We all need to be ready...officer shooting.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

We all need to be ready...officer shooting.

Post by C. Cash »

Whether police officers or no, we all need to be ready one for these murdering twerps. So, my immediate reaction is that he should have left much more space between his an the perps vehicle, to have more time to react, but probably would have done similar to what he did with the adrenaline. What lessons do you take away from this? I would be loathe to take someones life, but I would have loved to have been in that garage with a 12 gauge double stoked with mag buckshot. http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri ... cE-FgOpqLU
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: We all need to be ready...officer shooting.

Post by Griff »

More info: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2 ... er-Pursuit

Shooter was later shot and killed.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Thank the Lord that the officer survived with all those multiple gunshot wounds. I'm glad that justice was served on the perpetrator. Now that that video is on the web, others may use the same tactic. The question is, for other LEO's, what would the best course of action be? Since the other fellow is already out, shooting and advancing closer, I wonder if the best course of action is to get the windshield between the LEO and the shooter by reversing and swinging the front end to keep the windshield between them as the LEO get's some distance. The shooter would probably get back in the car and make a run for it. If he tried the same thing the second time, it might be wise to come in wide and ram the drivers side door as he exists but even better if one could hang back and wait for more cruisers to arrive. Three or four LEO's pouring lead into the perp is better than one.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah it is a crapshoot as that guy was out so quick....forwards, backwards could have lead to either success or failure. There was really no time to think, but in hindsight he should have stayed well back to have more reaction time. That is the one thing that hits me....that close, he no longer had the space to do one blessed thing. At the point the officer was at, my gut reaction would be to floor it and hope for the best. But again, so little time.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Kirk,

That jumpin out quick as you can is not a new tactic on the part of perps. It's been workin' for years. We trained for just such eventualities. Several tactics are a good defense for that. I'd tell what they are... but then...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Understood Griff. Maybe good for some of us to see in order to think what we should and should not do in such situations. I hope that officer made a complete recovery. The fact that he was only hit by a ricochette shows that he had an angel on his shoulder.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

C. Cash wrote:Understood Griff. Maybe good for some of us to see in order to think what we should and should not do in such situations. I hope that officer made a complete recovery. The fact that he was only hit by a ricochette shows that he had an angel on his shoulder.
Uncommon good sense really dictates that there are a couple good tactics. Both defensive AND offensive!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Dave James
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dave James »

Not enough info from the video to really say what or how, we shows those type of vid's for years at roll call to reinforce no such thing as a standard traffic stop, the job has just gotten harder as the years have gone by, me personally if the cruiser was still in gear I would have pinned the bastard between it and the Volvo.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah that is what I was going for in my post above....floor it and pin him to the car. Better to have stayed well back in the first place, but easy for me to Monday Morning quaterback. I think for most of us with a seatbelt on, a cross draw holster with a thumb break would be fairly fast to get into action. When I wear on my right side the seatbelt seems to interfere with getting at my pistol.