AIR ASSAULT!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

AIR ASSAULT!

Post by awp101 »

Army Amputee Is First To Complete Grueling, Elite Air Assault School
FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (AP) — Sgt. 1st Class Greg Robinson has become the first amputee to complete Army air assault school, a course so grueling his prosthetic leg broke twice over the 10 days spent rappelling down ropes, navigating obstacle courses and completing strenuous road marches.

Each year thousands of soldiers are physically and mentally tested at the Fort Campbell school. Instructors said Robinson accomplished everything other participants did and trainers cut him no slack even though he lost part of his right leg on a deployment to Afghanistan in 2006.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/army-amp ... z2RzFvqJ32

Good on the SFC from a fellow Sabalauski Air Assault School graduate, Class 01-97.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: AIR ASSAULT!

Post by AJMD429 »

Gosh that's nowhere as near as impressive as the baseball player dude who just became the first one to be gay and out of the closet.

(I suppose in case any LibYups are listening I should clarify: I am being sarcastic... :roll: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Yeah, makes me wonder when SFC Robinson can expect his call from Obama. :roll:
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

Its amazing that that soldier could do that! I hope his story is shared with any of the Boston Bombing victims if they are feeling any despair.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote:Gosh that's nowhere as near as impressive as the baseball player dude who just became the first one to be gay and out of the closet.

(I suppose in case any LibYups are listening I should clarify: I am being sarcastic... :roll: )

Doc, That really hit a note with me. I saw both stories and the Army guy's story took up a half page in the middle of the newspaper but the faggot queer got front page news. I hope the queer puts his "radiator hose" where it can get a big dose of AIDS.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:Gosh that's nowhere as near as impressive as the baseball player dude who just became the first one to be gay and out of the closet.

Doc, That really hit a note with me. I saw both stories and the Army guy's story took up a half page in the middle of the newspaper but the faggot queer got front page news. I hope the queer puts his "radiator hose" where it can get a big dose of AIDS.

That goes back exactly to what i said in another thread about the world not knowing who real heroes are anymore . Personally, i dont wish any ill will against the ball player, but to put him up on some kind of pedestal for being a deviant is just a reflection of a lot of other things wrong with society
----- Doug
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Streetstar wrote:
Sixgun wrote:

That goes back exactly to what i said in another thread about the world not knowing who real heroes are anymore . Personally, i dont wish any ill will against the ball player, but to put him up on some kind of pedestal for being a deviant is just a reflection of a lot of other things wrong with society
Bingo. God bless the soldier.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

olyinaz wrote:
Streetstar wrote:
Sixgun wrote:
Bingo. God bless the soldier.
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Darn it Doc - I just spit out my drink again! :lol:
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Ysabel Kid wrote:

Darn it Doc - I just spit out my drink again! :lol:
Welcome back, Kid. :lol:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Getting your WopWop wings at the Dope-on-a-rope school while an amputee has to be tough. Tells me that this man has more going for him than someone who plays children's games for a living.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

AJMD429 wrote:Gosh that's nowhere as near as impressive as the baseball player dude who just became the first one to be gay and out of the closet. ...
I think he's a pro basketball player, kind of. Supposedly a 36 year old, mid-level, unheralded bench warmer at the end of his career. Desperate for attention? :roll: I'd say so.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I agree with the sentiment of this thread.

Kudos for Sgt. 1st Class Greg Robinson and .... I need a puke icon for the ball player.

If this were FB I could click "like" for this thread.

So ...... "LIKE" ...... click....... there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

God bless the soldier.
+1

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Blackhawk wrote:God bless the soldier.
+1
Yea, and you boys know something else that I did not see discussed. The soldier makes little money compared to the stupid rich whatever-he-is. The soldier did it for the love of his country and personal self esteem, when he could be sitting back getting 100% disability.

I would pay the soldier $100 for his autograph (and he would not take it) and would make the fag pay me to throw his autograph in the trash.

I guess we are a dying breed. When the baby boomers die out, the trash will be in charge.---------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

When the baby boomers die out, the trash will be in charge
"stuff" They are in charge right now in far too many places :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV