Iran in Photos

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Iran in Photos

Post by Pitchy »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Lastmohecken wrote:
When someone starts trashing our Holy Bible, we as Christians are not going to just ignore it.
when Jesus talked about turn the other cheek, he didn't mean take physical abuse. The slap in the face was a cliche for taking an insult, and he meant that we as Christians are big enough to take an insult.
And He also taught that if you`ve preached until your blue in the face and people won`t change to dust the dust off your sandles and move on.
I`m all for deffending our Bible and faith but if we start a war over it we`re no better than others that do the same.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Christians turned the other cheek when the unbelievers took over our schools, took over our government, took over our children, murdered FIFTY FIVE MILLION of them, and now we get the result policing the threads and trashing the first amendment when they're upset that someone dares to talk back with Truth.

There are far more lurkers than posters around here. Silence is mistaken as approval by the uninformed. We do war against the demonic powers of darkness, and it's not by being silent and consenting to them that the Gospel is made known.
But Jesus answered, "I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!
I will be one of the stones
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I disagree. For those reading, the gospel is replaced with your politics.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

bulldog1935 wrote:I disagree. For those reading, the gospel is replaced with your politics.
I am not political about the Gospel

Christ said the Kingdom of God is at hand

I have no hope of reconciliation to God but by Christ

I have lifted up and exalted the Name of the Christ

what's political about that?
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

independent voters will vote against anything you will vote for, because they think you think your politics are gospel.

This is why Christ said give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

You do flip between politics and gospel - one post you blame unbelievers for the condition of our country, and the next post you state this is all about gospel.

That's not what God's word says. He says if MY people who are called by MY name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways, then he will heal the land. Don't blame unbelievers for the condition of our country.
God's Word says the problem is believers.

I have only this suggestion. Use a concordance and read everything Paul said in reference to Meat - not just the verses, the context - then read Roman's 7. If you want to win other people, you have to share with other people - not just the gospel - their lives. They've heard the gospel - they see posters with John 3:16 at football games. Seeing the gospel in action is what makes a difference.
I totally agree agree the first post was calling us out. So don't take the bait. Instead of telling him about you, find out about him.
Last edited by bdhold on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Every time I re-read this thread the visualization of men with their eyes bugging and bloodshot, veins on their necks standing out, wildly waving thier arms, and with spit and froth flying out of their mouths becomes just a little bit more clear...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

deleted
Last edited by C. Cash on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

yeah, we can take it.
God loves us all the same. He doesn't love us because of who we are or what we do - or even what we believe - but because of who he is.
God's word is our owner's manual. We use it to spend time with him when that's the best we can do.

Imagine the job Jesus could have done defending himself.

who is it that really needs defending - the person who is safe for eternity, or the person who isn't?
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

deleted
Last edited by C. Cash on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

bulldog1935 wrote: I have only this suggestion. Use a concordance and read everything Paul said in reference to Meat - not just the verses, the context - then read Roman's 7. If you want to win other people, you have to share with other people - not just the gospel - their lives. They've heard the gospel - they see posters with John 3:16 at football games. Seeing the gospel in action is what makes a difference.
I totally agree agree the first post was calling us out. So don't take the bait. Instead of telling him about you, find out about him.
what he said. what, we have a dozen people going to beat a guy with God's word because he insulted our beliefs?
God bless you, I'm done.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

You do flip between politics and gospel - one post you blame unbelievers for the condition of our country, and the next post you state this is all about gospel.
I made note of undeniable historical facts. You call that political? I just cited the facts of the results of Godlessness that I've observed in my lifetime. That's political? I don't think so.
I never said anyone was calling us out. Those are your words. I recommend you take your own advice. If you followed it you wouldn't feel the need to redirect my witness. Not everyone in Christ's body is called to be whatever you're called to be. Not everyone is tasked with your task. If your calling is to demonstrate something by your behavior, then do that. Work out your own walk with Christ.

Speaking of Paul, did you ever read the part where he greeted the brethren with the Gospel. The information that Christ died in our place for our sins, layed in the grave and then rose from the dead? In every letter he wrote? Did you notice that? Ever wonder what that was all about? Do you think Paul was political there?

