Always carry a gun. Always.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Always carry a gun. Always.

Post by Old Ironsights »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... .lion.ktvk

Fox news just said that the lion tested thing. for rabies.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Good thing the boy only got some scratches even better they got that cat before he came across someone less prepared.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Its shame that the boy was attacked. glad he is okay.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Real good thing they didn't call 911 like we are told to do.A nice friendly firearm is comforting to have with you . Thank God the boy is OK.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yup! Having moved back East, I am no longer concerned about the Mountain Lions attacking my boys, but always carry now for the Pit Bulls and Rots that their "macho" owners let run loose. :?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Scoutmaster
Levergunner

Post by Scoutmaster »

"Always carry a gun. Always."-Good advise! A now deceased friend had once told me if it's stainless steel I even carry it in the shower.
Don
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

So what's the gist of the story? I'm on dial up and dont want to wait the 5 minutes for the video to load.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Small child (8?) out ATVing with family. Cougar spotted while kids are off their bikes.

Kids "freeze" as told, cougar attacks anyway. Uncle shoots cougar.

Fortunately, while Fed land this was NPS land, so uncle was "allowed" to carry a gun and shoot the cat that ended up being both Rabid and trying to narf the kid. :roll:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

It is illegal to carry a gun on NPS land, except in cases where hunting rifles are carried for legal hunting. Carrying a HANDGUN on NPS land is illegal. The Nazi Park Service prohibits citizens from carrying guns on NPS land. Remember when National Park land was OUR land? No, me neither. It is and always has been "captured territory".
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

He is 10, not 8...

Post by Old Ironsights »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/west ... n0311.html

10-year-old calm as lion attacked, grampa recalls

Lily Leung
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 11, 2008 07:57 AM

Ten-year-old Paul John Schalow and his cousin, Brittany, 9, sat along the Verde River on Saturday afternoon after their family set up camp, passing the time by filling their cups with sand.

Moments later, their grandfather Newton Smith remembers someone yelling "look," turning everyone's attention toward a mountain lion hovering over Paul.

The El Mirage boy, who was celebrating his 10th birthday in the Tonto National Forest, remained calm even as he was attacked by the animal. The cat tested positive for rabies, the Arizona Department of Health Services confirmed on Monday.

The boy's uncle shot the lion in time for the youngster to escape with only scratches on his back…
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

Ah,,,it is so nice when FACTS confront dogma, even if it is MY dogma. National Forests are run by the Agriculture Department, not by the Nazi Park Service of the Interior Department. The Forest Service does allow private citizens to carry HANDGUNS on Forest Service land.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

Scoutmaster wrote:"Always carry a gun. Always."-Good advise! A now deceased friend had once told me if it's stainless steel I even carry it in the shower.
Don
Don, I 2nd your comments as here in Tn. we have way too many wild or feral dogs taken to rural areas and simply released when not wanted. I've also encountered a pair of coyotes that had decided to try to make my dog their lunch one day as we were walking the woods. I had decided, luckily, to carry a .22 that morning. It's either a 10/22 Ruger or 4" .38 that goes with me on ALL outings now. The scarey part is that many people who do not spend much time in the woods, never think to carry a firearm. We had a small child killed about a year ago in eastern Tn. by a black bear. One of 2 people killed by bears in east Tn. in less than a year's time.
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.