National Media Ignores Good Shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

National Media Ignores Good Shooting

Post by JohndeFresno »

I am amazed, among all of the outcry of shootings that have resulted in more fuel for the anti-gun crowd, that the national media (including Fox News) has completely ignored a perfectly legitimate life-and-death defensive use of firearms. Two lives were saved, and perhaps many others in the future.

Since I don't want to violate the policies of this forum, if you are interested you can find this posting in the "Politics" subforum:
"Good Shooting - Why wasn't it on national media??"

I believe that you will be amazed.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Re: National Media Ignores Good Shooting

Post by GonnePhishin »

So tell me John, why does that surprise you?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

UncleBuck wrote:So tell me John, why does that surprise you?
I am surprised that Hannity or O'Reilly or Fox News did not pick this piece up. Their attempts to defend the rights of gun owners were ineffectual. I want to keep this thread clean so that it stays on the "General" postings, so please see my complete reply in the "Politics" section.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Finally made the American Rifleman mag, Armed Citizens section - I think it was last issue. It wasn't complete, since it only took the first news clipping. But it got the point across.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Only "news outlet" I know that routinely reports this is indeed the NRA - monthly, in their magazine, daily in their e-mail updates, and about every month in their "armed citizens" e-blasts.

Wish the "MSM" would report these as well - but I'm not holding my breath.. :evil:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JohndeFresno wrote:. . . if you are interested you can find this posting in the "Politics" subforum:
"Good Shooting - Why wasn't it on national media??"
I guess I missed the original post...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

AJMD429 wrote:...I guess I missed the original post...???
Apparently, it's no longer on the server.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JohndeFresno wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:...I guess I missed the original post...???
Apparently, it's no longer on the server.
I guess "Political" posts disappear after a certain length of time...?

In some ways that is not a bad thing, but occasionally I'll post something I'd like to use as a reference down the road.

If I search for my posts in the Political forum, I only get 42 results, but they go back to 2008...

That's confusing, because I'm pretty sure I've posted way more than that many times in the Political forum during that time frame.

Anyone know how all that works...????
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

I wish the media would start objectively reporting news & events again instead of political propagandizing.
The liberal elite are corrupting America with their stables of bought and paid for politicians and newspaper editors.
The very few reporters and writers who do have the balls to ask the tough questions and say and write the unadulterated "politically incorrect" truth are silenced & ostracized quickly by their peers and bosses.
Freedom of the press...........absolute fiction in 2013. :roll:
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

So, what's new? In the American Rifleman, every month there is about a dozen instances where firearms save lives. None of those are mentioned in the media...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...