@FWeidner

No stress here. Christians do not hate to hear the good news, it's the lost who recoil from Truth. I pray and edit what I write concerning eternal things. My motives are mostly straight most of the time.

I am so glad you'all are keeping this up on top. I was done with it days ago but y'all are so interested you keep inviting me back in. Thanks very much. It's so interesting because the Kingdom of God is eternal, and where we decide our forwarding address will be is also eternal. I like to direct people's attention to the coming face to face interview with Jesus because, well, we're all getting closer to it. Regardless of what we believe or unbelieve, we will meet the Living Christ face to face. The good news is that if we trust Him for His Mercy and Grace, based on His substitution for us, we will live in that eternal place that He prepared for those who love Him.

Thanks again for keeping this topic alive Guys, I appreciate it.

"The stones will cry out" if we don't
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Paul used every possible means to connect with unbelievers and not isolate them.
Connecting with those who agree with you is always easy.
And like I said, we're not the ones who need defending.
God bless you.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

you certainly live up to your handle, good on ya :!:

It is not the Gospel that isolates unbelievers, it's satan who closes their minds and hardens their hearts.

Christ said: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

I am not claiming to be that sword, but Scripture teaches that Christ's words are His sword.

I hope we can sit down to a cup of coffee and some bbq some day, I think we'd enjoy the fellowship.

Grizz
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Whew. . . how 'bout them Ravens? :D

Great pictures of Iran. Would love to visit someday, as well as Israel, Syria, Jordan on other historical places. I' sure I never will get to, so I appreciate the photos.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I have deleted my posts after responding to the initial poster DBW, in the interest of not appearing to argue with those who are Believers, in front of those who are not. I have always seen these posts as "talking" rather than arguing, but it is apparent that that is not how things are taken by many. The Gospel is more important than me being right anyhow. Take care boys. The time is at hand where we may all need each other to get through. If I can ever help you in anyway, let me know.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

My boss discovered he can hire Iranian expatriate junior engineers on the cheap, and we're on our second one.
Even as a kid, though, I knew an Air Force officer who had been stationed there. It's a large diverse country, with mountains, snow and trout streams in addition to temperate forests and yes, desert.
The populous is educated and western-oriented, though trapped by a government that legislates 7th century religious dogma, and has a stated desire to exterminate Israel.

There is an Iranian Dream.
It's to send their kids to the US so they can pursue the American Dream.
Last edited by bdhold on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

FWiedner wrote:Every time I re-read this thread the visualization of men with their eyes bugging and bloodshot, veins on their necks standing out, wildly waving thier arms, and with spit and froth flying out of their mouths becomes just a little bit more clear...

:lol:
You need to spend less time reading in front of the mirror Fred.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

yes, I did bring up that people read with their own spirit.

and turning the other cheek is what makes us different from islam.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

FWiedner wrote:Back in the day I used to date an Iranian girl who had moved to Texas with her older brother who was a former (read that 'deserter') military officer on the run from the Ayatollah. back about 1980.

Man she was pretty, and just the sweetest thing.

Her brother was a man looking over his shoulder. We didn't see eye to eye of a bunch of stuff but we could be straight with each other.

Everybody had to move on.

I wonder if they ever got to go back home... ?

:?
As I recall prior to the Ayatollah and Saddam Hussein, both Iran and Iraq were well on their way to becoming modern nations.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

WhirlWind, by James Clavel, was an accurate novel about the transition from Modern Iran to the Dark Ages when Islam reclaimed the country.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Grizz wrote:you certainly live up to your handle, good on ya :!:

It is not the Gospel that isolates unbelievers, it's satan who closes their minds and hardens their hearts.

Christ said: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

I am not claiming to be that sword, but Scripture teaches that Christ's words are His sword.

I hope we can sit down to a cup of coffee and some bbq some day, I think we'd enjoy the fellowship.

Grizz
The bible says...

The owners manual of my car says...

Neither is divinely inspired. I've got no use for any religion even though I believe God exists. To believe that God spoke only to a few select people that no other person was witness to is silliness. Yet for some reason, people will discount someone today that claims God spoke to them and call them crazy, yet are perfectly willing to believe that a person thousands of years ago was spoken to by God in burning bushes, dreams and other strange revelations... and they're called prophets. The fact remains that if God speaks to one person, and that person then tells others that God spoke to them, this is nothing more than hearsay to those who were not witness to God speaking. Let's toss out reason and go by ignorant faith.

Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, Ethan Allen, George Washington... all men who believed in God but discounted the bible as mythology. Jesus is as much a man as any that ever lived. To say otherwise would be to say that God screwed up when He created everything... and thus altered what was supposedly perfect to offer a correction. So either it was perfect to begin with (and needed no correction)... or it was imperfect from the start, which means that God isn't perfect... and thus isn't god.

Reason and observation of the natural world (which is science) have no place in the minds of religious zealots. None are willing to use the only benchmark that applies to all humans... nature. Intellectual midgets, they proclaim their holy text "says..." as though that it the only place to start a discussion. It's their way, or none at all. And this is why wars ensue. It's all about control. Silliness.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Removed my opinion.
Last edited by Pitchy on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Well, DBW, I wonder how open your mind is. You and some others make those claims, but are you willing to listen to actuarial proofs?

I am willing to offer rational proof that the Bible is not man-made, that it is Divinely inspired, just as it claims, if you are willing to consider it.

It's interesting that you claim to have scientific evidence to support your claims, but of course you don't have any evidence. What you believe would not stand as evidence in a just court of law. But there is rational evidence that will stand rational tests, and is the rational foundation of what I believe.

Grizz
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Grizz, I'm surprised this thread is still going on! But thank you. You are explaining/sharing what I consider "Truths" much, much better than I could. I'm in complete agreement with your statements. Thanks again...

Michael Isaac
Son of The Living and Loving God...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

George Washington.....we can't include him as a non believer in The Bible(no evidence I've seen for that). Nor was he a Diest as we know from what he wrote that he prayed and gave thanks for God's active intervention. The vast majority of the founders were orthodox Christian Believers as well. We had some oddballs like Jefferson and Franklin, but they were the exception. It was from these Christian men that we framed our laws and honored the free will of all to choose our faith as we see fit. That is lost on today's society, who see them as a bunch of oppressive, irrelevant white men.

For Us Believers in the silly book.....and I say this to no one in particular and perhaps to myself most of all....let's not take our disagreements with fellow Belivers before the eyes of men. Such things are best worked out in love, face to face over a cheeseburger or PM to PM. Yes, I am guilty for sure.
Last edited by C. Cash on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I'm quite sure you will find an inordinately high percentage of believers among medical doctors - also among pilots and astronauts. So belief is not contrary to knowledge and education.
But the doctors know they can't heal anybody. Only God can heal.

As far as the church as an organization versus the church as God's ordained body, today's message from Steve Troxel seems fitting
Sometimes when I think about what is happening with my daughter I can barely breathe. I seem to have a constant pit in my stomach. I went for a long run on Friday and the pit went away for a while, but yesterday it returned; so I went running again. And today is another day. Many of you understand, from your own difficult experience, exactly what I'm saying, and I love you for that.

It's hard to believe it has only been ten days since we were told our twelve year old daughter, Kaylee, has ovarian cancer. Last week I wrote some reflections on God's purpose in our pain. That message is located at:
http://gdwm.org/index.php/2013/01/his-purpose-in-pain/

I guess I would say we have had a difficult, but blessed, week. Difficult because of all the emotions, doctor visits, phone calls, insurance coordination, packing, and travel. Blessed by the rapid transition to one of the best cancer hospitals in the world, and also by the overwhelming outpouring of love. Kaylee has received cards and gifts from her basketball team, her school friends, and her church youth group. Each group of kids is praying and has provided her with many Bible passages of comfort. The parents of each of these groups, as well as our church, have reached out to us with encouragement, prayer and support. Of course, you in the email world, from all around the world, have flooded my in-box with messages of encouragement and prayer. Several of you even called the hospital resulting in a wonderful visit from Connie in Patient Affairs. Thank you so very much! Kaylee is scheduled for surgery at 10:00 on Tuesday morning at M.D. Anderson in Houston, TX. Your prayers during this time are appreciated.

