An assortment of 22 rifles - photo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

An assortment of 22 rifles - photo

Post by mod71alaska »

I was in photobucket, had 22s on my mind, and came across this photo: (top to bottom) Winchester Model 61 with a grooved receiver; Winchester Model 62; Winchester Model 63 with a grooved receiver; Belgian Browning semi-auto takedown; Marlin 39 Article II "Right To Bear Arms" with octagon barrel (before I installed the case hardened hammer and lever http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 12#p610512); Browning/Winchester Model 52.

I'm building a rifle range in the back yard this summer. I'm looking forward to lots of fun pop can and water balloon shooting with the grand kids, as well as some serious 22 target shooting. I have plenty of 22 shorts and LR for the grand kids' plinking. Now, if I can only find...and afford...some Eley or other competition grade ammo for the 52. I'll post pics from the range later this summer.

Mod71alaska
InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Re: An assortment of 22 rifles - photo

Post by InTheWoods »

Great rifles! I have a similar collection of decent .22s, including some identical to yours. I don't have a Model 61 yet, but hope to find one this summer. I, too, build an outdoor range for keeping my eye sharp and keeping the older, classic .22s from 'going dormant.' This is my 50-yard range:

I built a box around the metal swingers to keep bullet fragmants contained, especially those that result when a bullet hits the edge of a metal target or the target supports. The swingers easlily lift off and are replaced with a target board for mounting paper targets. The dirt-mound backstop is rather small, but is backed by a wooded hillside and more that a mile to the nearest farm. Actually, no bullet has ever left the small dirt mound in over 20 years of shooting at it.

I also have a bullet trap mounted on a tree 20 steps from my patio. Great for classic (meaning old, I guess) Smith and Wesson .22 handguns.
Last edited by InTheWoods on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Nice collection 8)
Nice shootin range also. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought I had a bunch of 22's but I don't have ANY of the ones in that picture. . . I guess I'd better get to a gun show. . . !
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

nice :D
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Model 52B
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Model 52B »

I'm a big fan of the Model 52 re-issues.

Here's four of my .22LR sporters - a Winchester Model 52R, a Remington 541S, aCZ 453, and a 1976 "Liberty" Ruger 10/22.

Not pictured are another Model 52R and a 9422 Trapper Carbine.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Wow, what a beautiful stock on that 52R! Is it a Winchester Custom Shop or other custom stock?
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice gents.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot