22 LR going for $0.07 per round no questions asked????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

22 LR going for $0.07 per round no questions asked????

Post by sore shoulder »

I listed a few older 550 round Rem bulk packs I've had for awhile, sorta rotate stock kinda thing once the panic settles down. Figured at a little over $40 per box I'd get whittled down a bit. I had 3 offers to buy within 5 minutes and had to rush to change ad to SPF. :shock: Is 22 LR that valuable? I suspect I could have easily sold them for $50 per box of 550. Pretty sure I payed $9 per when I bought them.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 22 LR going for $0.07 per round no questions asked????

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Amazing, I was wondering what you could sell 22LR for?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Glad you made a sale, but although some people might be desperate and pay that much I wouldn't.

That's just me, you understand.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm glad I have a few thousand around.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:I'm glad I have a few thousand around.....

Yea, lol, that sale has me eyeballing some more I have laying around. However if people are willing to pay that much for it, I'm a little concerned about when it will be available again.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:

Yea, lol, that sale has me eyeballing some more I have laying around. However if people are willing to pay that much for it, I'm a little concerned about when it will be available again.
I'm not sure I'd be selling any....Even being sort of broke/fixed income I'm in buy mode when I find something with a decent price. Looking for some non-gouge .308 stuff.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:

I'm not sure I'd be selling any....Even being sort of broke/fixed income I'm in buy mode when I find something with a decent price. Looking for some non-gouge .308 stuff.
Unless you catch it at WalMart when it comes off the truck you will be hard pressed. Even the little hole in the wall gun stores are marking ammo way up, mostly because they are having to pay gouge prices off the internet themselves just to keep it in stock.
11B30
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I just got $200 for three LE marked 20 Ruger Mini 14 mags, $68 for one unmarked and $62 for a pair of unmarked stainless magazines. All that paid for a new BP shooter that should be here in about a week.

I sold the rifle at a show for just under $1300. Been having fun with the Obama Panic.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

2ndovc wrote:I just got $200 for three LE marked 20 Ruger Mini 14 mags, $68 for one unmarked and $62 for a pair of unmarked stainless magazines. All that paid for a new BP shooter that should be here in about a week.

I sold the rifle at a show for just under $1300. Been having fun with the Obama Panic.

jb 8)
Hmm, so are LE marked mags selling better than others?

I've made several nice sales. My wife will probably never ever say another word about a gun I buy, not that she ever really has but...

The stripped AR lower for $450 was probably my best sale so far.
11B30
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I wonder how much for my complete ( less gas tube ) MAS 49/56?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

My EBR is in a safe in Wyoming, and I wont be back until the middle of April. Sure wish I had it down here with me, someone could sure have it for the current prices I see.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

3 and 4 position match shooters use this stuff. $19 per box of 50

http://championshooters.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=111
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

One of my LGS offered me $25 a brick for bulk pack Remington .22 when he found out I had them, looks like he could still double his money. By the way, I declined, I too don't know how long this drought will last.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ceb,
I have plenty and not letting go of any of it.
Think what it will be worth if this nonsense goes on.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Well, I kinda need to raise some cash, so I broke down and listed some more, $50 for 550 x 4 and sold within 15 minutes. And I've got alternate buyers stacked 4 deep that have sent emails after I put sold on the ads saying they will take it if it falls through. One guy said he thinks it'll be trade-able for food in the near future. God I hope it doesn't get that bad. Once it settles down I think I'll start stocking more of the CCI Velocitor, I really like that round, and I've read reviews from the match shooters who say it's super accurate.

Jdad, I'll have to check out that Eley too.

I know this, if ammo ever comes back I'm buying more. Some people will invest in metals, I've discovered that investing in guns and ammo is a good thing too.
11B30
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

sore shoulder wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:

Unless you catch it at WalMart when it comes off the truck you will be hard pressed. Even the little hole in the wall gun stores are marking ammo way up, mostly because they are having to pay gouge prices off the internet themselves just to keep it in stock.
Bingo, except I'll add Sportsman's Warehouse and other big box stores to Wallyworld. They have their prices set in their system based on buy price, so when it comes in they just put it out for whatever the system was programmed to sell it at. Thank God really, because if it weren't for that there wouldn't be ANY ammo out there right now I suspect. I've found just about every kind of ammo and primer over the last four weeks of trolling, but I will concede that when I'm in town on days off (I travel for a living) it's something of a stress reliever for me to troll around like that looking. Most folks don't have the time for such a ridiculous routine and are, frankly, SOL right now!

It's pretty sad, and we can all thank the friggen gun haters for it.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
wilko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by wilko »

not selling nothing !!! dont want to get caught without when i need it...
"there's a man going around, taking names.."
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Oh I was also a little light on 7.62x39 and made a trade at 3-(7.62x39) to 1 for 5.56. I think I did ok on that. Maybe. :lol: But I've seen Wolf x39 going for .50 per round. :shock: The stuff I traded for was Samsan, so I'm happy.
11B30
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I'm not selling any ammo. I'm waiting until 50# of rice costs a couple of 45s and 50# of beans costs a half dozen 22s.

you know, when dolares won't buy them at any price.

rice, beans, and venison. I'll miss the tortillas but man can't live by bread alone.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I guess this is the first time I am glad that I can not carry all of my .22 L.R.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have seen Dynapoints sell for $50 a brick AND we are now selling competition ammo to people who are going rabbit hunting... i.e. that is $8.00 for a box of 50 rounds. I could have sold 50+ bricks today but we don't have it. One distributor told Boss Man that he (the shop) could have ONE brick of .22 LR. ONE.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Aye Caramba!!!!!!!!!!!!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have been picking up a brick here, another there. I found some at standard prices in my toy stores. Stuff that was previously marked and not changed.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

None for sale here . I will be rationing what I have on hand and that is less than 10K.