As our family has been on the receiving end of so much love I have had the opportunity to reflect on what it means to be a part of the Body of Christ. I admit that I have had a love-hate relationship with the church for many years. I love the church because it is clear that Christ loves the church and it remains part of His ongoing plan. But I have also found myself discouraged with what has been done in the past, and what continues to be done today, in the name of Christ and His church. Perhaps I realize, through what I have experienced this week, that there are times when the church acts like the Body of Christ, and many times when the church actually works against His Body.

1 Corinthians 12:24-27
"But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."

God put the body together - the Body of Christ, of which each one of us is a part - so that there should be no division. Really? If that is true, and we believe it is, then the times when the church acts in ways which create division are not times when it is acting as the Body of Christ. These are times when the church is not walking in submission to the Spirit of God. Unfortunately, the church has often been characterized by fighting and hate rather than unity. Somewhere in the quest to be "right" they lost the directive to have equal concern and to love: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace" (Ephesians 4:2-3).

The fights of the early church against the Arians, Donatists, and Pelagians, as well as the many groups with differing understandings of Christ, resulted in much more than exclusion from fellowship. They resulted in wars and executions; done in the name of the church. In the sixteenth century more divisions occurred, resulting in thousands upon thousands of deaths. Again, done in the name of truth and right; as if these actions were part of God's plan for His creation. Every single century contains unimaginable horror in which the church demonstrates the disconnect between itself and the loving Body of Christ; "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves" (Romans 12:10).

In our present day we have generally stopped killing one another over theological differences, and this is good! But we still carry the quest to be right, and maintain the self-given authority to exclude, to spiritually execute, those who do not agree. Our fights today are over such things as Spiritual gifts, the return of Christ, the role of the church, the role of women, the purpose of works, the extent of grace, the inspiration of scripture, and the purpose of hell. The church is so divided that it is a wonder anyone is ever drawn inside.

And yet, the Body of Christ is beautiful; "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" (Ephesians 4:4-6). This week we have experienced the Body of Christ at its very best. We experienced love and compassion; "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn" (Romans 12:15). We experienced a unified family; "so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others" (Romans 12:5). Perhaps this is how we experience Christ.

I long for the day when the church is unified in love. Unity does not mean we all need to hold to the same beliefs or understanding of scripture. But it does mean we refuse to divide or compromise our command to love. Let's take an honest look at how we have come to identify Christianity and how we define our local church. Then, please, let's focus more of our effort into loving one another (all the one anothers) and truly live as the Body of Christ.
http://gdwm.org/index.php/today/

I guess this thread never was about Iran.

and Grizz, it's not me you need to have coffee with. How are you going to invite DBW to coffee now? Christians understand Christianese. Nonbelievers are isolated by it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

and Grizz, it's not me you need to have coffee with. How are you going to invite DBW to coffee now? Christians understand Christianese. Nonbelievers are isolated by it.
Actually, he has discoursed with me and invited me back into this discussion after I had stated that I was ready to call it quits. He seems to be interested in making his point of view understood, as do I.

Sometimes I think I would get along better around a camp fire with DBW than with you. But I invite you both to break bread with me. How ecumenical is that?

If your idea of communicating your faith is by having unbelievers observe your behavior, then you are invisible to them here.

If you are in fact a child of the living God, and DBW is in fact not, by God's definition, then I could care less what you think of me and could not care more about what DBW thinks of Christ. That's why I'm trying to elevate Christ's words into the conversation.

the rocks will declare Christ if we fail to.

Oh yeah, Iran. Beautiful land. Ugly government. Same as here as far as that goes. Any questions?
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The photos are interesting.

The rest is boorish.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

FWiedner wrote:The photos are interesting.

The rest is boorish.

Man, you got that right.

Never would have opened this thread if I'd known it was just a 4 page religious argument :roll:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

92&94 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:The photos are interesting.

The rest is boorish.

Man, you got that right.

Never would have opened this thread if I'd known it was just a 4 page religious argument :roll:
I enjoyed the Pics 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

you guys crack me up, I am so glad you are keeping this on top. thanks
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

There are a few things worth getting your knickers in a twist over, and this is not one of them.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Ecumenical. Grizz, God bless you - he didn't create doctrine and dogma and eschatology so that Christians could decide who not to hang out with - man created those things as a way to apologize for what they didn't understand about God's Word. I am your friend, and brother, and I'm fine if you deny it.

