My Rossi M92 in .38/.357

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

My Rossi M92 in .38/.357

Post by dracothered »

Here is my newest rifle along with my Sig P238 that I carry daily. I added the sling attachment points and installed the safety replacement peep sight. The last thing I did was shorten the mag spring with a metal mag follower installed and lighter ejector spring installed. I will also go through the action and slick it up some. I also have a Rossi scope rail coming that I will install as long as it doesn't block the peep to front sight blade picture.
e-Img_1119.jpg
e-Img_1120.jpg
e-Img_1121.jpg
e-Img_1122.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Re: My Rossi M92 in .38/.357

Post by DBW »

Nice setup.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

How do you like the 238?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

Old Savage wrote:How do you like the 238?
It's a great shooting gun and works flawlessly with only two failures. One was a FTF and the other was a FTE. Both were most likely due to when I first shot it I didn't clean it before I took it to the range brand new out of the box. The only down side is it is a SIG which makes it costly.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

Ok I got my scope rail for my rifle and you can see over it with the peep sight. This is great because if I mount a Red dot or Scout scope I still will have iron sights for backup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

My old rossi in 357 does reach very well past 125 yards, but I put a receiver side mount scope rail to use to get better precision when testing ammo.

A red dot would work nicely on that barrel mount rail, but I wonder if you could get a long eye relief scope for magnification as well.
dracothered
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dracothered »

FatJackDurham wrote:My old rossi in 357 does reach very well past 125 yards, but I put a receiver side mount scope rail to use to get better precision when testing ammo.

A red dot would work nicely on that barrel mount rail, but I wonder if you could get a long eye relief scope for magnification as well.
Yes it is doable, I have one on my .303 Enfield...