Thanks O`bummer!! :x
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Just counted My stash of 22, conservatively 6 K. Thats just what I could readily see, I'm Good.
Perry
Just saw Chucks post, maybe I aint good. :lol:
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I just can't imagine supply isn't going to come back. For that to happen it will be dark days.
11B30
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Oh, it will come back, just might take longer this time.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

At these prices it would almost pay to reload 22 if you could figure out a way to prime it. Like another said, I'll be metering out my shooting. I've got a single shot lever action .22 that takes a lot longer in between rounds. :lol:
11B30
wilko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by wilko »

at some point you still got to stock up again.... for $ 20 (including the tax assuming we will see those prices again) for a 550 bulkpack plus the original $9 you paid for it in the first place, you profit a whopping $11 ... to me that is not worth the risk of getting caught without.. :)
"there's a man going around, taking names.."
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

wilko wrote:at some point you still got to stock up again.... for $ 20 (including the tax assuming we will see those prices again) for a 550 bulkpack plus the original $9 you paid for it in the first place, you profit a whopping $11 ... to me that is not worth the risk of getting caught without.. :)
Check your math. :wink:

But yea, I made sure I still have a supply. :D

Now I see Fed bulk 550's listed for $55, and I'm betting they sell no problem within the hour. This is crazy.
11B30
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

I haven't shot 50 rds of 22 rimfire in the last 12 years.

I shoot every week but centerfire with cast bullets only with a little bit of 45acp shotshell, and .410 shotshell .

--J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

So I sent a message about the 2200 .22 for $200 to a person that asked to be notified if my sales fell through. He said the 2200 rounds sold in 10 minutes for $200. It's going to keep going up.
11B30
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

@ SS, where r these ads ?
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

11B30
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

At the recent gun show $50 per pack was norm, and by the second day, there was none to be found.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Stopped by my fav fun store to make a trade. Asked what .22 LR was going for at last weekends Tanner gun show in Denver.

$100 for a brick of 500.

Yes, that's right, $100, and he said it all sold.

Went by Walmart to see what they had and a guy was hanging out by the ammo case. Said truck just pulled in and he was going to wait for them to unload and see if there was any .22. Said he would gladly pay $100 for a brick.

Scary
11B30
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

what is it telling you when .22 ammo is a thousand times better than cash?

ain't I been saying it all along?
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

It tells me I have lots of cash :?
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Mescalero wrote:It tells me I have lots of cash :?
years ago I posted on a forum, might have been this one, that the day was coming when .22 ammo would be a very valuable commodity. got lots of laughs for that crack.

I'm still laughing. LOL
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

sore shoulder wrote:Stopped by my fav fun store to make a trade. Asked what .22 LR was going for at last weekends Tanner gun show in Denver.

$100 for a brick of 500.

Yes, that's right, $100, and he said it all sold.

Went by Walmart to see what they had and a guy was hanging out by the ammo case. Said truck just pulled in and he was going to wait for them to unload and see if there was any .22. Said he would gladly pay $100 for a brick.

Scary

I'm rich! I'm rich! :D
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

$100 a brick!!!! 22LR costing as much or more than 22 mag. If 22 mag goes up accordingly, that would be a bad temptation to sell it :evil:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

So far .22mag has weathered the storm.
It is still at wal mart for the old price.
I guess the people who shoot .22mag have thier guns and ammo, the sheeple are to ignorant to put 2+2 together.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The real funny part is that you can buy all the readily available, mid grade, "match" 22lr, for what people are paying for the "plinking" ammo.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

jdad wrote:The real funny part is that you can buy all the readily available, mid grade, "match" 22lr, for what people are paying for the "plinking" ammo.

That is funny and sad at the same time, a lot of clueless people buying guns and ammo is not real comforting.

But then maybe they know something we don't and are speculators :lol:

---J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I bought my brother in law two boxes of standard velocity 22 Shorts here in Cagayen de Oro City Philippines and they cost 390 Pesos which equates into about $9.75 or $4.88 a box which equates into 9 1/2 cents a shot !

And they were not a name brand we would see in the USA so I kinda consider them second rate ammo .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

My wife called around 1:30 this afternoon , said a local store had bricks ( 500 ) cci blazer in stock . I called and the clerk said they had 6 bricks at 25$ ea. I came here to see how folks like them , made it one page into this thread and headed to the store . 6 bricks gone in an hour and a half . :roll:
Did grab a fed match grade bulk ( 325 rnds ) for 17 $.
Phil
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Next time she calls, GO! THEN!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Mescalero wrote:Next time she calls, GO! THEN!
No tell her to buy all 6.

When I heard of guys paying $100 all I could think was I would throw my .22 in a trash can before I would pay that.
11B30
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Im kinda with Grizz & his thinking, I have nuff 22 ammo I may be able to trade for a truck
load of beans & beef or two

ollogger
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Good feeling isn't it? 8)