DBW, of course God speaks to men. He speaks to men today just as he did then. About little things, about big things. Most of the men who have posted on this thread are here because they have answered God's call. God doesn't do things with a bolt of lightning. But when someone cries out to him - say a doctor in Ethopia who sees people dying, and he knows he could save them with a clinic - God puts a heavy weight on someone's heart. A desire to put a crew together and go build a hospital in Ethopia. He doesn't know why, but he knows he won't be happy unless he does it. If it all falls apart and he can't do it, he will be OK - all he will lose will be that blessing (sense of satisfaction), God will put the same desire on someone else, and the hospital will be built. Or dig water wells, or build a school, or tell someone who's hurting how much God loves him.

What God wants done, he gives us the chance to do it, so that we get the sense of satisfaction, and the chance to see that he provides what we would otherwise think is impossible. This is how we learn about him, and how our faith grows. But note that the man could never have that weight on his heart to build a hospital unless he was listening to God. It's only those who are looking for and listening to God who will step out. This is how you define both inspiration and faith. There are men who post on this board who have stepped out and are in Africa right now, and whose children are in South America - the examples are as numerous and diverse as the needs of the world. This is not nature, in fact, it's completely contrary to nature. Nature is to kill, survive, hoard, and enhance the gene pool, not to provide for others.

Again, here is someone who has answered God's call to tell me what I needed to hear today.
God's Word contains many passages which encourage us in our struggles. Paul tells us to "press on toward the goal" (Philippians 3:14), "run a good race" (Galatians 5:7), and "fight the good fight" (2 Timothy 4:7). Each of these acknowledge the struggle and exhort us to keep moving forward. But there are times we become weary and even the thought of pressing, running, or fighting becomes difficult. Yet, we know we must endure - we must overcome!

Revelation 2:7
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

In the second and third chapters of Revelation, John is simply dictating the words spoken by Jesus. In these two chapters, Jesus speaks seven times about "him who overcomes." Each time there is a gift or reward for the one who is "successful" and overcomes. This is certainly good motivation for us to endure, but the question still remains: How can we overcome as our strength begins to fade?

John knew what it took to overcome. Several years earlier, he had written a letter to encourage believers to stay committed and to give the assurance of eternal life. He also specified exactly who would overcome: "Everyone born of God overcomes the world... Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:4-5). Read this carefully and rejoice! Those who believe are those who will overcome!!

We must endure and overcome the world; but our faith in Jesus and NOT our strength is what allows us to endure. There are times we must run and times we must fight - times we will be called to be a mighty warrior for the Lord. But there are also times when we are terribly weak; times of great tribulation; times we must grab on to Jesus and allow HIS strength to carry us through the storm. These are times we will need to simply hold on!

When the battle seems unbearable, "Hold on to what you have - I {Jesus} am coming soon" (Revelation 3:11). When we feel surrounded by evil and the darkness is closing in, "Hold on to the good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). And when we become overwhelmed with doubt and fear, "Hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast" (Hebrews 3:6).

When we are weary in the storm, let's take comfort in the peaceful waters ahead. Let's fix our eyes on Jesus and hold on...He will never let us go. He has given His Children a wonderful promise: as we continue to believe and trust Him with all our heart, we WILL overcome!
The OP didn't start this thread to draw attention to Iran. He wanted this thread to be a political statement about Israel, some vent against his employer for some bent against Iran, and to spark the religious discussion that ensued - and he made that clear. Agree it's great photography. Cool pictures, some sad.
Last edited by bdhold on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Luke 6:22
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bulldog

I be your friend and brother right back as long as, and I think this is how it is, we both put our faith, hope, and trust in Jesus Christ alone as the author and finisher of our faith.

After that things get fuzzy for everyone.

Thanks for chipping in, I appreciate it.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

what's most important, bro is that we're both friends with DBW.
Christ didn't die for believers - he died for the world.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

bulldog1935 wrote:what's most important, bro is that we're both friends with DBW.
Christ didn't die for believers - he died for the world.
I got nothing but love for him. Jesus did die for believers you know, otherwise we couldn't be one.

I am still interested in having that conversation with DBW.

Grizz