What Mag is this ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

What Mag is this ?

Post by pwl44m »

I bought a Magazine at the Flea Mkt Sunday. I have no idea what it fits but if the price is right I can't pass up something to do with a Gun. I have a couple pics to see if anyone might recognize it. Thx in advance.
Perry
edit to state that it is 380
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Re: What Mag is this ?

Post by MrMurphy »

May be a PPk mag, the finger extension isn't quite right.

There's a lot of Walther copies out there though, and it could be from them as well.

Also the various small Star/Llama and other autos. Hard to say without dimensions.

Extension is wrong shape for a Beretta 1934.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I don't know what it is for but it isn't for a Star, Llama, Colt, Walther or Browning .380 (1910). I can also tell you we don't have another one in the shop. :lol: Yeah, we go through the mag bin quite a lot. The thing was likely made in the 1980s for some cheap gun. Hi-point crossed my mind but it almost looks too good for that. :wink: Seriously though, the odd position of the floor-plate, where it doesn't go all the way to the back of mag box should be THE clue. I can't think of one that does that.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

It's very close to the Walther PP/PPK pattern, so it may be from a clone, like one of the Bersa's.

I would test-fit it in those pistols, to see how it fits/latches.

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

That notch at the heel suggests to me that the pistol has a heel type clip release, also I don't see any other notches to retain it in the pistol.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hobie wrote:Seriously though, the odd position of the floor-plate, where it doesn't go all the way to the back of mag box should be THE clue. I can't think of one that does that.
My AMT .380 Backup does just that, as it is a heel-release setup like the Ruger Mk-II .22 pistols are, and the catch goes under that heel.

Might see if it matches one of those if you can find a picture on Numrich, or if a friend has a .380 Backup. I can post a picture of mine later.

Anyway, I bet is is a heel-release type gun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

When I look at that floor plate/finger stop all I can think is it's not seated into place. Also, all of the AMT backups I can find pictures of have a little finger stop that drops down of the floor plate and look like a little lever almost. I'll admit this mystery has me intrigued.

AMT
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Maybe some better pics are in order. This is a one piece mag, non removeable floor plate. It is all welded together. Just says 380 on the bottom.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Well I was bored so I did a google image search for .380 magazine, after scrolling through a couple hundred I didn't see anything that resembled that floorplate. Maybe it goes to this?

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I just realized I've being doin' it wrong,buying the guns then try'in to find magazines,your way is much cheaper :D
Rumble.com/ hickock45
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I keep thinking Euro and heel release. The old FIE/Titan pistols might be a good place to start looking.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Maybe something here looks like it? http://www.gungarage.com/maglink.htm
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

AWP, didn't see anything there.
Perry