how to get water out of a well casing .......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

how to get water out of a well casing .......

Post by new pig hunter »

an interesting "survivalist" idea ..... and something for the armchair tinkerers.

if your well pump doesn't work, here's a clever idea to lift water from the well casing ......
http://www.gundigest.com/survival/video ... =233683081

Cheers,

Carl
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: how to get water out of a well casing .......

Post by gamekeeper »

Neat and cheap... 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

About 50 years ago now I went with my uncle to visit his mother. She had a well out back with a "bucket" that worked like that only hers was made from galvenized metal and there was a ring at the top that would pull the ball out of the way so the "bucket" would dump from the bottom and you didn't have to turn it upside down.
Lehmans sells them yet today: https://www.lehmans.com/p-1384-galvaniz ... ucket.aspx
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Interesting. The Auld Phart park I'm in has an abandoned well, since they went to city water...This is easier than trying to find a three phase genpac for the pump... :idea: :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

That is a home made bailer. I have used a smaller one many times developing monitoring test well.

The video made small mention of clearing the well. That means pulling the electric pump at the bottom of the well and all the pvc pipe connected to it. In this area, that can be several hundred feet. A job for a boom truck, or several STRONG men. If the pipe is old galvanized steel, that is a mighty task.

Just in well devolopment, I remember my arms getting like jelly trying to move several well volumes out of the casing.

But it is not an entirely bad idea; just not anywhere as simple as the little video clip shows, most of the time.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Absolutely brilliant, light and just about bullet proof version of the well drillers bail. I think it would also work like a dream through the ice in winter conditions.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I have the old galvanized version and a pulley to run the rope over. Two wells on my place and a spring that I can make use of in an emergency.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

If I had water that close to the surface I would have a hand pump for emergencies and a jet pump to water the yard with the rest of time.

I think most of us would be better served with a rain water cistern and a hand pump for emergencies .

---J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
bobbyjack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bobbyjack »

Like others have said if you have a jet (shallow)pump then just disconect the lines

pull the pump and use a well pull and rope. Biggest drawback is the jet usually has

a small pumphouse.

Bob