. I will let my record speak for itself. I will just have to end by saying that I think you remeber whatever events that took place incorrectly. I wish you no ill will.
old goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by old goat »

...TNBB, Nothing but truthful? You have been proven untruthful several times. The facts speak for themselves. I remember things as they were, not as you would wish people think them. That said, I hope you let this end, as I can't see any value in dragging this on any longer.

...old goat