Hoo-Ray for Brady delay !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Hoo-Ray for Brady delay !

Post by Streetstar »

Thank you good folks with the NCIS for protecting me from myself yet again ! It has been a long time since i have been delayed , but it happened yesterday

Everybody knows that anything black with a detachable magazine is still in somewhat short supply, but a guy at the gun store who knew i was a 10mm fan called me and said "I may have something you might be interested in"

--- 30 minutes later and i am filling out the paperwork for a Glock 29 , this is the stubby cut down version of the full size G20.

I dont generally have a lot of love for the Glock platform, but have to admit they are sturdy, purposeful buggers and mine has shot as well as my basic service grade 1911's --- so having a companion piece is nice -- The 20 does not fit in the console of my truck, but the 29 will --- (possibly leaving my little SIG 380 without a job )

I'll post a pic when i get it, but Glocks are a bit like plain white work trucks -- they do the job they are supposed to, but will never win any beauty awards (exception being Steve's, which is a sporty looking sidearm if you like the modern stuff)

On a brighter note -- I was able to pick up spare mags for both the full size 20 and the new 29 for 23 bucks each- which is fair, plus 3 boxes of factory ammo --- the shelves were bare of 9mm and 45 ACP, but they had oodles of 10 mil.

On the levergun side, i saw a long barreled model 94 in .25-35 with a full octagon barrel and full length mag tube -- priced at a paltry $2900 bucks, as well as a high wall in 38-55 which was also $1900 --- they were fun to look at though
------ also picked up a couple boxes of factory loaded .32 Special -- i dont shoot the .32 much if i work my way up to 200 loaded rounds i am going to consider that a lifetime supply

here's a pic of honorary Gunnery Sgt Ermey chastising me for paying $550 and still coming home empty handed -- LOL

----- Doug
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hoo-Ray for Brady delay !

Post by wecsoger »

I like the little 'pocket rocket' Glocks but once you go north of the g26 in 9mm, shooting anything else is a handful. Shooting the old school, /real/ fire-breathing 10mm rounds in that one of yours, I can't imagine. It would truly be, an experience. (maybe do it at night to see the muzzle blast!)

I'm of the knuckle-dragger persuasion and I had to put an extender on my mag just to give me a better grip with my two smaller fingers.

I carry one of the Maxpedition tactical bags (well, it's a man-purse) and the little G26 with two G19 mags fits well in there. I don't use the Glock 17 mags in the 26, they are not reliable.
Treeman72
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Treeman72 »

I read somewhere 10mm pistols were popular for bear protection in Alaska .... they must be strong. I shot a 45 auto subcompact glock of a buddy .... it stung and was uncomfortable. I don't envy the sting
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Look up the ballistics of the original 10mm's, not the current loadings. It was a heckuva round for its time. FBI went to it, then discovered it had recoil, it got downloaded, then they wanted a shorter round, blah, blah, blah.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Treeman72 wrote:I read somewhere 10mm pistols were popular for bear protection in Alaska .... they must be strong. I shot a 45 auto subcompact glock of a buddy .... it stung and was uncomfortable. I don't envy the sting

They have the muzzle velocity to rival a .357 with a larger diameter bullet ---- me personally, i would prefer something around .41 Mag or above for bears, ------ but then again, i have never been on a bear hunt

Then again, if comparing a 6 shot .41 or .44 to a 15 shot Glock 10mm, i guess the Glock has an edge in capacity ------- they used to be a pretty accepted "pig gun" a few years back, i'm sure what worked 12 -15 years ago works today with the right load
----- Doug